Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection FOR FREE NOW!! [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection FOR FREE NOW!! [CLOSED] Empty Get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection FOR FREE NOW!! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 02:24

So now that EA isn't going to be offering support of the sims 2 anymore they are giving the collection away for free!!

All you need to do is create an Origin account, download the client and then on the client's toolbar click Origins and then redeem product code and enter

I-LOVE-THE-SIMS  I would just copy and paste that into the product code bar. Then thats it! You have the whole collection of the sims 2.

I didn't know where to post this so i'm posting it in here. Also you want to make sure you get it soon as this offer expires the 31st of July.

Hammertime  Hammertime  Hammertime  Hammertime 

Back to top Go down

Get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection FOR FREE NOW!! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection FOR FREE NOW!! [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Jul 2014, 02:40

Arradya wrote:So now that EA isn't going to be offering support of the sims 2 anymore they are giving the collection away for free!!

All you need to do is create an Origin account, download the client and then on the client's toolbar click Origins and then redeem product code and enter

I-LOVE-THE-SIMS  I would just copy and paste that into the product code bar. Then thats it! You have the whole collection of the sims 2.

I didn't know where to post this so i'm posting it in here. Also you want to make sure you get it soon as this offer expires the 31st of July.

Hammertime  Hammertime  Hammertime  Hammertime 

Hello,

At first, I thought this is some sort of joke by EA, but it seems to be REALLY the case - the original post is here:  

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/

And the same here and here too. Unfortunately, I already have The Sims 2 and all expansions/stuffpacks on my main machine installed, but I may try this on another computer. I made this topic into a "temporary" Global Announcement. Very Happy

Thank you VERY much Arradya, for bringing this to our attention ! Smile  Many simmers (who haven't played TS2 yet) will definitely love that !  

//EDIT

It seems though that - unfortunately - this offer is only working on Windows OS, and not on Macs....
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection FOR FREE NOW!! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection FOR FREE NOW!! [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Thu 24 Jul 2014, 13:39

Hi there,

Thank you indeed, it's working great!
I thought they said they were only going to give out the Complete Collection for free to people who already owned a The Sims 2 game in the past. This is even better, lol.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 13:46

You all are very welcome. In a article I read that it would be impossible to tell who was telling the truth about the product codes so I think they just said what the heck lets give it to everyone. lol

But I do know those who got it off origin got to get the collection about a week ago, so they got to play it first lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jul 2014, 01:28

If I go to the link and redeem the code, does the game become permanently available for download from my Origin account, like it would if I bought it? Or, do I have to actually download the game by July 31st? I'd rather not use it right now.

Also, is there a way to download Origin codes without the Origin software installed? Origin is a hassle and it takes a lot of memory to use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jul 2014, 03:17

I know its put in your game library, but other than that I do not know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jul 2014, 15:42

Thank you again for this link. I just picked up my version of The Sims 2. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Jul 2014, 20:01

TurtleShroom wrote:If I go to the link and redeem the code, does the game become permanently available for download from my Origin account, like it would if I bought it? Or, do I have to actually download the game by July 31st? I'd rather not use it right now.

Also, is there a way to download Origin codes without the Origin software installed? Origin is a hassle and it takes a lot of memory to use.

While I don't know (yet) how Origin works, I can only make an assumption: I know that in Steam you can re-deem a code, and basically download the actual files whenever you want. I'd now say that this is "common standard", in these game clients, but again, maybe someone else has better knowledge of that.

And no, most likely you cannot have the game without Origin. If it was possible to start the game without being logged into Origin, there would "perhaps" be the possibility to edit a number of registry entries and some other tweaking...but I'm not going into details now about that. Unless someone can confirm that you can play that game "offline".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jul 2014, 20:30

I downloaded from origin the 'ultimate sims 2 collection'.
just want to inform that this collection doesn't include all the expansions and stuff.
it includes 10 expansions, while the collection I downloaded earlier, from another source, have  20 expansions, part of them are things called 'stuff' .

