Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Downloaded AND Original -use of Gallery.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Downloaded AND Original -use of Gallery. Empty Sims 4 Downloaded AND Original -use of Gallery.

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2016, 16:34

When you have an original copy of the Sims 4, you can access the Gallery.
With Downloads, you can't, so how can you combine them ?

1. I moved my downloaded installationfolder The Sims 4 over to an external drive and made a new shortcut of course
2. I created a new useraccount in Windows.
3. disconnected the external drive
4. In this new account I downloaded the Original Sims 4 again - location will be C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games

As the new windows-account has a separate folder in My documents, the 2 games do not conflict.
Via my new account I can access the Gallery, download whatever I want, place the downloads on an USB-stick and insert them in the folder of the old account

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 4 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 4 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED HERE.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Downloaded AND Original -use of Gallery. Empty Re: Sims 4 Downloaded AND Original -use of Gallery.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Jul 2016, 19:23

//MOVED

Topic moved to "The Sims 4 tips & tricks". Thanks for sharing this @Tarac ! Smile  That could be indeed interesting, since many people purchased the base game of TS4.

An alternative method if one does not want to create a new user account, could be to always rename the folder "The Sims 4" under My Documents\Electronic Arts. For example, if you are about to start up the legit game of TS4, then rename the folder (under My Documents\Electronic Arts) to e.g. The Sims 4_cracked. Then start up your legit Sims 4 and download what you want from the gallery.

Now you want to transfer the content over to your pirated game. Go under the freshly-created folder The Sims 4 and copy the contents of the Tray-folder. Paste everything under The Sims 4_cracked/Tray.

Now the slightly tricky part is, you now need to rename folders again. Change The Sims 4 (this is the freshly-created one, from the legit game), to e.g. The Sims 4_legit. And then change The Sims 4_cracked to The Sims 4.

It may look a bit tricky, but once you understand the mechanism, this is an alternative possibility to creating a new Windows user account. Not necessarily a better or easier alternative, but a second way if you like.

Also, @Tarac, I would recommend maybe editing the topic title slightly, to make this topic more easily recognizable, but I'll leave that to you. As of now, it is also fine, though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Downloaded AND Original -use of Gallery. Empty Re: Sims 4 Downloaded AND Original -use of Gallery.

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2016, 20:36

Any suggestion what the title should be ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 20 Jul 2016, 20:42

This title looks clear enough to me, to be honest.
Thanks for this tip! A lot of users will find it useful Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 21:56

I don't have the original game (only the pirate) so I'm just wondering. What do you exactly find in that Gallery? Just Sims families and houses?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Aug 2016, 04:11

Enric wrote:What do you exactly find in that Gallery? Just Sims families and houses?

Yes, including automated download/installation and even upload of the items. I believe part of the hype is due to certain creators only releasing their stuff on the gallery, hence the 'demand' for it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2016, 16:27

Just a thought, haven't tried it out yet.

As you do not need an entry in your registry for the Sims 4, you could:

1. Make an Iso of your existing installation-folder of the Sims 4.
Mount the iso and start the game via the virtual drive - Game - Bin - TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe
An iso is write protected so neither Origin (nor your anti-virus) can change the contents.

2. Install the legal Game via Origin, even when you only have the basegame.
You now have access to the Gallery and can download whatever you like.

As both installations use the same directory for the game options - My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4, your downloads from the Gallery should also be available in your iso-related game. Also you should be able to play your current game in both versions.
Origin can still update the legit game but cannot destroy your pirated DLC's.

I only wonder what happens with the file GameVersion as updating via Origin will result in a higher version number than the pirated games and will result in the "Created with a higher version ..... update via Origin" error in which case deleting the file GameVersion will be sufficient.

//EDIT

I tested it and it works !

What I did:
1. Made an .iso of my installation-folder The Sims 4 
2. Let Origin adjust my original installation-folder
3. Played the game via Origin and downloaded some items from the store
4. Closed Origin and put it on off-line status.
5. Mounted my iso and started the game from the iso
6. Of course the "Unable to play as version .... 
7. Removed GameVersion from My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4
8. Started the game again from my iso
9. Store-items were playable.
10. Now I can play both games 

The only problem is item 6 above as everytime I let Origin update my game this error occurred: Solution: Do not update !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 22:58

Tarac wrote:I tested it and it works !

