Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Error during startup. More information is in the log"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Error during startup. More information is in the log" Empty "Error during startup. More information is in the log"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 18:37

I have a curious problem.

I downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection to my Win7 PC yesterday. As instructed by the installation guide I 1) installed the base game first, 2) then ran the 1.67-update, 3)before I started to install all of the expansions and stuff-packs. Only when I had installed all of them did I drag and drop the .exe and .dll from the #Crack-folder to my Game/Bin. 
Still, as I try to start the game, I get the message "Error during startup. More information is in the log" (or rather the swedish version of it) as soon as the launching menu turns up. 

I saw the advice shown in the Youtube video about how to "clean up keys" in regedit. The problem is the games have never been installed on this computer before, and all "keys" that is shown is of expansions I only just installed and actually want there.

I suspect my problem has something to do with me installing all of the games in my D-drive, as it outsize the C-drive by far. There's no way I've got any room for all of the Sims3-games in the C-drive, where the game directs me by default - and I can't imagine why I should have to. O_o

Please help!

Back to top Go down

"Error during startup. More information is in the log" Empty Re: "Error during startup. More information is in the log"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Mar 2015, 00:53

Cellitha wrote:I have a curious problem.

I downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection to my Win7 PC yesterday. As instructed by the installation guide I 1) installed the base game first, 2) then ran the 1.67-update, 3)before I started to install all of the expansions and stuff-packs. Only when I had installed all of them did I drag and drop the .exe and .dll from the #Crack-folder to my Game/Bin. 
Still, as I try to start the game, I get the message "Error during startup. More information is in the log" (or rather the swedish version of it) as soon as the launching menu turns up. 

I saw the advice shown in the Youtube video about how to "clean up keys" in regedit. The problem is the games have never been installed on this computer before, and all "keys" that is shown is of expansions I only just installed and actually want there.

I suspect my problem has something to do with me installing all of the games in my D-drive, as it outsize the C-drive by far. There's no way I've got any room for all of the Sims3-games in the C-drive, where the game directs me by default - and I can't imagine why I should have to. O_o

Please help!

Hello again,

That looks similar to the issue the other user had on here earlier. Look at the install location in your D: drive, Is there a folder named "The Sims 3 Base Game" ? 

If so, that's an interesting glitch, and in the end, you may need to un-install everything and then try and free up space on your C: drive. But let's see.

Did you use the program WinRAR for extracting ? Also, try re-downloading the manual patch from step # 2 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And use this newly downlaoded patch instead. After which you use again the included Ultimate fix (from the Complete Collection). See if that gets your game running. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"Error during startup. More information is in the log" Empty Re: "Error during startup. More information is in the log"

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2015, 14:36

I guess you're faceing the same problem as I'm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2015, 01:23

After two hours of teamviewer-help (from a friend), I finally gave up. Uninstalled everything, erased keys, cleaned out my C-drive, redownloaded och reinstalled it all - but in C-drive. Everything works perfectly.

I'll play with my C-drive filled to the brim until I tire of it all and uninstall again, so it'll work for me, but would ofc want it to be in D-drive permanently. That fight is for an other day, though. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 25 Mar 2015, 22:35

You can also try to make an NTFS symbolic link, which could create a "fake folder" inside of your "C" drive pointing to another folder in another drive. The game would still look for the original folder in the "C" drive, but the operating system would be forwarding info from the other drive instead, seamlessly...

Let's know if you need further guidance on it.

Below, a video with a step=by-step guide on how to install The Sims 3 with all expansions, stuff packs and updates:

Happy simming!
Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Mar 2015, 00:53

Cellitha wrote:After two hours of teamviewer-help (from a friend), I finally gave up. Uninstalled everything, erased keys, cleaned out my C-drive, redownloaded och reinstalled it all - but in C-drive. Everything works perfectly.

I'll play with my C-drive filled to the brim until I tire of it all and uninstall again, so it'll work for me, but would ofc want it to be in D-drive permanently. That fight is for an other day, though. Thank you!

There may be something wrong, indeed. I'm sorry to hear you had to install it on your C: drive. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Do you have any other questions for now, or can I close the thread ?  

P.S. about the "symbolic link" that Sven mentioned before, I wrote a tutorial here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17437-redirecting-the-username-folder-the-sims-3-to-a-different-location

You can apply the same procedure to any folder you like basically. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 26 Mar 2015, 01:34

What he said. Thanks a lot, Carlos! I knew there was a topic but I didn't do a proper search. I'll also post the link to the topic when I post my tutorial on how to install the game (I have the link in the descriptions of my video, but I really liked the idea you got when you posted the link also).

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top