Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW-TO: Skip EA Electronic Registration (ERGC) During Install...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HOW-TO: Skip EA Electronic Registration (ERGC) During Install... Empty HOW-TO: Skip EA Electronic Registration (ERGC) During Install...

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 07:17

This can be left here or moved to tips and tricks, or anywhere it seems appropriate.

So, as with most EA based games, the serial numbers are inputted into an EA proprietary executable before the InstallShield setup will allow you to install the game. However, all that this proprietary application does is check the serial number against it's coded key list for errors, after the check is complete, if the key is accepted, it is imported into the registry. Thus, the entire step can be skipped (for almost any EA game), but for here, I will post The Sims 3 instructions.

All of the serial numbers for EA games are stored in the registry under "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts"

So, for The Sims 3, the respective registry hive is located under:
"Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\#GameTitle#\ergc"

Where #GameTitle# is the name of the game (The Sims 3, The Sims 3 World Adventures, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff, etc etc). And "ergc" is where the serial key is stored (in plain text too, YUCK).

As mentioned, this works for nearly ALL Electronic Arts titles that require Serial Number input. My hive has keys for Mass Effect and Command & Conquer games in the same location (though I wont post those here, as they are legitimate keys).

Simply copy the code below into notepad, save as (select All Files type) and name it ergc.reg. Then double-click it, and select "Yes." It will import the serial numbers into your registry hive (this will not eat your windows, but backup your hive if you want), effectively disabling serial input for all of The Sims 3 Installers.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3\ergc]
@="GM5VUWA3MES4QTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 World Adventures\ergc]
@="GSWWNUASMES4UTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Ambitions\ergc]
@="GZBK3QABMES4PTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Late Night\ergc]
@="G8WN2XACMES48THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Generations\ergc]
@="GHMVDXATMES48THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Pets\ergc]
@="GFJAXCA5MES4ZTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Showtime\ergc]
@="GS3BP5A8MES4TTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Supernatural\ergc]
@="G3Q87RA2MES48THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Seasons\ergc]
@="GQ8G3XAHMES44THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 University Life\ergc]
@="GY88RFA3MES4KTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Island Paradise\ergc]
@="GLGGV5AKMES4ZTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Into The Future\ergc]
@="GJ7PHUA9MES4FTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\ergc]
@="GNPXD2ADMES48THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff\ergc]
@="GJAJNBAGMES4VTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff\ergc]
@="GULUSSAKMES44THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff\ergc]
@="GAVMM4AMMES4JTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff\ergc]
@="G6DDYWAXMES45THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats\ergc]
@="GQUCS7ADMES4UTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff\ergc]
@="GXULJMAAMES4LTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 70s, 80s, and 90s Stuff\ergc]
@="GDLUT5ALMES4HTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Movie Stuff\ergc]
@="GPAAM5AUMES4PTHEWORL"

The following keys are based off a hash of GAMES4THEWORL (yes it cut off the D), so they should actually work, but I only provide them as an example, you're free to paste in your own serial numbers if you so choose.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 3 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 3 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE SECTION WITH THE SAME NAME.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.

Back to top Go down

HOW-TO: Skip EA Electronic Registration (ERGC) During Install... Empty Re: HOW-TO: Skip EA Electronic Registration (ERGC) During Install...

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:26

InfinityBit wrote:This can be left here or moved to tips and tricks, or anywhere it seems appropriate.

So, as with most EA based games, the serial numbers are inputted into an EA proprietary executable before the InstallShield setup will allow you to install the game. However, all that this proprietary application does is check the serial number against it's coded key list for errors, after the check is complete, if the key is accepted, it is imported into the registry. Thus, the entire step can be skipped (for almost any EA game), but for here, I will post The Sims 3 instructions.

All of the serial numbers for EA games are stored in the registry under "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts"

So, for The Sims 3, the respective registry hive is located under:
"Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\#GameTitle#\ergc"

Where #GameTitle# is the name of the game (The Sims 3, The Sims 3 World Adventures, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff, etc etc). And "ergc" is where the serial key is stored (in plain text too, YUCK).

As mentioned, this works for nearly ALL Electronic Arts titles that require Serial Number input. My hive has keys for Mass Effect and Command & Conquer games in the same location (though I wont post those here, as they are legitimate keys).