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 Jul 2014, 23:13

Carlos wrote:
TurtleShroom wrote:If I go to the link and redeem the code, does the game become permanently available for download from my Origin account, like it would if I bought it? Or, do I have to actually download the game by July 31st? I'd rather not use it right now.

While I don't know (yet) how Origin works, I can only make an assumption: I know that in Steam you can re-deem a code, and basically download the actual files whenever you want. I'd now say that this is "common standard", in these game clients, but again, maybe someone else has better knowledge of that.

And no, most likely you cannot have the game without Origin. If it was possible to start the game without being logged into Origin, there would "perhaps" be the possibility to edit a number of registry entries and some other tweaking...but I'm not going into details now about that. Unless someone can confirm that you can play that game "offline".
Hi there,

Yes, it's just like Steam: games get linked to your account permanently.
You can remove and reinstall the game whenever you like. Or even log in to your account on another PC and then install (and play) it via that same Origin account.
But you need to be logged in to Origin in order to be able to play the game. Or you'd have to use a crack for the game, but I haven't looked into a possible crack for this version of the game.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jul 2014, 23:36

I am curious what all entitles to the sims2 ultimate collection.........I already have all the dvd's the expansion packs and the stuff packs so what is different from the sims2 ultimate collection that is not already with what I do own

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 00:43

I can add to the above that , at list for me, it also caused some problems.
I have downloaded this collection and it worked.
then I used ccleaner, as a usual act, to clean registry issues, which was a lot refer to this collection.
after I cleaned them the game couldn't run and I got an error massage that some extensions etc. are missing.
maybe it was my mistake to clean it , but It shouldn't be like that , so maybe it is kind of a bug.
since my daughter want it I removed it and  trying now to download it again.
I'll be glad to know if anybody had the same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Jul 2014, 00:57

rockin wrote:
then I used ccleaner, as a usual act, to clean registry issues, which was a lot refer to this collection. (...)

And that's most likely the mistake you made: if you see that the entries are connected to a game, you shouldn't delete those entries. Yes, I'm afraid you#ll have to start over, by re-downloading everything.

@clovrboy: I assume that this "Ultimate Collection" contains all Sims 2 expansions and stuffpacks released ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 01:15

So then I really do not need to install my games just this one to where it has everything, I downloaded it on my laptop which is windows 8 it does work on 8 but you may have to reboot it after finished.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 10:37

Carlos wrote:
rockin wrote:
then I used ccleaner, as a usual act, to clean registry issues, which was a lot refer to this collection. (...)

And that's most likely the mistake you made: if you see that the entries are connected to a game, you shouldn't delete those entries. Yes, I'm afraid you#ll have to start over, by re-downloading everything.

@clovrboy: I assume that this "Ultimate Collection" contains all Sims 2 expansions and stuffpacks released ? 

I redownloaded and now it works but why those extensions appears like registry issues ?
it never happened after installing the sims 2 or 3 using the method suggested here on games4the world.

found a place on ccleaner you can exclude specific  folders/files as a default and marked the 'ultimate collection' as one to exclude , but when I run the registry issues check it still give it as an issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Jul 2014, 18:35

rockin wrote:
Carlos wrote:
rockin wrote:

I redownloaded and now it works but why those extensions appears like registry issues ?
it never happened after installing the sims 2 or 3 using the method suggested here on games4the world.

found a place on ccleaner you can exclude specific  folders/files as a default and marked the 'ultimate collection' as one to exclude , but when I run the registry issues check it still give it as an issue.
Hello there,

Can you please post a screenshot of those errors?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 20:21

as i said I already redownloded and now it works., but I kept the error massage the problem is that when I try to upload here it gives me a notice " exceeded space eve that the size is less then 1 mb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 20:49

I have used Origin for years now. I always make a point to at least pay for the base game on stuff. 

You put in the code, it  adds it to the library. You can download anytime you want. I am downloading it right now. Most origin games you do not have to be online to play. I tend to turn off the internet when I play the sims 3 because my games plays faster that way. 

