Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to not to download all expansions??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it possible to not to download all expansions?? Empty Is it possible to not to download all expansions??

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 00:36

i've noticed that when I download the full game and takes up a lot of space and it doesn't run as smoothly. I was wondering if I can download only some of the expansion packs. For example, I would love to have got to work and get together but I don't care for dine out or the stuff packs. is it possible to install the game while skipping some expansion packs.
it's kind of like with the sims 3, I only installed two of the expansion packs because they were what I really wanted.

does anyone know if it's possible with the cracked version??

hopefully you get what I mean, if I need to explain more please let me know.

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to not to download all expansions?? Empty Re: Is it possible to not to download all expansions??

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 09:16

You can install base game + Get To Work + Get Together, but, I think,  you can't add f.e. Parenthood without also installing City Living and Vampires. In other words, you can't skip a DLC.
In this example Parenthood is of course useless without toddlers/vampires

I am just downloading base game + Get to Work + Get Together + Fitness and will find out what really happens when you skip DLC's.
Will report later on today.

//EDIT

What I've tested:
I installed Base Game + Get Together + Fitness.
Game loads up, I got the Welcome screens for the installed items but froze on the Welcome screen for Fitness.
Had to quit game via the Taskmanager.
Started the game again - froze during loading (plumbob stopped spinning)

So apparently when bearing in mind full installation is:
1. Base Game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. City Living
5. Toddlers/Vampires
6. Parenthood
7. Fitness

You can load games in sequence 1,2,3,4 ..... aso, but as soon as you start skipping one, the game will freeze.
Just doing 1,2 and 3 works perfectly, doing 1,2,3,5 (skipping 4) won't work.

//EDIT

Further test:
I installed everything and played the game.
Then I removed all Stuff packs SP01 ->SP11 from my install folder.
Started the game again.
Overview still states that all stuffpacks are installed but when starting to play I got the message that Packs downloads are in progress (which of course won't happen because it's a pirated game and Origin cannot download the SP's again).
Played the game and save and exit.
Started the game again, overview still shows all SP's installed, when I now play, there is no message about Packs downloads in progress and of course no items from Stuff packs available.

Conclusion:
When you've played a fully installed game once and you decide to remove certain packs you can indeed do that.

Problem:
When you rename or remove your Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, you're stuck as the game will freeze and you'll have to re-install again.

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to not to download all expansions?? Empty Re: Is it possible to not to download all expansions??

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 15:55

Thank you so much for you in-depth response. i really appreciate your answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 06:02

so does that mean that i must install all packs anyway in order to run the game and can't install only desired pack ? (P.S. I also found that the update only fix for version 1.31 unable to download.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Jul 2017, 09:08

Rxzin wrote:so does that mean that i must install all packs anyway  in order to run the game and can't install only desired pack ? (P.S. I also found that the  update only fix for version 1.31 unable to download.)

Hello and welcome,

Yes, since the "DLC buildup" is progressive, you have to install in the order that is mentioned here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

The DLC are not separate entities, so TS4 doesn't work like TS3 or TS2 for example. Maybe at the end of the game's lifespan we can offer a global torrent, where you can select what DLCs you want to add. But at the moment this is technically not doable.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Jul 2017, 09:48; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 09:44

Please remember that the update only fix does not allow you to play any DLC's. Only the base game patched to the latest version. NO expansions, stuff or game packs. You will have three worlds, that's it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 09:52

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
The DLC are not separate entities, so TS4 doesn't work like TS3 or TS3 for example. Maybe at the end of the game's lifespan we can offer a global torrent, where you can select what DLCs you want to add. But at the moment this is technically not doable.
It is technically doable but would have to be rewritten after every new pack because you need a folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 that contains details of ALL the packs.
See THIS TOPIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 12:48

@The_gh0stm4n
In this tutorial https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4, you suggested to remove certain items from the file RldOrigin.ini.
Wouldn't it be better and safer just to add a semicolon in front of those lines instead of deleting them.

Furthermore there is no need to remove the folders SP01-SP11 or other unwanted DLC's.
Just putting a semicolon in front will do "the trick" and the DLC is no longer highlighted in the overview of the installed games.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top