Simply copy the code below into notepad, save as (select All Files type) and name it ergc.reg. Then double-click it, and select "Yes." It will import the serial numbers into your registry hive (this will not eat your windows, but backup your hive if you want), effectively disabling serial input for all of The Sims 3 Installers.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3\ergc]
@="GM5VUWA3MES4QTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 World Adventures\ergc]
@="GSWWNUASMES4UTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Ambitions\ergc]
@="GZBK3QABMES4PTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Late Night\ergc]
@="G8WN2XACMES48THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Generations\ergc]
@="GHMVDXATMES48THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Pets\ergc]
@="GFJAXCA5MES4ZTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Showtime\ergc]
@="GS3BP5A8MES4TTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Supernatural\ergc]
@="G3Q87RA2MES48THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Seasons\ergc]
@="GQ8G3XAHMES44THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 University Life\ergc]
@="GY88RFA3MES4KTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Island Paradise\ergc]
@="GLGGV5AKMES4ZTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Into The Future\ergc]
@="GJ7PHUA9MES4FTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\ergc]
@="GNPXD2ADMES48THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff\ergc]
@="GJAJNBAGMES4VTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff\ergc]
@="GULUSSAKMES44THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff\ergc]
@="GAVMM4AMMES4JTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff\ergc]
@="G6DDYWAXMES45THEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats\ergc]
@="GQUCS7ADMES4UTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff\ergc]
@="GXULJMAAMES4LTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 70s, 80s, and 90s Stuff\ergc]
@="GDLUT5ALMES4HTHEWORL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Movie Stuff\ergc]
@="GPAAM5AUMES4PTHEWORL"

The following keys are based off a hash of GAMES4THEWORL (yes it cut off the D), so they should actually work, but I only provide them as an example, you're free to paste in your own serial numbers if you so choose.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Hello and welcome,

Thanks for the post ! However, I will leave it here (and not move it to the "Tips"-section). The reasons being the following: We provide installation guides in the downloads too, and they contain serial numbers. People are then supposed to just copy & paste from the install guide, or type the number manually.

The thing now is, if we need to enter the serial numbers into that registry-text you provided, and import that, we might just as well copy and paste the serials from the install guides straight away. Why going through these additional steps, of creating registry entries and importing them, if we can take the numbers from the install guides too ?

This is not to understate you efforts: from a technical perspective you are absolutely correct, and I myself used that back then, with NFS: Most Wanted (the 2005 version), when I lost the serial number for it. I looked it up in the registry. Also, there are some other programs that have/had (un-encrypted) serial numbers in the registry: I recall this being the case with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, until a few years ago at least, though I haven't used the program recently.

But for the needs of this forum - and we tend to prefer pragmatic and 'painless' solutions - I'd say that this guide may be "too much". Of course, if done correctly, it's an easy and quick procedure, but from experience I can tell that many people are going to mess up on that, most likely. Which leads to what I said before: people can (and should) just copy and paste from the install guides straight away.

We could edit that text ourselves of course, put in serial numbers, and upload ready-to-use .reg files. But then, the input of serial numbers is largely unproblematic among the users, and I don't think there is any pressing need in that direction. In general, I guess that the average person will rather use this method to look up "lost" serial numbers, than to skip the serial number prompt during install.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

HOW-TO: Skip EA Electronic Registration (ERGC) During Install... Empty Re: HOW-TO: Skip EA Electronic Registration (ERGC) During Install...

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 01:00

Understandable. I just left this here for people to use if they want to. Just kind of a How-To for those that want to use it, or have the technical know-how to import into the reg hive.

You could also make a batch file that executes the reg import, or even a /wait start for all installers ^_^.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 26 Aug 2015, 16:12

Wouldn't it be very handy if you are installing the complete collection? Does the installer also ask for the key when you have them in the registry or does the installer jump the serial key screen? In that case, I could upload this key list to mediafire and add a link to my video tutorial's description. Smile

Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 02:57

The installers will skip the EA code input when these are populated into the registry hive. Hence the topic name. :-P

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 27 Aug 2015, 17:18

InfinityBit wrote:The installers will skip the EA code input when these are populated into the registry hive. Hence the topic name. :-P
That is great! I guess we could release that with a newer version of the game/fix, and I will also look forward adding it to my videos when I have some time Wink

Thanks!!

Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top