Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.  Empty Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Oct 2016, 20:37

Dear users, 

Those of you following the Forum will have noticed the introduction of our The Sims 4 Gallery not too long ago, the purpose of which was to provide the files for lots & sims from the official TS4 Gallery, so that people could use those items in their RELOADED/Games4theworld games.

As of the time I am writing this, gallery items downloaded from the Origin-version of the game are not recognizable anymore in RELOADED/Games4theworld versions of the game. This is due to a new patch that was released on Origin. As for the items that have been uploaded thus far (see this here), you can still use them as they are not affected by this new change. It's just that all items downloaded from now on, won't be compatible.

There is a possibility that it may work again in the future, but that is more than unclear at present. Of course, we will keep you posted along the way. As for the actual Gallery section, we will therefore also consider a (temporary?) closure of the section. Regular users will neither be able to reply to topics posted there, or open new threads. However, you can still read up on the topics and also access all the download links. It just doesn't make much sense to allow users to create new threads, when Gallery items are un-usable.

Consequently, these developments also mean that for those of you planning to purchase an Origin-version of the TS4 base game for mere access to the Gallery (and use of the items in pirated TS4 games), you won't be able to use these Gallery items - at least not for the time being. 

At that point there is not too much else to add, but if you have any thoughts or related questions, you're more than welcome to post a comment below. I know a lot of you are going to be disappointed now, but this one here was really out of our hands.

Thank you very much for your attention, and we will of course keep you informed about any new developments. Smile

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 19 Nov 2016, 23:24; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.  Empty Re: Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Oct 2016, 21:13

The subsection "TS4 Gallery" is now locked for any new topics or replies from anyone but the G4TW-team.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.  Empty Re: Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2016, 19:09

I first thought that it was just a matter of Game Version.
I managed to change Game Version in my prirated copy to 1.24.102.1020 by simply copying the file Default (updated folder Game Bin of the legal copy) to Game-Bin of the pirated game.
The pirated game now shows a version indeed 1.24.102.1020

I downloaded 3 items from the Gallery and 1 item (Bonsworth Estate) from your finished list.

I hoped it would come out like this

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.  File

But unfortunately it came out as this

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.  File

But we'll keep on trying.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 03 Nov 2016, 07:40

Tarac wrote:I first thought that it was just a matter of Game Version.
I managed to change Game Version in my prirated copy to 1.24.102.1020 by simply copying the file Default (updated folder Game Bin of the legal copy) to Game-Bin of the pirated game.
The pirated game now shows a version indeed 1.24.102.1020

I downloaded 3 items from the Gallery and 1 item (Bonsworth Estate) from your finished list.

(...)

Been there, done that (already). WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I tried various things before posting the announcement, but it seems new "lot traits" were introduced with game version 1.24, maybe this is the reason why it's not working. Essentially we'll have to wait for the next pirated update and see what we can do with it.

P.S. if you want to link images on the Forum, you'll have to use image URLs (right-click on image -> "copy image address/URL") that are publicly accessible. I tried fixing the links but ended with some permission error. 

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.  3f39cb9c16824a56b6a6e584fc58a5b7

Though in that case here, I know what the error looks like already - if you try putting Galley items into the cracked game, the thumbnails are crossed out, and you get the error "could not locate item".

We'll have to wait it out, I guess, and hope for the best!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 00:52

I was actually close to request two things from the Gallery (one sim and a set of lots from a Youtuber) until I came across with this topic... Never thought it already has issues... Sorry to hear that and I hope this will be fixed soon WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2016, 10:55

Any updates on the fix for this issue? I have sims that I uploaded to the gallery 2 years ago, and I would like to use them again in my game, but I can't download it because gallery doesn't work in reloaded ):

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 12 Nov 2016, 12:53

purplebeachmusic wrote:Any updates on the fix for this issue? I have sims that I uploaded to the gallery 2 years ago, and I would like to use them again in my game, but I can't download it because gallery doesn't work in reloaded ):
Hi there,

Unfortunately no, there are still no updates on this. It might not work any more at all, we don't know unfortunately.
We'll keep you updated here.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Nov 2016, 13:54

purplebeachmusic wrote:Any updates on the fix for this issue? I have sims that I uploaded to the gallery 2 years ago, and I would like to use them again in my game, but I can't download it because gallery doesn't work in reloaded ):

Welcome to the Forum @purplebeachmusic and sorry to hear about it, WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I know this will come too late for you, but for the future you should always make sure to backup your entire folder "The Sims 4", located under C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\. So that in the event your computer dies, you re-install Windows or for similar reasons you don't lose your precious (legacy) sims, families or houses.

