Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4-Origin Error- "Unable to start....Update your game via Origin to play"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Sims 4-Origin Error- "Unable to start....Update your game via Origin to play" Empty Sims 4-Origin Error- "Unable to start....Update your game via Origin to play"

Post by Guest Fri 19 May 2017, 04:05

Hello!
silent install - Sims 4-Origin Error- "Unable to start....Update your game via Origin to play" 1577371209
So heres my issue:

I downloaded sims 4 and installed it in wineskin(wrapper version 2.6.2).

At first when I was trying to install it wouldn't let me because for some reason the setup file was zipped. I unzipped it and it completely installed. 

When I try to run the game it says

"Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play"

I used to have sims4 get to work and get together which I downloaded from another source, but for some reason it stopped working so I deleted it all to start over. 

So when I saw the error I went into my sims 4 wrapper and downloaded an old PC origin (from 2015 that I already had, because the updated origin wont unzip and install into my wrapper) into the wrapper, but the error still pops up.

Can someone please help me fix this issue so I can run the game and also install Get to Work, Get together, and City Living Please!!!

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 4-Origin Error- "Unable to start....Update your game via Origin to play" Empty Re: Sims 4-Origin Error- "Unable to start....Update your game via Origin to play"

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 06:53

O SCRATCH EVERYTHING I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!<3 Quite simply go into your documents folder, electronic arts and then "the sims 4" and then delete the gameversion.txt file...voila game is working totally correctly<3

Hey I had the same problem, I went into my documents and renamed the sims 4 folder to "The Sims 4_backup" This forced the game to make a new folder and the game worked excepts now it's in a tiny window with black around the bottom and right edges, if you know how to fix this, maybe we can help each other.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 4-Origin Error- "Unable to start....Update your game via Origin to play" Empty Cant install expansions

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 05:20

Hi there,

had no other way of messaging you guys because your website won't let me do this or create a new forum but how on earth do I install the sims 4 expansion packs? Ive downloaded them all and followed instructions but when it comes to installing the expansion pack theres no application file to do so..? How do I launch the installer for each expansion pack when theres no button

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 4-Origin Error- "Unable to start....Update your game via Origin to play" Empty Re: Sims 4-Origin Error- "Unable to start....Update your game via Origin to play"

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 05:31

jadeschutte wrote:Hi there,

had no other way of messaging you guys because your website won't let me do this or create a new forum but how on earth do I install the sims 4 expansion packs? Ive downloaded them all and followed instructions but when it comes to installing the expansion pack theres no application file to do so..? How do I launch the installer for each expansion pack when theres no button
 Hey, if you have a mac follow this:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20524-a-guide-on-how-to-install-the-sims-4-addons-dlc-on-mac-using-wine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 08:35

No I don't have a mac, not sure what to do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 19:40

jadeschutte wrote:No I don't have a mac, not sure what to do
Hey this is for pc users, by the way you are in the mac section of the forum so this section is for mac users only. but this will help you, just follow these instructions
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly,
 you can't post in that specific post but around that section you should find more pc help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jul 2017, 10:39

So I had a similar problem i tried installing the newest update ultimate fix v1.31 and the game loads up properly and all I can create my sims choose the location but when I decide to move in i'm stuck on an infinite loading screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jul 2017, 11:55

Ghosty5643 wrote:So I had a similar problem i tried installing the newest update ultimate fix v1.31 and the game loads up properly and all I can create my sims choose the location but when I decide to move in i'm stuck on an infinite loading screen.
Did you DELETE the existing Game folder ?
Then replaced it with THIS ONE and then re-copied the Game folders from Parenthood and Fitness again ?

OR WHEN YOU HAVE FITNESS INSTALLED:
1. Delete existing folder Game
2. Download THIS FOLDER, extract with Winrar, change language if you want other language than English, and put this Game folder in your install folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 07:30

hello everyone,

firstt, sorry for my bad english, i hope u all can understand what i mean, i'm not a native speak.

FYI, i'm using
macOS Sierra
version 10.12.6
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

and i already install WINESKIN WRAPPER & download all The Sims 4 file include Ultimate fix, and i already follow all instruction from G4TW, but i still have an error and i can't play The Sims 4.

i have windows parallel, but i don't want play in there, i'm so hopefully to play The Sims 4 on my mac not using window parallel.

so my problems is (take a look at picture i sent) everytime i launch The Sims 4 using my wrapper this always pop up

please help, i'm so desprated to play The Sims 4 on my mac

thanks

silent install - Sims 4-Origin Error- "Unable to start....Update your game via Origin to play" Img20115

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top