What I did:
1. Made an .iso of my installation-folder The Sims 4 
2. Let Origin adjust my original installation-folder
3. Played the game via Origin and downloaded some items from the store
4. Closed Origin and put it on off-line status.
5. Mounted my iso and started the game from the iso
6. Of course the "Unable to play as version .... 
7. Removed GameVersion from My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4
8. Started the game again from my iso
9. Store-items were playable.
10. Now I can play both games 

The only problem is item 6 above as everytime I let Origin update my game this error occurred: Solution: Do not update !

I also tried this and permit me to adjust it a little.

1. Move the installation folder of the pirated game (if it is still  in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronics Arts) to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4.
2. Create a desktop shortcut of the pirated game and rename it TS4 - Pirated
3. Follow steps 2-4 above
4. Rename the legit shortcut TS4 - Legit
5. Follow step 7 above
6. Start the game from the pirated shortcut

And there you have it!
The shortcuts could be named whatever, as long as you know which is which.
Note though that you will have to follow steps 5 & 6 (my version) every time you start the game because Origin automatically updates the game (I didn't change any settings). Also re-enable mods and custom content in game settings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2016, 09:51

There are 2 reasons why I prefer the .iso-method:
1. Origin cannot alter my game (remove pirated expansions)
2. My Anti-Virus cannot "kill" the crack
Because an iso is read-only

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2016, 21:22

Tarac wrote:There are 2 reasons why I prefer the .iso-method:
why would you even have an antivirus... jesus.
by the way, i use the folders renaming method, its easier and faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2016, 22:09

cyberraga wrote:
Tarac wrote:There are 2 reasons why I prefer the .iso-method:
why would you even have an antivirus... jesus.
by the way, i use the folders renaming method, its easier and faster.
"why would you even have an antivirus... jesus." - It's just your anti-virus that can kill the crack, reason why

As far as I can understand, we are talking here about 2 versions, legit and pirated to be used besides each other.
If you imply that renaming folders The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts when switching between versions is easier and faster, I think you're mistaken.
The easiest way is to copy the file Default from the legit game (Bin folder) over to the same location of your pirated game.
Then both versions nicely share one folder with the same version number in the file GameVersion.
After that no need to change anything at all, till of course there is a new update in the legit game and you have to copy the new file Default over again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Nov 2016, 23:18

totalsims wrote:If you imply that renaming folders The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts when switching between versions is easier and faster, I think you're mistaken.

Both your & @cyberraga's points are valid. And hey, whatever works for the individual simmer in his or her particular situation best, should be done/considered in the end, I guess? I myself side with the previous poster and change folder names under Documents\Electronic Arts as well because

1) I still use mods and CC that are compatible with certain game versions only, and...

2) ...for general precautions (!!!) in case the new patch versions introduce new e.g. savegame/Tray-folder mechanics, as is the case with the new "lot traits" in patch 1.24 (Gallery-lots downloaded in 1.24 are not recognizable in a game with an earlier patch version). Or in case of other nasty surprises that new patches may bring along.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Nov 2016, 13:18

totalsims wrote:It's just your anti-virus that can kill the crack, reason why

thats exactly what i meant, lol.

totalsims wrote:As far as I can understand, we are talking here about 2 versions, legit and pirated to be used besides each other.
If you imply that renaming folders The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts when switching between versions is easier and faster, I think you're mistaken.
im not. this is what works the best for me.

totalsims wrote:The easiest way is to copy the file Default from the legit game (Bin folder) over to the same location of your pirated game.
Then both versions nicely share one folder with the same version number in the file GameVersion.
After that no need to change anything at all, till of course there is a new update in the legit game and you have to copy the new file Default over again.
nah, i dont like messing with the original sims 4 folder, and i never have heard of this method before.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top