Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I have to install the DLC in order to update?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Do I have to install the DLC in order to update? Empty Do I have to install the DLC in order to update?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 03:50

hi, i'm new here. 

I've just installed the G4TW version of TS4 and wish to update it to the latest version. I don't want any of the DLC though. Is it required to install in order to update? The install of the actual game went perfectly fine, it works and everything but it has no option for CC. It's just not in the menu. I read online that in order for the CC options to appear, you need to update your game. 

I downloaded the ultimate fix and followed the steps and everything but i'm stuck at an infinite loading screen. i'm very aware there's a fix for that on here, but it doesn't work for me. I don't know why. Is it because I don't have the DLC installed? I really, really don't want to bother with messing with DLC and everything I really just want CC. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Do I have to install the DLC in order to update? Empty Re: Do I have to install the DLC in order to update?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 11:04

You should have a folder Mods in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
That folder is for your CC

Back to top Go down

silent install - Do I have to install the DLC in order to update? Empty Re: Do I have to install the DLC in order to update?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 17:06

levant wrote:hi, i'm new here. 

I've just installed the G4TW version of TS4 and wish to update it to the latest version. I don't want any of the DLC though. Is it required to install in order to update? The install of the actual game went perfectly fine, it works and everything but it has no option for CC. It's just not in the menu. I read online that in order for the CC options to appear, you need to update your game. 

I downloaded the ultimate fix and followed the steps and everything but i'm stuck at an infinite loading screen. i'm very aware there's a fix for that on here, but it doesn't work for me. I don't know why. Is it because I don't have the DLC installed? I really, really don't want to bother with messing with DLC and everything I really just want CC. Thank you.

Hello,

One thing that I keep repeating to people is this: if it were not necessary, we would not have gone through the length of posting that article with these installation steps. So yes, you HAVE to do the steps in order. What you can do however, is to remove individual items after you did all steps. See the post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4

That's a more detailed version of what Tarac just hinted at.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 17:34

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
That's a more detailed version of what Tarac just hinted at.
Not exactly:

levant wrote:hi, i'm new here. 

Hello,

One thing that I keep repeating to people is this: if it were not necessary, we would not have gone through the length of posting that article with these installation steps. So yes, you HAVE to do the steps in order. What you can do however, is to remove individual items after you did all steps. See the post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 17:47

Tarac wrote:Not exactly

OK, but still this topic is topic-wise similar. But to get back to the issue at hand, there is no one single "update" with G4TW's releases. The updates consist of several individual torrents. They include DLCs as well as base game patches.

Edit - see this as reference.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:22

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:Not exactly

OK, but still this topic is topic-wise similar as the one that I just closed. But to get back to the issue at hand, there is no one single "update" with G4TW's releases. The updates consist of several individual torrents. They include DLCs as well as base game patches.

Edit - see this as reference.

Thanks to you both for helping me. I actually got it to work without having to install any of the DLCs at all. It works perfectly fine now and I got my CCs working as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:23

@levant: we also have an "Update-Only" Ultimate fix, which gives you the base game update, without the DLC. Have you tried it as well? Totally forgot about that (maybe because not many people are using it?). Facepalm
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top