Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 expansion pack won't install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 expansion pack won't install Empty The Sims 4 expansion pack won't install

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jul 2017, 13:21

Hey,

I've got a problem, I’ve installed the base game (TS4), then I installed Get to Work, Get Together and City living, no problem, but then I’ve tried to install the Toddler update, the game started but I couldn't play with my households. 

Now, I redownloaded the base game, but I can't install an expansion pack however I can install the ultimate fix update... How can I fix the problem?

Thanks!

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 expansion pack won't install Empty Re: The Sims 4 expansion pack won't install

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jul 2017, 15:18

When you re-install the base game, you will loose all previously installed expansions.
So now you'll have to do:
Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Toddlers/Vampires again.
After the installation of Toddlers, remove the folder Game from your install folder The Sims 4 in Program Files

Then install Parenthood and Fitness

In case you don't want to install Parenthood and Fitness, download and extract the THE NEW GAME FOLDER after having deleted the existing one.

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 expansion pack won't install Empty Re: The Sims 4 expansion pack won't install

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jul 2017, 17:08

Thanks, but i've tried to install Get to Work and I can't open the game. So the game won't open with the expansion pack.. I've even tried to redownload the expansion packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Jul 2017, 17:10

JIJI9 wrote:So the game won't open with the expansion pack...

Are you getting any error message(s)...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jul 2017, 19:15

Have you moved the sims 4 install folder out of program files (86) Origin games to just Program Files (x86)after installing the base game only? after that you have to extract the torrent files with .winRar ( for the different DLC's )and copy/paste all the respective files to the Program Files(x86) The Sims 4 Folder. You must then create a new Quick launch thumbnail for your desktop. This you do by right clicking on the sims exe file, which you will find in the game/bin folder, then click on send to, there you fill find the option desktop, (create shortcut) Remember to start your game by right clicking on the exe file ( or quick launch button )and then run as Administrator. Hope this works Smile

Last edited by Loonieloose on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 19:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add text)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 22:16

I've tried it again, the as soon as the expansion packs worked, I installed the ultimate fix, but then I've lost all expansion pacs...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Aug 2017, 10:10

JIJI9 wrote:I've tried it again, the as soon as the expansion packs worked, I installed the ultimate fix, but then I've lost all expansion pacs...
When you want to play with DLC's, NEVER use the ultimate fix !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:31

That ultimate fix is for base game only. There is a warning in the description that it will delete all the expansion packs. So now you will have to install everything again, with the exception of the base game. Please stick to the correct order.
Sorry for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top