Even if you were able to connect to the Gallery with a cracked game, you couldn't put the items into your cracked game, because they won't be recognized anymore.

Only time can tell what will happen here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2016, 01:19

Alright, and another thing.

Does that change everything for the custom content too? I tried downloading custom hair and clothes, which by the way worked, but custom sims and lots aren't showing up in my library.

I put them in the "tray" folder, and i also found an article that told me to check, "show custom content" in the library side menu, but that option isnt there... , the online access, custom content boxes are checked in options too and i still can't get them to show up.

Update:

This problem is existing in the base game. I have yet to download the "Get to work, Get together, and the Ultimate Fix." Do you guys think that's the problem?

Update 2:

Okay so, after installing the first expansion pack (Get to Work), I was able to see the custom sims I put in the tray folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 13 Nov 2016, 12:06

purplebeachmusic wrote:(...) but custom sims and lots aren't showing up in my library.

What he said. 

The new change affects all Gallery-related items (sims & lots). So any sim or lot that was created with the patch version 1.24, shouldn't be recognizable anymore in games that are still on version 1.20 - like the RELOADED/Games4theworld versions.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Nov 2016, 19:46

What about sims that were created and uploaded onto the gallery before the patch? Will this mean that even those who were created back in 2014 and uploaded to the gallery, would no longer work?

I'm quite annoyed at myself that I haven't found this forum before. Guess I can forget about adding Patricia Bute from Mattshea to my game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Nov 2016, 19:56

Cat_Eye wrote:What about sims that were created and uploaded onto the gallery before the patch? Will this mean that even those who were created back in 2014 and uploaded to the gallery, would no longer work?

I'm quite annoyed at myself that I haven't found this forum before. Guess I can forget about adding Patricia Bute from Mattshea to my game.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Cat_Eye, Very Happy

That's a good question. I think I tried downloading an "older" item with the new 1.24 patch, and it turned out not to work (anymore). Feel free to try it yourself though. So it seems, if you upload stuff with the 1.24 patch, and also download stuff with the 1.24 patch - no matter when the item was created - it won't work.

But as said, feel free to double-check.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Nov 2016, 20:08

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello and welcome to the Forum @Cat_Eye, Very Happy

That's a good question. I think I tried downloading an "older" item with the new 1.24 patch, and it turned out not to work (anymore). Feel free to try it yourself though. So it seems, if you upload stuff with the 1.24 patch, and also download stuff with the 1.24 patch - no matter when the item was created - it won't work.

But as said, feel free to double-check.
I can only try this out, if I use the demo to download what was uploaded back then before the game was released. My game is cracked (from Corepack. I previously used the R.G. Mechanics repack. Now I'm waiting for a repack of City living from whoever will be the first  to make it), so I relied so far to get what I want from various online sites, as well as downloading some humorous sims from the gallery, which were created with the demo. I am one of those sims 4 players who likes to make the weirdest things happen, so I kind of like creating (or using) the weirdest sims I can find.
I'll try later with the demo downloads, since I have the demo on another computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Nov 2016, 20:33

Cat_Eye wrote:I can only try this out, if I use the demo to download what was uploaded back then before the game was released. My game is cracked (from Corepack. I previously used the R.G. Mechanics repack. Now I'm waiting for a repack of City living from whoever will be the first  to make it), so I relied so far to get what I want from various online sites, as well as downloading some humorous sims from the gallery, which were created with the demo. I am one of those sims 4 players who likes to make the weirdest things happen, so I kind of like creating (or using) the weirdest sims I can find.
I'll try later with the demo downloads, since I have the demo on another computer.

