Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED]

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED] Empty Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Thu 28 Aug 2014, 04:47

I've now closed this topic; recruiting is CLOSED. Thank you all for your interest in joining the Games4theworld team! If you've already posted in this topic, provided a good motivation but have not been chosen, you probably didn't post enough yet. Please contribute for about a week or so and then contact me or Lady ElDi, so we can evaluate your work. Without a proper evaluation, we can not add you to the team! (Contribution means helping around on the Forum a little bit, so we can see how you handle things)

Thank you again!

Hello YOU,

That's right, Games4theworld is recruiting again! Last time we actively started recruiting, was a few years ago.
The release of The Sims 4 is just around the corner, so we're preparing for an extra load on our Forum by that time.

A Forum really needs a team to keep it running correctly.
If you decide to strengthen our team, keep in mind that this brings responsibilities.
Some of our requirements:

- We're looking for people who can be online often. You must be able to visit the Forum on a regular basis (not every day per se) and actually be helpful. (In order to avoid rank abuse) For example, if you are helping a user in a topic and you don't login for a week, that user is left alone, and we want to avoid that;
- We're looking for ambitious people, who are willing to help others. This is an important requirement, because it helps create a good spirit within the team, hence the users will get good vibes;
- You need to be respectful to everyone, even if they aren't nice to you. This is not always easy, and if a user is particularly troublesome, the Moderators or Administrators will step in and help you. But to appear professional and competent, we need to keep calm in all situations;
- We prefer people with in-game The Sims (3) experience. It is always better to help someone when you know what they are talking about. And since the problems we have are very different from one another, if you play regularly you most probably have encountered the same problems and know a possible solution;
- We prefer people who have knowledge about torrenting, downloading, cracking (Not making cracks, but applying them) and that kind of stuff. Knowledge can always be gained by learning from others;
- You must be able to analyse situations and think ahead;
- We're looking for people who actually enjoy helping others. Helping people everyday or so can become monotonous if you do not take it at heart, so we need candidates with a strong will to help;
- You must be willing to learn from others, and learn from mistakes. That way, you can learn solutions to problems you might not know about, and help users better. (And you'll increase your own knowledge)

You can work your way up internally, starting as a Helper.
Via Games4theworld you'll be making a lot of new friends, and you'll find that it's fun to help other people. You may also learn new skills and learn something about hardware/software/games.

In order to be eligible to join, please write a motivation in this topic. We may (or may not) contact you, at any time, to evaluate you further, before adding you to the team. You should explain your vision of the Helper post, and why you think your profile matches the responsibilities, and you may also write us what you expect from a Helper position on the Games4theworld Forum.

You'll be contacted via the Private Messaging system, if we think you've got what it takes.

Do you have what it takes?!

"I want to apply for this, because I like helping." is NOT a motivation! (And we'll not consider these people - Tip: be as extensive as possible and read the above text carefully)

Last edited by Admin on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 20:19; edited 5 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 05:14

Is this a paid position or basically just volunteer work? Smile

Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Thu 28 Aug 2014, 05:21

Eruanne wrote:Is this a paid position or basically just volunteer work? Smile
Hi there,

Good question. Since we're fully non-profit, it's basically volunteer work indeed. (We have no income to be able to pay salary)
The ones that are getting paid (EA), are not very helpful.
Hence we're looking for ambitious and dedicated people who love to do something back for other people.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 05:40

Oh, man. This is amazing!

Well, I would like to apply for it. I've always liked this forum, and if I can help to make it better I won't even doubt about it. I can say I check it regularly, especially the Support forums (where there is more activity), and read the posts to maybe learn a thing or two. I have a lot of experience with torrenting and applying cracks, and I have helped some people with troubleshooting when they have problems installing some of the games from this site. After all, I downloaded most of TS3 EPs and SPs from here and had to fix some problems that arose when I installed them.

I have recommended this website when I'm asked where I got some of my games from, so if it needs help I'd like to be part of it! Helping others is always good, and I have a lot of in-game experience with The Sims 3, so I most likely can help someone if they're having problems. If not, then I can learn something new. And if I can contribute with some of the knowledge I have from IT to this site, all the better.

I can say I'm really patient, and I'm definitely not going to lose my mind when trying to help someone, especially if I can learn something from the particular problem that they have. And it's always good when someone with a solution appears and teaches it to everyone!

