Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to install on D drive instead of C, having problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Trying to install on D drive instead of C, having problems Empty Trying to install on D drive instead of C, having problems

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jun 2017, 23:57

Hi!

My C drive didn't have enough space, so I tried to move the Electronic Arts folder to the D drive after installing most of the expansion packs and stuff packs and applying the ultimate fix - I also tried to redo the ultimate fix after moving the folder, but I keep getting a popup when I try to launch Sims3Launcher.exe (directly from the folder) - it tells me "Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game."

How do I properly reinstall all of this on the D drive, not C? I also need to install Sims 4 on the D drive.

EDIT:

Moved thread to Sims 3 section.
- Ageha

Back to top Go down

silent install - Trying to install on D drive instead of C, having problems Empty Re: Trying to install on D drive instead of C, having problems

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 01:03

Hi,
You can delete the ultimate fix, you won't need it.
Someone from here gave me this link >> here , I followed every instruction and everything works fine now.
Good luck Smile

Back to top Go down

silent install - Trying to install on D drive instead of C, having problems Empty Re: Trying to install on D drive instead of C, having problems

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 01:44

Would that work for Sims 3 as well? What order do I need to do it in for Sims 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jun 2017, 05:08

Does anyone know if this would work for Sims 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jun 2017, 10:16

rainy_day wrote:Does anyone know if this would work for Sims 3?
No, that will not work for the Sims 3.
If you want that installed on another drive you'll have to actually install all DLC's again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 16:10

Tarac wrote:
rainy_day wrote:Does anyone know if this would work for Sims 3?
No, that will not work for the Sims 3.
If you want that installed on another drive you'll have to actually install all DLC's again.
What are DLCs??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 16:13

rainy_day wrote:What are DLCs??
DownLoadableContent.
In case of the Sims: EP's, SP's, GP's, in other words additional packages for the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 03:38

Oh, well I don't have a problem with reinstalling them, but is there a specific way that I have to do that on the D drive? Since the folders won't be there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:13

rainy_day wrote:Oh, well I don't have a problem with reinstalling them, but is there a specific way that I have to do that on the D drive? Since the folders won't be there?
Yes, install G4TW base game on the default location C:\Program Files (x64)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
After installation MOVE, don't copy, the install folder The Sims 4 to your D: drive, creating such as D:\The Sims 4
Now install the other DLC's by simply COPYING the folders from the extracted download to your install folder D:\The Sims 4
Required order: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Vampires, Parenthood, Fitness.

For more info see THIS PAGE

You could also consider the ZLORIGIN-METHOD

In ZLOrigin you can instruct Origin to download the complete Sims 4 series on your D: drive
Click in Origin left-top on Origin
Select Apllications Settings

Select Advanced
Change path for Downloaded Games to read D:\
Installation will now go to D:\The Sims 4.

When you want to change language:
In Origin, Rightclick on the folder of the Sims 4
Select Properties
Click on Game Properties
Select the required language
Click on OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jul 2017, 00:43

Hm, well I have given up on Sims 3, it take up too much space. But I am trying to install Sims 4 (on C, will move to D) and I keep getting these weird popups. What do they mean and how do I fix it?

silent install - Trying to install on D drive instead of C, having problems 2mw8qv4

And when I click okay here, it tries to install and then this popup comes a few seconds later:

silent install - Trying to install on D drive instead of C, having problems Qn3cl5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jul 2017, 16:46

Please, open a new topic in the Sims 4 section. Your earlier problem was actually Sims 3 and thus all those replies above ARE specifically for the Sims 4. If you decide to install the sims 3 again on D drive, what you need to do is actually create all those folders first before installing anything.

For example: 
The Sims 3 - Will be the base game.
The Sims 3 Ambitions - Ambition EP and so forth. Then, you can install the the EP/SP. You need to correctly spell out everything however, if not it will not work. 

1. You can do this by running the setup files, the pop-up will appear to choose the installation path. DO NOT change anything, simply copy the name (like The Sims 3 Ambitions) and then create a folder in D Drive and rename the folder (copy + paste from above).

2. Do the same thing for the other EP/SP that you want to install
  3. After that then you can select the path (folder) of where you want to install the game to -> Should be D\The Sims 3 or D\The Sims 3 Ambitions (and so on for the rest of the EP) -> Seasons, Generations etc.

For the current error, go to your F:\The Sims 4\__Installer\vc and install both files. Then run the setup again.

Do open a new thread under Sims 4 (since I have moved this to Sims 3 but unfortunately, no one noticed). I'll reply here if you decide to install Sims 3 again. Else, I'll be locking this thread. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top