Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't get launcher to work on a new install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Can't get launcher to work on a new install Empty Can't get launcher to work on a new install

Post by Guest Fri 04 Sep 2015, 01:58

Hello, I downloaded your Sims 3 Complete Collection and can't get the launcher to work. I click on it and immediately get "Sims3Launcher has stopped working", it never actually starts.

I know how to start the game without the launcher, but I want the launcher so I can install new worlds. I've tried the guide to installing correctly, and the manual patch, and the ultimate fix but nothing works. I'm running windows 7 if that helps. Thank you for your time.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't get launcher to work on a new install Empty Re: Can't get launcher to work on a new install

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 05:13

Hi there, @Dyfodol, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

What Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs do you have installed at the moment? Did you install everything from the Complete Collection already?

You can also try deleting the launcher cache files that are found in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Those files are:

• missingdeps.idx inside DCCache.
  • dcc.ent inside DCCache.
  • Every file that has a .bin extension inside Downloads and SigsCache.
  • Downloadedsims.index inside SavedSims.
  • Every file inside IGACache.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't get launcher to work on a new install Empty Re: Can't get launcher to work on a new install

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 10:01

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome.

I currently have nothing installed, but I previously had everything from the Complete Collection except Pets and Showtime, and had no stuff packs.

What should I install to test with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 18:35

Dyfodol wrote:Hi, thanks for the warm welcome.

I currently have nothing installed, but I previously had everything from the Complete Collection except Pets and Showtime, and had no stuff packs.

What should I install to test with?

I see. So you removed everything from the game already?

Before you start, you should rename the The Sims 3 folder found in Documents\Electronic Arts, and move it somewhere else. If it's still there, that is.

You can install anything you want to test the game. Ideally you would install the base game and a recent Expansion Pack, like Generations or Seasons. You can start testing it there.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 02:39

There was no Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, I made sure to remove everything when I uninstalled.

I just installed the base game and Generations following these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly#

I started the game, the launcher didn't work. So I just made a sim, then saved and quit, and deleted all the files in my documents that you told me to (some of them didn't exist). Tried to start it and the launcher still didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 01:11

@SeoY Do you think there is any fix to this, or should I stop trying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 01:15

Dyfodol wrote:@SeoY Do you think there is any fix to this, or should I stop trying?

Well, your issue is very strange, I can tell you that. There must be something that is causing this problem, as that's not normal behavior.

When you say that you made sure to remove everything when you uninstalled the game, did you also mean registry keys? All of them?

And did you have the game installed before you started installing the Complete Collection? Maybe some other version that you tested some time before. Anything at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 01:23

It is quite strange, the launcher used to work when the game came out.

As far as I can tell I removed all traces of the sims. Is this the registry location you were talking about? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts

If so, yes, I made sure that was gone before I installed again.

I have the base game and most of the expansion packs on actual purchased discs. Should I try to install the base game and an EP from disc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 01:31

Dyfodol wrote:It is quite strange, the launcher used to work when the game came out.

As far as I can tell I removed all traces of the sims. Is this the registry location you were talking about? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts

If so, yes, I made sure that was gone before I installed again.

I have the base game and most of the expansion packs on actual purchased discs. Should I try to install the base game and an EP from disc?

There's also some other keys from the game and EPs/SPs on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims. But be careful around those, now that you have the game installed. Let us know if you see any key on there for an Expansion Pack or Stuff Pack that you don't currently have installed.

So, you mean you had the game installed before, from original discs? And the launcher was working fine then? The problem may come from that, indeed.

If you want to try to install the game from the discs and check if the error appears, you'll have to manage those possible leftover registry keys before that. Or the error may appear even for the legit copy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 01:38

Ok I'll uninstall, take care of the registry keys, and install from disc.

The launcher used to work with the base game and some EPs, but I think it stopped after an update? It was quite a while ago.

I'll try the disc and let you know what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 01:40

Dyfodol wrote:Ok I'll uninstall, take care of the registry keys, and install from disc.

The launcher used to work with the base game and some EPs, but I think it stopped after an update? It was quite a while ago.

I'll try the disc and let you know what happens.

Interesting. So, the launcher stopped to work even for the game installed from the discs? Or are you talking about a different version?

The good news is, you can use the game and EPs you install from the discs with our Ultimate Fix. No need to uninstall them and install ours if you ever want to use any Expansion Packs from here.

Do let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 02:31

@SeoY Thanks I appreciate the help.

So I installed the base game and the launcher worked, then I updated to 1.67 and now the launcher is broken again.

So the most recent update is what's causing it. Are any of the older updates available? All I want to be able to do is install the other worlds.

I'd just like to have the game up to 1.5.0.015000 so I can install other worlds and then I won't need the launcher anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2015, 03:28

Dyfodol wrote:@SeoY Thanks I appreciate the help.

So I installed the base game and the launcher worked, then I updated to 1.67 and now the launcher is broken again.

So the most recent update is what's causing it. Are any of the older updates available? All I want to be able to do is install the other worlds.

I'd just like to have the game up to 1.5.0.015000 so I can install other worlds and then I won't need the launcher anymore.

Hi again, and sorry for the late reply.

I don't see why that should be happening. You can try with an older patch, of course. You should be able to get the manual update to 1.50 here:
http://simsvip.com/2013/02/19/sims-3-game-update-1-50-21913/
The thing is, we don't have the Ultimate Fix for that version of the game. We only have it for the 1.67 patch, so it's possible that it doesn't work at all.

Do let us know how it goes though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Sep 2015, 04:42

Hi @SeoY

No need to apologize, I know you guys have lives outside of G4TW.

I've tried doing old patches 1.50 and 1.55, and they crash the launcher too. The game works until I update it. I tried manual patches and doing the update from the launcher and they all crash it.

I'm going to guess that this is not a fixable problem for my computer. Thank you for trying to help me with this, I really do appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:20

Hello,

Have you tried running the game in different compatibility mode? It may help.

If you can't get the launcher to work at all, there is still a way to install worldfiles without it, but it'll take a little effort. This page describes the process, scroll down a little to find the instructions for "Alternative World Installation".
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 05:00

Hi,
Yes, I've tried running in different compatibility modes, but it still won't launch.

I've also tried the alternative world installation and it sort of works, but it's pretty glitchy. Thank you for the suggestions though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top