Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new here and want to make sure i have done everything properly.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

new here and want to make sure i have done everything properly. Empty new here and want to make sure i have done everything properly.

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 13:17

So I own the base game the physical copy so I downloaded it because I miss playing. Although the base game just doesnt have enough to keep me busy so i was on a hunt to find a way to get all the EP and SP without paying for them because well quite frankly I cant afford all that. 

So I ran across this site and was in hog heaven. So I first off started by installing University because reading the guide on how to correctly install sims 3 university was in the list of EP that you must install first in order to get everything to run right. So i installed it applied the fix and it works great so as we speak I am download all the rest of the EP and SP because I want them all!!!

My question is I noticed when first entering the game I was only able to select one town the rest cost sim points? Do the other towns unlock once I install the rest of the EP and SP??

I notice alot of clothing and furniture costs sim points as well, Am I able to get all that stuff from the EP and SP or will I not get to obtain all that extra stuff?

Also it keeps asking me to log in when I am in the game and I keep clicking continue without logging in? is that ok to do or do I need to login?

I also downloaded the store updates I was wondering how you apply those and what those are exactly?

Sorry I am new to all of this so want to make sure I am doing stuff correctly and make sure that I got everything I can get from all of this to enjoy lots of goodies and fun stuff.

So if anyone would be so kind as to answer my questions it would be much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

new here and want to make sure i have done everything properly. Empty Re: new here and want to make sure i have done everything properly.

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 13:35

Hello there and Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Regarding your questions:
When you install all of the EPs you will notice that you have a much larger amount of Towns to choose from. But those aren't the ones that you can buy for Sim Points right now. Those are part of the TS3 Store. But you can still download them and get them if you wish Smile
You can find them here:
http://games4theworlddownloads.org

In this page you can find all the towns that cost Sim Points, and a lot of the clothing and furniture you can see right now. Just search in the "The Sims 3" tab and you can find most of them. 

No, you don't need to login of you don't want to. That's just for some social aspects like posting Memories on Facebook and connecting to other people. You can decide if you want those Wink

The store updates are some of the furniture, clothing and worlds I talked about a little earlier. You can install them using the guide you can find in the same page I gave you a little earlier. Keep in mind that some of them need the store fixes to work properly, and you can find them there too.

If you have any more questions, don't doubt go ask them here! Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

new here and want to make sure i have done everything properly. Empty Re: new here and want to make sure i have done everything properly.

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 14:25

do i have to download all the store fixes from 2009 to 2014 or is there just one general one i can download

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 14:46

bradster91 wrote:do i have to download all the store fixes from 2009 to 2014 or is there just one general one i can download

The store fixes are a single .rar, that you can find here:
http://games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html 
There are instructions included to install them. Be sure to read those!  Smile

The store updates, on the other hand, are downlodable clothing and furniture items. You can get only the ones you want, you don't have to download all of them Wink

The ones that are in need of the store fixes say so in the bottom of the page, when you click "More...". Make sure to check it out. 

Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 14:51

oh ok thanks for clarifying

//EDIT

i dont even have a mods folder to put these store fixes in lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 14:59

bradster91 wrote:oh ok thanks for clarifying

bradster91 wrote:i dont even have a mods folder to put these store fixes in lol

One recommendation: please don't double post. You can edit the first of these posts to add more information by clicking "Edit" at the top of it. Sorry, it's the Forum rules Wink

Regarding the mods folder, that's no problem! Please check out the guide "How to install .package files" that you can find here:
http://games4theworlddownloads.org/guides.html

In the guide you will find a link to download the 'Framework', with instructions on where to put it. This will be your mods folder. 

Be sure to come back if you have any more questions! Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 15:25

My apologies for the double post, I really do appreciate your help. Ill be sure to post again if I run into any issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 15:53

bradster91 wrote:My apologies for the double post, I really do appreciate your help. Ill be sure to post again if I run into any issues.

Don't worry about it!

This topic will be open for a while for you to post if you have any more questions. We'll be here anytime Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 07:14

ok so i spent all night and got all the EP and SP installed and working properly however the only EP i cant get to work is my world adventures it says that my sims 3 has a different regional install code than my world adventures any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Fri 05 Sep 2014, 11:06

Hello,

I think this is a SKU value problem. G4TW SKU are generally 1 or 2 whereas yours could be up to 7. Usually the Ultimate Fix should forget the need to look at region codes. Please try again https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If this doesn't work, you may need to edit your Registry SKU values.
Newer EPs don't have the region problem.

Start Menu, Search for: regedit , it should look like a cube breaking into smaller cubes. Open it and you will need to drop down the arrow for Computer, then HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE
If you have 64bit computer then the files will be under WOW6432NODE
Then look for SIMS, not Electronic Arts or EA.

Click on The Sims 3, a list on the right screen should appear, look for SKU.
Now go to World Adventures and look at its SKU. Check a few others they should have SKU values of 1 or 2.

If your Sims 3 SKU is different than 1 or 2 then you may want to change it. Your World Adventures should be 1 or 2 so thats not a problem, if its not change it to 1 or 2.
2 is the International code but most of Games4theWorld are USA value 1. 
Mine is base game bought and its SKU 7 and World Adventures is SKU 2 (g4tw).

Thanks,
Like a Star @ heaven  Layloria

Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 18:06

ok that worked I had to indeed change my SKU on the world adventures it was set to 7, so i changed my sims sku to 7 to get world adventures to install then I went ahead and changed them both back to 1 and now i have everthing installed!! I appreciate everyones help you may now close this thread if need be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Fri 05 Sep 2014, 21:30

Hello,

Great news you got it working!
Before closing the thread, do you have any other questions?

Thanks,
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top