Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game with "Dashboard" and "Process Monitor"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game with "Dashboard" and "Process Monitor" Empty Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game with "Dashboard" and "Process Monitor"

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:04

Hello everyone,
Its a problem that some mods slow down your game so much, this tutorial is about how to figure out these bad mods and speed up your game.

First of all download these files: Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard
                                            Process Monitor

SIMS 3 DASHBOARD
After downloading, extract Dashboard from .rar and simply run the Sims3dashboard.exe . After that go to File>Scan Folder. Here you will select the folder you use for mods. From there click on your username, then My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods>Packages.

After that your mods load, you need to see if there are bad or corrupted or conflicting mods here. Here is an example, I have 3 conflicting mods:

Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game with "Dashboard" and "Process Monitor" YVLYgML

Simply press Select, and then to Conflicts. it will select the Conflicted mods, now go to Action and Delete Packages. This should fasten your game.

PROCESS MONITOR

Just extract it and open Procmon.exe . After opening go to Filter>Filter... Here you will make first box "Process name" second box "is" and type TS3.exe into bits. Then press add. It should look like this:
Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game with "Dashboard" and "Process Monitor" W4t5

After that Make the first box "Process name" and second box "is" like we did before. Thats the default settings. Then add TS3W.exe into the value. Add that one too. Now you need to add your expansion packs too(long process I know). 
  Now simply type TS3EP01.exe into value and add. Do this until you reach TS3EP09.exe . If you have stuff packs, do TS3SP01.exe to TS3SP08.exe .
  And lastly, make first box "Path" and second box "ends with" and make value ".package" without quotes. After that add that value "package" and you will be done. Just delete other processes that we haven't done. Press OK and you will be done.

Now go into Sims 3 and play it a bit in live mode. Like after 5 minutes close it. Go into process monitor again. Go into tools>file summary . Click to "By Extension" and click to + sign near packages. Then click on the "Total" column so it will sort by number of times accessed. If a file accessed so much then usual then there is a problem. DON'T MIND DELTABUILD AND CACHE FILES. Here is an example: 
Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game with "Dashboard" and "Process Monitor" 800px-ProcessMonitor-ProblemFile

You see that highlighted package has accessed tons of times. That slows down your game simply delete it.

I hope I helped you. If you still have problem or confused in somewhere just ask me.

Ps: English not my native sorry for it.

//EDIT
Admin can you move this to tips and tricks please.

//MOVED

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 3 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 3 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE SECTION WITH THE SAME NAME.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.

Last edited by cagil99 on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:58; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game with "Dashboard" and "Process Monitor" Empty Re: Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game with "Dashboard" and "Process Monitor"

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:52

All mods slow your game down, not just bad ones. In fact, corrupt mods don't really slow down your game at all, since the game doesn't load them. They just take up hard disk space.

Anyway thanks for the tips but umm, I'll just settle for seeing what mods work and which don't in-game, Delphy's Dashboard marked mods as "corrupt" before even though they worked just fine.

Back to top Go down

Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game with "Dashboard" and "Process Monitor" Empty Re: Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game with "Dashboard" and "Process Monitor"

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:53

Of course all of mods slow down your game, but some just makes it slower. Or a hair you download can even lag your game. I experienced that. And if you have corrupt or conflicts, your game slows down too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 17:58

hello.i have some questions regarding combining CC
i swear i have install many software (like s3pe,CCmagic)and countless hours to learn and fix slow loading problems but i still dont know how to use them.

1) i dont donwload any content from sites.i just install The Sims 3, and 5 expansion(Ambitions,late night, showtime,seasons,and university).now my loading is slow. so the idea is to combine these 5 expansion into one big package.thats why we use s3pe, right? please correct me on this.i really noob.

2)there are so many .package, and .cfg in each subfolder in each expansion. how to combine?if i did ,where to save it?at desktop? then the original .package i need to delete or what?

3)whats the difference between ccmagic and s3pe? btw i have no clue how to use any of them

thank you so much if anybody can help me this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 18:07

cagil99 wrote:Of course all of mods slow down your game, but some just makes it slower. Or a hair you download can even lag your game. I experienced that. And if you have corrupt or conflicts, your game slows down too

Not really. Only mods that slow down the game more than others are the ones that alter the graphics.

Apart from that it's all about quantity, not quality, when it comes to how much mods slow down your game.

bangla1malaysia wrote:
1) i dont donwload any content from sites.i just install The Sims 3, and 5 expansion(Ambitions,late night, showtime,seasons,and university).now my loading is slow. so the idea is to combine these 5 expansion into one big package.thats why we use s3pe, right? please correct me on this.i really noob.

2)there are so many .package, and .cfg in each subfolder in each expansion. how to combine?if i did ,where to save it?at desktop? then the original .package i need to delete or what?

3)whats the difference between ccmagic and s3pe? btw i have no clue how to use any of them

thank you so much if anybody can help me this.

You can't merge expansions. Not conventionally, and not without severely  f****** up your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 18:14

You can't merge expansions. Not conventionally, and not without severely  f****** up your game.

so what youre saying is nothing i can do about it?
 but i when i google how to increase load time, many site suggest to merge these package?
or is it i who dont understand what package they are talking about?lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 02:14

Merging packages means merging MOD files not the expansions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 05:47

Stupid question:  Do these programs only identify CC (like hair, clothes, furniture, etc) or do they also tell you if core mods are corrupted or bad or not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 10:06

Hello,
Thats not a stupid question Wink  and yes it tells you if core mods are corrupted or bad or not too I gave hair and clothes just for instance Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jul 2013, 20:30

So I have had the Dashboard for a while now, and I just visited the G4TW new website and grabbed the BRAND NEW store fixes... just ran Dashboard for shiggles and... lo and behold, all new store fixes from G4TW are showing CONFLICT. Hmmmmm????

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 24 Jul 2013, 00:03

steak n eggs wrote:So I have had the Dashboard for a while now, and I just visited the G4TW new website and grabbed the BRAND NEW store fixes... just ran Dashboard for shiggles and... lo and behold, all new store fixes from G4TW are showing CONFLICT. Hmmmmm????
Hi there,

REMOVE the old applied files completely, as stated on the download page.
After that re-download and apply the new version. Remove EVERYTHING from the old version first!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 04:51

I followed your instructions and found a file that has been used over 20,000 times. The last extensions are "\FullBuild0.package". Should I be worried about it? As you said, don't mind deltabuild or cache files. Wondering what I should do about it.
Thank you,
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sun 15 Sep 2013, 05:14

Dont worry about that package file, its actually a major access file for the default/basic items for the game. The more items you have in your world the more often this file is accessed.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 05:44

Oh ok, and thank you Draco.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top