Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... Empty ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 22:00

So what, who needs it!

Here is the solution....

If your like me and thinking your download doesnt work of newest sims 4 update, dont give up just yet.

I was getting the origin is not running error which i seen many others have also had. 

The fix is easy... move your current game directory over to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and then start game. You do not need to have origin running at all. you just need your sims 4 directory in that path.

Your Welcome! Enjoy! you have waited long enough! Smile

Back to top Go down

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... Empty Re: ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 22:43

That's... very interesting.

Thanks for the tip, @Misfit203! This will be very helpful in the future.

Back to top Go down

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... Empty Re: ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 23:53

Misfit203 wrote:

So what, who needs it!

Here is the solution....

If your like me and thinking your download doesnt work of newest sims 4 update, dont give up just yet.

I was getting the origin is not running error which i seen many others have also had. 

The fix is easy... move your current game directory over to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and then start game. You do not need to have origin running at all. you just need your sims 4 directory in that path.

Your Welcome! Enjoy! you have waited long enough! Smile

I didn't fully understand what you said there earlier, so i'll make it clear for the future:
I know it's weird and pretty unexplainable, and I say that as one that works with computers alot, but for some reason the "The Sims 4" folder HAS to be directly inside "Program Files (x86)", NOT IN "Electronic Arts"!!!

BUT!- Be wise and backup the folder before installing the addon, so you'll be able to switch to G4TW's version when possible without having to reinstall everything from the base. Just copy "The Sims 4" folder into the same folder (Electronic Arts by default) and call it The Sims 4_Backup or something like that. (I called it The Sims 5  Cool) (Where's the *wink* smiley?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 00:45

@SeoY  your welcome. 
@noamm1899 i was unaware it couldnt be in an electronic arts folder. as far as i know you just put whatever folder  contains the sim 4. i could only be as vague or specific as i was based on the info i also found while researching the problem. if what your saying is accurate, i appreciate you adding that in. 

im bout to install this now on my desktop where my games are installed to d:\games. which may once again cause problems. but i wouldnt be me or know what i know without always taking the hard way.

typical me, wont take my own advice. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 01:18

Have you tried this and does it work? 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 01:47

Personally my Sims 4 folder is in F:\Games and has not caused me any issues at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Aug 2015, 02:21

OK, after battling with computer + internet problems for almost half the day, I managed to complete the download and install the stuff. Here's my take on this:

@Misfit203 is right in the sense that the original folder location (when you install G4TW's game), C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, seems to be..."not working" anymore. And you should indeed move your install folder elsewhere. However, it DOES NOT have to be C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4  Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation  

I actually did something very bold, and simply moved the install folder to my desktop. The formal location path of this is C:\Users\Carlos\Desktop\The Sims 4.

Then I went within the Game\Bin subfolders, started up the TS4.exe, and voilà ! It (still) worked for me. I'm not sure why the original location in "Electronic Arts" doesn't seem to work (for some people, including me).

But the really funny thing is, that this here is not relevant:

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... Q34m4juhn76r

Although I have the install folder on my desktop now, I left these registry entries of the "InstallDir" and "GDFBinary" unchanged (just to see what happens), and guess what ? It doesn't matter. The game still starts up.

What we can tell now, is that you do not need RELOADED's base game; you can still use G4TW's base game, but you may need to move the install folder elsewhere, if you get the error.

Last edited by Carlos on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 02:24; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 02:24

Gonna try this. Hope it'll fix the idea that my Brain says. 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Aug 2015, 02:47

I also tried changing the in-game display language. But I only edited the language code from en_US into one of the other languages, and left the install location still in Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts.

And the new language showed up with no problems. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 06:30

Carlos wrote:I also tried changing the in-game display language. But I only edited the language code from en_US into one of the other languages, and left the install location still in Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts.

And the new language showed up with no problems. Very Happy

Carlos, Do you have the spa day?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 06:31

Spa Day is working perfectly fine for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 06:33

Topken wrote:Spa Day is working perfectly fine for me.

Because you have all the packs that you got from reloaded and not g4tw!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Aug 2015, 06:37

Keyenpeydee wrote:

Haven't really played that much yet, but since the title of RELOADED's release says "Spa Day pack (+ Bonus)" I guess it has everything from TS4. Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 06:39

Carlos wrote:
Keyenpeydee wrote:

Haven't really played that much yet, but since the title of RELOADED's release says "Spa Day pack (+ Bonus)" I guess it has everything from TS4. Very Happy 
Good job!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 14:53

I've installed the reloaded spa day addon onto the g4tw sims. It works, the only thing I've noticed is in buy mode when I was fixing up my sim's house a few things like the counter and other kitchen stuff wasn't acting right. For example, i was able to put counters inside the oven. Haven't checked to see if any other objects aside from kitchen is doing the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 15:27

ok well yesterday when i originally had the problem of origin is not running, i was installing sims 4 by buzar i think it was from k.a.t. when i did the install i did nothing when it came to install directory. in which case it installed to the my documents folder. the info i then later found after an hour of trying to install .net framework and direct x and vbc and looking all over for more info on what else might be wrong i eventually found a comment somewhere saying if you get the origin error, just move your installed sims 4 directory to c:\program files (x86)\  which gave me instant success. 