Anyway, I hope you think I have what it takes! Very Happy

Last edited by SeoY on Thu 28 Aug 2014, 15:21; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add more info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 05:48

Well, I meet all the requirements, and this does seem interesting, so I'd like to apply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 05:56

I have experience with applying cracks (Most of my games are pirated, whoopsie daisy) admining/modding forums, torrenting, and I have fantastic google-fu. XD I am online every day, typically for several *hours* a day, am very patient and gain a great deal of satisfaction from knowing something I have said/done has made someone else's day better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 06:16

Even though I am young, only in high school, I'm definitely going into the field of Cyber Security, which is basically "hacking". The real question is when am I not online. I never really volunteered to help answer questions because my rank on the site is basically a newbie, but I've been playing the Sims for quite some years now, and my experience with the sims 3, is quite ace.
I have plenty knowledge of torrenting, I can proudly say that I haven't paid for one EA game on my computer, thanks to you guys of course. Whenever I log onto TPB, I always search for Games4TheWorld because I know it's safe, fast, and efficient. I recommend this site to all of my hacking buddies because it's really easy.
I enjoy helping people, and I can take constructive criticism well, I know how to control my temper, and when to hold my tongue, which is key on most forums on any site. However, I would love to be selected to contribute to the forums, I believe I have what it takes, thank you!
-Kaila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 28 Aug 2014, 06:21

Ooo~ so many interesting people.  Smile

The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 06:26

I would love to be part of the team Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 06:27

How does one apply? I have a lot of experience in applying cracks and troubleshooting for myself and others.

Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED] Empty Would like to help: I'm a Tech volunteer at Microsoft

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 07:18

Hi!

I recreated my account because I got a new email, please don't let my "points" or "messages or post number" fool you.

I love play the sims 3, I have all Ep installed, and I owe both Windows and Mac.
I have the experience Hammertime (I'm a Tech volunteer at Microsoft, and a senior advisor) , I love Help ing others.

What he said.

Do you think I got what it takes? Very Happy
---
The Sims 3 plumbob Forever!  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 07:42

Hi, I'd love to join the team on this. I am an avid Simmer ever since The Sims. I have a fair amount of knowledge in cracking games. I torrent EVERYTHING  Twisted Evil. I am a Window user. 
I want to help Games4theWorld because you've changed my life with Sims 3 as well as some other games. The moderators are all kind to one another, even though I had some persistent question, the Admin did not just let me die on my own with the issue. I feel like I want to give back to Games4theWorld for that.

I am also a designer, so I could help out with any graphic design that's needed.  Razz Maybe you'd recruit me, maybe you won't. Ultimately, I'm grateful for this community! rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 09:12

To be honest i wasn't sure how to start this. Im really interested to apply for it , because i love helping people in need , and especial when it comes to Sims since there exist a lot of people out there who use to have a lot of problems with it.  I have to admit all my knowledge on it comes from all of you and i am proud about it cuz you all have teach me so much and you have always been there for me when i had problems , and all was so kind . So i want to be part of it and if possible learn much much more!, because so far lets be honest i have never been looking a spacific site so regular . I am good with internet, downloading and apply cracks .Also i have net access all the time from school and work (unfortunatly not in my sleep Yet... lol! ). Also playing Sims since '99 when the first came out.

I personally not expecting anything from been a Helper, Helpers are meant to be there to assist even when you get nothing in return. Seen people happy about my help would make more than just happy. Because i love Sims and was my first game i ever install when i bough my first computer and even though i have been frustrated with it so many times , i still want to play !!

So at any case Happy Siming
-Ayra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:53

Thank you everyone, for your replies!

Montosaurous wrote:Well, I meet all the requirements, and this does seem interesting, so I'd like to apply.

tika Mixemup wrote:I would love to be part of the team Very Happy
Where are your motivations?!!!

engelke2013 wrote:How does one apply? I have a lot of experience in applying cracks and troubleshooting for myself and others.
Here:

Admin wrote:
In order to be eligible to join, please write a motivation in this topic. We may (or may not) contact you, at any time, to evaluate you further, before adding you to the team. You should explain your vision of the Helper post, and why you think your profile matches the responsibilities, and you may also write us what you expect from a Helper position on the Games4theworld Forum.

You'll be contacted via the Private Messaging system, if we think you've got what it takes.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:12

Hello there! For a long time I wanted to be in staff, but now when you are looking for new members, I can not apply for some reasons. Crying or Very sad
I think I will wait a few years until you recruit again (or I hope you will Smile)
I remember the day I posted a video for your Ultimate Fix Automatic Tool, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypaa1H1zoSM&list=UUFgBo4-6im-bbtoNaxZ0AyA, the video was attached on your official post https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t12660-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-automatic-tool?highlight=ultimate+fix+automatic+tool . It was the best day of my life,cuz I felt so appreciate! It was amayzing.. I just want to say good luck on finding the best candidates for your "Helper" title and,with them,I wish you luck in creating a bigger and stronger community,because you deserve it! Every single EXP pack,every single store item and store fix and ultimate fix and.. everything I have on my Sims 3 I have from you and I want to thank you for this. (
I do not know how I got to write a poem ) anyway,good luck and see you there Very Happy I will try next time, because I think there will be a "next time".

I almost forgot. For the new members wishing to join the staff. I wish them good luck and make the community to be proud of you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:47

Yeah I would really love to Volunteer i have a lot of knowledge about The Sims 3 as i have played the franchise also i know how to download Torrents, Crack Games well generally help people i have gave advice to my friends where to get the free games from and how to crack them and i direct them to you guys... I am free at some point every day so i dont mind checking the Forums and see if there are anyone who has trouble setting up a game i am willing to help! Also i am willing to help others too the full advantage so of course i have what it takes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 12:50

Oh, this is so encouraging. Let me start off by saying I haven't needed much help on the forum (hence my posts, please ignore that) but im always lurking. 