With the demo, you can't download much anymore (yes, that feature was virtually blocked from EA as well). If you give me the name of the sim that was uploaded back then, I can quickly check myself though. Smile

//EDIT

Bump:

As I thought, I downloaded one of the "fulfilled requests" again, alongside another house that was created in 2014. And neither show up anymore in the pirated game. So nothing is working anymore because of the new Origin-update.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Nov 2016, 21:32

I updated Origin(haven't used it in months). I searched and found some sims on the gallery that were created with the demo and I downloaded them. I added them to the tray folder and they are in my game. I did notice one thing however. The game freezes if I try to add them directly to another played household ( it says wrong mod), but if I use them in the sim creator, then everything and I can normally place them in the world and use them in whatever way I want. 

Now I would need to test this out with sims that were downloaded from the gallery and weren't created with the demo. Maybe the changes don't affect the Corepack repack? Or does this only happen with sims that were created with the demo? Question
Maybe not all hope is lost and we'll be able to find a way arond this update.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Nov 2016, 21:37

Cat_Eye wrote:Now I would need to test this out with sims that were downloaded from the gallery and weren't created with the demo. Maybe the changes don't affect the Corepack repack? Or does this only happen with sims that were created with the demo? Question
Maybe not all hope is lost and we'll be able to find a way arond this update.

Sounds interesting, but it doesn't matter who repacked the game. Cracked games are in the way they function technically, the same everywhere. Yes, maybe it does play a role if Gallery items were created with the demo.

In practice though, I'm afraid it's not going to have much of an impact. Virtually everybody is using the legit game these days to upload to the gallery, and that is that. But good to hear you were seemingly lucky in your case!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Nov 2016, 22:03

Well, if you don't try, you'll never know. Smile If anyone can help me by downloading a sim from the gallery and sending me the tray files to test it, I'll appreachiate it. If possible, then I would like to have Patricia Bute from Mattshea(EA ID).
I do hope that this problem will be resolved in the future for everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 21 Nov 2016, 23:32

Perhaps you can get the sim when (and if) our own gallery is functional again!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Nov 2016, 00:22

Cat_Eye wrote:Well, if you don't try, you'll never know. Smile If anyone can help me by downloading a sim from the gallery and sending me the tray files to test it, I'll appreachiate it. If possible, then I would like to have Patricia Bute from Mattshea(EA ID).
I do hope that this problem will be resolved in the future for everyone else.

There you go:
http://tinyurl.com/z4hyq2n

Note, you have to mark the "include custom content" box on the left for the sim to show up, and I was able to place the sim in a household and load it (the household). Didn't expect that to work - thanks for bringing this to our attention! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:15

Nice!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:10

Thank you! It also worked for me and I now finally have Patricia Bute in my game. I'm sure she's going to be lots of fun  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd If anyone else wants to use her, then you need to get the no muscle/weight gain mod, otherwise the game resets her after a while.
I'm glad that I helped and that we now know that downloading sims from the gallery still works, although it requires a different approach.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 22 Nov 2016, 13:18

Interesting, perhaps this is true for other items as well.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Nov 2016, 14:06

Cat_Eye wrote:(...) we now know that downloading sims from the gallery still works, although it requires a different approach.

*a.k.a. if the item was created and uploaded (way back) with the Sims 4 CAS demo. And you're welcome.  Haters gonna hate  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 14:25

Patricia Bute wasn't created with the demo. The original character with the messed up sliders was from the demo, but the user who made her and uploaded her to the gallery used the base game.

If she was made with the demo, then I could have downloaded her myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Nov 2016, 14:43

Cat_Eye wrote:The original character with the messed up sliders was from the demo

OK, but still: I'll assume it will be similar here with sims that you download from other people and then "re-upload" as your own. The original creator is still mentioned, even if you re-upload it under your own game.

Same here. Maybe it is already enough, if the sim was downloaded with the demo? Even if it is then ported to a legit game and uploaded from there.

Either way, I assure you that virtually none of the Gallery-items are working anymore, that is a sad fact. We can only hope that with the next pirated update of TS4, things will be in order again, but...we'll see.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top