In my last post i mentioned that was a different pc, and that i was about to try to install on this PC to my D:\Games drive. well I can now verify and confirm that that method also worked. 

So it would be my guess that possibly even if you did a c:\games\ if you wanted it might also work. but as i said that is only a guess. 

Do avoid The windows library folders for sure. ie My Documents, Downloads, Music, Videos etc. I normally never install to those folders, but yesterday i was just feeling lazy and did the default installer directory. 

As @Carlos said, it doesnt matter where you put the folder once you install, you can drag your folder wherever you like. it may work, it may not. but if you do prefer to keep your games in one place, you can drag it there and if it works... good, if not, just drag it to a second preference or to c:\program files (x86) if all else fails.

BE WARNED: The Suggestions stated in this post I am only suggesting for the latest release made available yesterday. I do not speak for past versions or future versions of The Sims 4. because it may or may not work the same. The suggestions confirmed to work are for the Ice Cream\Spa Day\Hot Tubs\Kitchens release. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 20:39

here is another peice of info i thought i should share, posted by Fitgirl on K.A.T....

Move your Sims 4 folder outside of the Electronic Inc folder (e.g. Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4).

OR

Rename "c:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\" folder. Game start perfectly. After first successfully run, rename back. It will be good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 06:48

This is not working for me. I keep getting the pop up error, and I have moved The Sims 4 folder several times. It's very frustrating.  Why.

It also appears that Origin is opening on it's own every time I try to open TS4? Help pls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 15:12

@lowkeysimbler

Sounds like the game may be uncracked.
i think the cracks recently available should disable the call for origin to open.
I'm currently using fitgirls repack and I have also used Sim 4 by Buzar
and neither of them had opened up origin.

On the current one im running by Fitgirl, it installed the crack for me when i installed the game.
cant remember if Buzar's did, I no longer have the files.

so if you havent, check for a crack directory in your version's install files folder. 
if you have i suggest copying them again. 

if you find the crack folder, copy the contained files to The Sims 4\Game\Bin
and overwrite the files in that folder.

hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 21:06

Misfit203 wrote:@lowkeysimbler

Sounds like the game may be uncracked.
i think the cracks recently available should disable the call for origin to open.
I'm currently using fitgirls repack and I have also used Sim 4 by Buzar
and neither of them had opened up origin.

On the current one im running by Fitgirl, it installed the crack for me when i installed the game.
cant remember if Buzar's did, I no longer have the files.

so if you havent, check for a crack directory in your version's install files folder. 
if you have i suggest copying them again. 

if you find the crack folder, copy the contained files to The Sims 4\Game\Bin
and overwrite the files in that folder.

hope this helps.

I have always downloaded everything Sims 4 from G4TW. I have their base game, and their Ultimate Fix installed, and they've always worked. I downloaded the recent one, and now all of a sudden I can't play. Should I just uninstall and start over?  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 22:05

having the exact same problem. i tried moving The Sims 4 folder everywhere and it still is not working. however im not exactly sure if I installed the fix correctly. I got very confused with having to download 5 different parts, and there was no real instruction on how to extract each part. would somebody mind telling me how exactly im supposed to extract each part so that i avoid the origin pop up? thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:58

In  windows 10, Windows Defender is detecting the crack as a viruz and it modified the file.
To fix it you need to turn off real time protection, apply the ultimate fix and add the sims folder to the exclusion list of windows defender, then it should work fine. Also reactivate the real time protection.
I dont know about windows 8 but since it comes with defender it probably have the same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 00:03

@lowkeysimbler

well you can uninstall and start over, but if you rename your electronic arts directory that is located in your my documents folder, or just move it to your desktop before you uninstall and then re-install. after you finish installing you can rename it back or move it back where it belongs and no harm done. your game should be just as you left it when it worked. provided that everything such as mods or c/c if you have any are compatable with the latest version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 00:26

Misfit203 wrote:@lowkeysimbler

well you can uninstall and start over, but if you rename your electronic arts directory that is located in your my documents folder, or just move it to your desktop before you uninstall and then re-install. after you finish installing you can rename it back or move it back where it belongs and no harm done. your game should be just as you left it when it worked. provided that everything such as mods or c/c if you have any are compatable with the latest version.

Sigh, I did all of this and still getting the message. I've tried all the steps including allowing folders and disabling the security. I don't know what to do, this is all so confusing. This is where the game is installed after using G4TW latest fix.

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... Screen11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 00:30

@lowkeysimblr did you extracted the fix again after disabling the security?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top