Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall? Empty Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall?

Post by Guest Sun 03 Sep 2017, 07:52

Hi, I downloaded the game from you a while back and it works great (thank you so much)! But i only installed some of the EPs and now that I'm bored with them I'd like to get rid of them and install some others, can I do this safely without uninstalling + reinstalling the whole game? Thanks in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall? Empty Re: Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall?

Post by Guest Sun 03 Sep 2017, 09:38

Yes, that should be possible.
Another option is to download the Sims 3 again via ZLOrigin. You are updated to the latest version where you can choose the packs you want to play with.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall? Empty Re: Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Sep 2017, 10:11

emmysmokes wrote:Hi, I downloaded the game from you a while back and it works great (thank you so much)! But i only installed some of the EPs and now that I'm bored with them I'd like to get rid of them and install some others, can I do this safely without uninstalling + reinstalling the whole game? Thanks in advance Smile

Hello,

Just make sure that there won't be any issues with uninstalling DLC content. There could be problems when e.g. your savefile was saved in a world that comes with an expansion pack (e.g. Starlight Shores = Showtime), and then you remove the expansion pack, then you won't be able to load your old savefile.

If your computer is strong enough and you have the harddrive space, maybe it's also an idea to just leave all your DLC installed?

Should you go ahead with uninstalling, don't forget to re-boot the computer afterwards.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 04:55

Thank you both for answering!

I've changed my mind lol. Now I'd like to add Pets to the ones I already have (Island Paradise, Supernatural, Seasons, and Late Night which I'd like to remove). Can I just delete all my saves, uninstall LN and install Pets?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 04:57

Tarac wrote:Yes, that should be possible.
Another option is to download the Sims 3 again via ZLOrigin. You are updated to the latest version where you can choose the packs you want to play with.
wait, how does that work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:49

emmysmokes wrote:
Tarac wrote:Yes, that should be possible.
wait, how does that work?
See https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple?highlight=ZLOrigin+made#

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top