Really though, when am I not on a computer? When classes go back, I have 6-7 hours a day to be online. Im always trying out new software, doing cracks (let's just say I qualify) .. Almost everything i download comes from torrents! I've also been playing the Sims 3 since it came out and other Sims games for approximately 10 years. (and ill be getting the Sims 4 next week!) 

I love helping people, mainly because I have encountered lots of problems with software/games along the way and im more aware of the technical problems that can arise. Im so determined that if I can't figure out how to work something, I'll sit there for hours until I do... and sometimes thats not a good thing! Haha. 

I see being a Helper on the forum as a happy , ambitious and caring person. Especially for new members that have problems they cannot figure out and are almost at their wits ends. I would love to help them because I know what its like to want to rip your hair out over a game. 

I've also downloaded all of my Sims 3 games from this website. I recommend it to anyone not wanting to pay money to get them.

My field of study also involves web design and computer software. Lol, that is all! I hope i'm considered. 

Good luck to everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 13:00

I haven't posted on this forum since the issues I have had to correct with the Sims 3 have been ones that were possible to address with threads that had since been closed, but I'm very interested in this position and would love to give it a shot!

I've got pretty extensive experience with cracking and torrenting games but I tend to take a DIY approach before checking the official tutorials and it's worked out both good and bad, so I have experience both with the help provided here and elsewhere and also with a fairly wide range of results you get just from screwing around.  I feel as though this could potentially be useful when it comes to members troubleshooting since I may have personal experience with some odd results you can get if you haven't read the information beforehand.  

I also love helping people to a degree where I can honestly say I'm passionate about it and I derive immense personal satisfaction from being able to resolve issues that have been troubling people as well as a strong belief in kind and polite behavior.  I'm easygoing and difficult to rattle and understand how absurdly stressful game difficulties can be, especially when you've been struggling with a problem for a while.

I have plenty of time to participate in the forum both at this task and in interacting with the community and would really enjoy it both as a way to help people and as a constructive hobby that would benefit me as well.  The degree of time I have also enables me to study new developments and information that might further allow me to help people.

All that aside, for how dry my post is I also really love to joke around and have conversations with all sorts of people so I think helping out would be fun as well Smile  Thanks for reading!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 13:11

This is great. Let me start of by saying I'm relatively new to this forum but I've been an avid Sims player since the first game. I'm also a seasoned torrent-downloading, crack-applying person since I've learnt to use the internet. I'm studying web technologies so by applying for this position I hope that I'll be able to put my skills to use and debug most bugs that The sims and other games has. I've been on Sims since 2004 when I was 7, so now I'm seventeen. I've gone through Sims 1, 2 and 3, now going on to sims 4. I really want to help all these people with difficulties trying to run the game and debug it because I understand how painful it is when you spent hours downloading, installing and cracking only to realise that the game won't run properly. So, I really hope to get this position!

Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED] Empty i would like to become a volunteer

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 13:11

i would like to become a volunteer, i have played all the sims from 1 - 3, had all the expansion packs, had my share of troubles, glitches and errors and got round them
i am on the internet alot and have used this site alot so i know about installing torrent installs and getting through them and if i have to installation things that break the torrent or making it so the pc thinks its real and not torrent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 14:06

Hello,

Sure I would like to become a helper. First of all I have been playing this game since 2000 like most of the people do. I have a lot of experience over the years in torrenting, applying cracks and changing files if needed to. I have been active on a lot of other sim-related forums so I hope I can finally mean something for the community. I speak Dutch as well by the way. 

Best of luck everyone!

Coen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 15:22

I love the sims. I have played since the first one (Sim city) and have loved every minute of it. All of my free time goes to playing the sims 3. My children and I have bonded over making sims together. 

Through the years I have run into all kinds of issues and learned how to fix them. I am familiar with torrents, ISOs, cracks and various fixes. I have lots of time to be online and lots of customer service experience. I don't tend to help on here much, because the admins are good at what they do. All of my friends come to me for help. If I don't already know how to fix it, I can usually find it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 15:35

Hello there!
I am proposing my help because I do it in my everyday job. I'm an IT Technician, and I have been one for 10 years now. I've been playing the Sims since the first game, and I have a great knowledge of the games. I also know a lot about cracks. I am a programmer / packager, so I'm sure I could be helpful. I also have a lot of free time currently, and I am available to help. I'm in a field where customer service is the most important thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 16:15

A small question, when would you start to read this topic to find the ones that you are going to contact?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 28 Aug 2014, 16:24

SeoY wrote:A small question, when would you start to read this topic to find the ones that you are going to contact?

Hi,

We're all reading it.  Wink  Just hang tight, my friend.

The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top