Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Generations Sims 3 patches!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pre-Generations Sims 3 patches! Empty Pre-Generations Sims 3 patches!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Feb 2015, 16:37

Hello all,

In the following I am going to post links to patches for the early expansions of TS3. 

Prior to the introduction of the "manual superpatch" in TS3 (before the release of the "Generations" expansion), separate incremental patches for each expansion/stuffpack were the standard. And as the manual superpatch for Sims 3 does not include updates for these earlier pre-Generations expansions of Sims 3 (World Adventures, High-end loft stuff, Ambitions, Fast-lane stuff, Late night, Outdoor living stuff), you will need to obtain these patches in a different way. 

When you open the launcher of Sims 3 and hover with your mouse over the icons of these older expansions, most of you will probably see the following game versions:

- World Adventures 2.0.86
- High-end loft stuff 3.0.38
- Ambitions 4.0.87
- Fast-lane stuff 5.0.44
- Late night 6.0.81
- Outdoor living stuff 7.0.55

You can now download the all these patches directly from this compilation that I packed: 

-- link(s) removed --

I will now only give a brief description on how to apply these patches manually, from the download in my MEGA link. If you need specific help for this MTS patch downloader tool, refer to the instructions on MTS or (if you really cannot get the tool working) feel free to open a new thread in our The Sims 3 Downloads Support (PC) section.

When you download the file from my link, you'll get a .RAR file, which you need to extract with the program WinRAR, available here. Extract the contents to the desktop if you want, or any other folder. After the extraction, go to each sub-folder and simply double-click on each patch file, following the instructions. In some folders, there is more than 1 patch though, so here are some special notes:

- in the "World Adventures"-folder, apply at first the 2.14 patch, and THEN the 2.17 one !

- in "Ambitions", use the 4.7.4 update, and next the 4.10.1

- and in "Late night", apply at first 6.1.11, second 6.2.4 and finally 6.5.1

And that should do. Note that in order to basically play the game, you do NOT necessarily need those patches ! These patches are an optional offer, and can help fix some in-game bugs related to these expansions/stuffpacks. In fact, these small patches that I uploaded are totally independent from the stuff that is described in the "must-read" guide. Good luck to all of you. Smile  

Extra notes:

- These patches are intended for use in Windows OS, and NOT for Mac OS.

- You MUST follow the must-read guide on TS3, in any way, to get the game basically working ! I myself did the steps from the guide at first, and afterwards applied these extra patches. You may do it "the other way round" though. 

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 3 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 3 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE SECTION WITH THE SAME NAME.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 27 Jan 2021, 09:49; edited 8 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Pre-Generations Sims 3 patches! Empty Re: Pre-Generations Sims 3 patches!

Post by Sim Architect Sun 22 Mar 2015, 15:09

Thanks a lot! I will install my game now and I will make a video showing all the steps, including what you teach us here!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down