Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to install on a partition/non-c drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Trying to install on a partition/non-c drive Empty Trying to install on a partition/non-c drive

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 18:58

Hi,

I just got a new laptop where most of my storage space is on the D drive rather than C.  I did a little bit of googling and everything told me there should be no problem installing there, but after installing  (using the instructions from the 'Must Read* how to install Sims correctly page), I'm getting this error "Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). 

I did give the base game and all the expansions their own folders as well, though I did it as I was installing each game, not prior.

Thanks for any help

Panda

Back to top Go down

silent install - Trying to install on a partition/non-c drive Empty Re: Trying to install on a partition/non-c drive

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 23 Nov 2016, 20:12

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
That should indeed be no problem at all, lets see where it could've gone wrong.

You say you are installing on a partition other than C:, is this by any change an external drive? If so, this post might help you out.

If it's a regular/internal drive, it could be a little more complicated. 
Was it a clean installation? Meaning the game has never been installed before, prior to now. 
If the answer is "yes", read on...

Did you uninstall any of the EP/SP's during installation? Maybe you changed your mind about a pack, or accidentally put it in the wrong directory and cancelled or uninstalled to correct such an error. If that is the case, you'll have to uninstall that particular pack, restart your laptop, and try again.

If none of these are the case, have a look at this post.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)