I have not tried the Sims 2 from this download yet, but I would assume it is the same thing. I do know some of the origin games you have to be logged in and online to play. 

I can't wait, I have not played the Sims 2 in years!

//EDIT

So I just logged on to the game. I turned off my internet before I did, and it said I had to verify that it was a legal copy online so I got online and it verified. After that, I closed everything out, and turned off the internet again. It loaded just fine off line.

I think it only has to be online that very first time and literally less then a moment. I think it is all of the EPs but not the stuff packs. I am not sure yet, but hey free and legal (not that I mind illegal)

Good luck guys and happy Simming!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 07:05

Would it be possible to get the missing Stuff Packs and Store content to be posted here so we can actually get a complete version of the game?

Edit: I found the Store Content posted on here...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Jul 2014, 07:39

rockin wrote:

That's a good question; but I can't really tell you much about registry tools that automatically "exclude" certain items. Yes, there may be tools like that, but in the end, I strongly recommend you actually look at the list of results, and then you UNMARK the important entries before clicking on "delete"...

And forget about these "registry errors" for now....are you able to properly run "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" ?

AmandaMae wrote:I have used Origin for years now. I always make a point to at least pay for the base game on stuff. 

You put in the code, it  adds it to the library. You can download anytime you want. I am downloading it right now. Most origin games you do not have to be online to play. I tend to turn off the internet when I play the sims 3 because my games plays faster that way. 

I have not tried the Sims 2 from this download yet, but I would assume it is the same thing. I do know some of the origin games you have to be logged in and online to play. 

I can't wait, I have not played the Sims 2 in years!

//EDIT

So I just logged on to the game. I turned off my internet before I did, and it said I had to verify that it was a legal copy online so I got online and it verified. After that, I closed everything out, and turned off the internet again. It loaded just fine off line.

I think it only has to be online that very first time and literally less then a moment. I think it is all of the EPs but not the stuff packs. I am not sure yet, but hey free and legal (not that I mind illegal)

Good luck guys and happy Simming!!!

Thank you for the feedback ! Very Happy 

yokiao wrote:Would it be possible to get the missing Stuff Packs and Store content to be posted here so we can actually get a complete version of the game?

What do you believe is missing from your game ? According to EA, this "Ultimate Collection" contains every Sims 2 expansion and stuff pack. See this here:

http://help.ea.com/ca/article/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-faq/

EA wrote:The Ultimate Collection includes The Sims 2, as well as every single The Sims 2 expansion pack and stuff pack. 

I don't know if that's possible in Origin, but that may be a "download glitch" ? In that case, I'm unsure; you could try right-clicking on the game in your Origin library, and then choose "repair download". But maybe someone else has better knowledge on Origin than I do...

While I'm at it - and for everyone else ! - if you cannot seem to find/access the "bodyshop", in my game it's under...

C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin\TS2BodyShop.exe

Just make a shortcut to the desktop from that TS2BodyShop.exe, and you're good to go.

//EDIT

I forgot to add, yes, G4TW will most likely re-release a Sims 2 version with all the expansions/stuffpacks, but I can't tell when that will be. Also, the Sims 2 store items are here:

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts2/ts2storeitems.html

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2014, 14:17

Hi,
I've installed the collection via Origin, but when I tried to open the game, it says that I don't have enough disk space, even though I have like hundreds of gigabytes of disk space.
And because of that error, when I click yes to open the game, there's no neighborhood, no terrains etc.
How can I solve this problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2014, 15:06

I know on origin you have to right click the game and check it for updates. I had to do that again last night. They have added a few patches since giving it away because of a few glitches

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Jul 2014, 21:39

OK, since the deadline seems to have passed now for the code to be re-deemed, I will "un-sticky" this thread now. I hope that as many of you as possible re-deemed the code. Wink 

Have fun with the game ! This topic is closed. Very Happy 

The Sims Plumbob 1 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top