Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 game unable to start after install Get to Work pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Sims 4 game unable to start after install Get to Work pack Empty Sims 4 game unable to start after install Get to Work pack

Post by Guest Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:03

Hi there 
I have downloaded the Sims4 from your official website and  I installed the latest updated  which worked just fine. Due to a lack of space on my C drive I had to move the game to D drive and that was fine, it still worked,  though after I installed the "Get to Work" extention pack it stopped working and started to display an error message. I installed the latest fix for the game also from your website and the game worked, though without the get to work pack. Is there a way that you can help me please?
Thanks

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 4 game unable to start after install Get to Work pack Empty Re: Sims 4 game unable to start after install Get to Work pack

Post by Guest Sat 16 Sep 2017, 16:47

SamiAdel wrote:Hi there 
I have downloaded the Sims4 from your official website and  I installed the latest updated  which worked just fine. Due to a lack of space on my C drive I had to move the game to D drive and that was fine, it still worked,  though after I installed the "Get to Work" extention pack it stopped working and started to display an error message. I installed the latest fix for the game also from your website and the game worked, though without the get to work pack. Is there a way that you can help me please?
Thanks
The "Ultimate fix" must NEVER be used on The Sims 4 with additional DLC's.
It reduces your game to base game only.
Re-apply Get to Work - Get Together aso.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 4 game unable to start after install Get to Work pack Empty Re: Sims 4 game unable to start after install Get to Work pack

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 21:05

The "Ultimate fix" must NEVER be used on The Sims 4 with additional DLC's.
It reduces your game to base game only.
Re-apply Get to Work - Get Together aso.

Thanks for reply, I've done it before, I've moved the Get Togethe pack files to the sims 4 folder but I got the error message
like this photo
https://servimg.com/view/19457718/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 21:47

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Delete the file GameVersion.
Start your game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 07:51

totalsims wrote:Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Delete the file GameVersion.
Start your game again.
Thanks for your reply,I went to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 I searched for a file named "GameVersion", but I did not find it, I found another file Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ game\bin the game named "Default", and deleted it. after that I successfully run the game with get to work extention pack.

But now I have other problems and I hope you can help me  Crying or Very sad
First: and this is most important to me, that Mods are no longer works, although the game reads it correctly.
When you play the game, this message appears normally

but in the game options the "Enable Custom Content and Mods" choice doesn't  appear it just "script mods" choice I make sure to tick on it.
and I Deleted the Cache Files already

Is there a way to make it work again?

I noticed that the Toddlers are no longer work, and maybe that because
they are associated with the Ultimate fix, do I have to download the Toddlers package separately?

When I enter the map, I get the Lama icon everywhere

the Diamonds, on the sims heads are no longer green anymore, it has become black, is this normal?

Thanks again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 14:48

Hi,

The black plumbob is most likely because you delete the Default.ini file inside the Game\Bin. Rather than deleting the file, you can just edit/tweak the lines inside (provided you know what you're doing). To change the values to green, open up your the file and see:
Code:
[PlumbBob]
playeractivecolor = 0.43, 0.78, 0.12, 1.00    # green
Save the lines above and your plumbob will turn back to green.

If the Toddler's are causing problems, I'd suggest re-installing Vampire ->
Delete Game folder -> Parenthood -> Fitness -> Tot's stuff again. The update-only fix, as mentioned, will delete any current DLCs installed, and thus, might caused the llama icon in-game or at the main menu. It will also be the reason why the Toddlers pack (and others) will no longer work.

To be safe, you can re-install the entire game, OR if you feel no other packs have issues (City Living and earlier), re-install the above as I had mentioned.

For the mods, go to Game options - Other and click restore defaults. See if you're able to check the enable CCs/Mods now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Sep 2017, 11:06

Ageha wrote:Hi,

The black plumbob is most likely because you delete the Default.ini file inside the Game\Bin. Rather than deleting the file, you can just edit/tweak the lines inside (provided you know what you're doing). To change the values to green, open up your the file and see:
Code:
[PlumbBob]
playeractivecolor = 0.43, 0.78, 0.12, 1.00    # green
Save the lines above and your plumbob will turn back to green.

If the Toddler's are causing problems, I'd suggest re-installing Vampire ->
Delete Game folder -> Parenthood -> Fitness -> Tot's stuff again. The update-only fix, as mentioned, will delete any current DLCs installed, and thus, might caused the llama icon in-game or at the main menu. It will also be the reason why the Toddlers pack (and others) will no longer work.

To be safe, you can re-install the entire game, OR if you feel no other packs have issues (City Living and earlier), re-install the above as I had mentioned.

For the mods, go to Game options - Other and click restore defaults. See if you're able to check the enable CCs/Mods now.

Thanks for responding to my post

I have edited the file named Default but it did not work and I got the error message, so I deleted the text containing the game version of the file, and I succeeded and the plumbob back to green.  Very Happy

I do not have any expansions in the game, just the Base game which was working with a Toddler age when use of "The Sims 4 Update-Only Ultimate fix", but after Installed the "Get to Work expansion" Toddler age no longer exists and there are no multiple options for gender like in the past in the text create a sim.  Crying or Very sad

For the mods I've done what you said to me but still does not work  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Sep 2017, 15:55

SamiAdel wrote:Thanks for responding to my post

I have edited the file named Default but it did not work and I got the error message, so I deleted the text containing the game version of the file, and I succeeded and the plumbob back to green.  Very Happy

I do not have any expansions in the game, just the Base game which was working with a Toddler age when use of "The Sims 4 Update-Only Ultimate fix", but after Installed the "Get to Work expansion" Toddler age no longer exists and there are no multiple options for gender like in the past in the text create a sim.  Crying or Very sad

For the mods I've done what you said to me but still does not work  Why God.
Hey there,

I see. Regarding the expansion, am I correct that you installed the base game followed by the ultimate fix, and THEN installed Get to Work? In that case, most probably your Toddlers will be gone, as well as any updates/patches that came out with toddlers. Unfortunately, for our DLCs to work, you need to install it by order here. In this case, in order to get Toddlers to work again, you need to install Get Together -> City Living -> Vampire (Toddler). Take not to stay away from the update-only fix posted in this forum since it will DELETE your future DLCs.

If the mods still does not work, then either try updating the game as I mentioned above, or re-install the game again. Curious, will the CCs still appear if the checkbox is not there? Alternatively, try moving out the Options.ini and UserSettings.ini found in Documents\EA\The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Sep 2017, 19:23

Hey there,

I see. Regarding the expansion, am I correct that you installed the base game followed by the ultimate fix, and THEN installed Get to Work? In that case, most probably your Toddlers will be gone, as well as any updates/patches that came out with toddlers. Unfortunately, for our DLCs to work, you need to install it by order here. In this case, in order to get Toddlers to work again, you need to install Get Together -> City Living -> Vampire (Toddler). Take not to stay away from the update-only fix posted in this forum since it will DELETE your future DLCs.

If the mods still does not work, then either try updating the game as I mentioned above, or re-install the game again. Curious, will the CCs still appear if the checkbox is not there? Alternatively, try moving out the Options.ini and UserSettings.ini found in Documents\EA\The Sims 4.
so I have to download all these extensions, this will take me some time, Internet speed is slow, please wait for me reply
Thank you all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Sep 2017, 12:29

SamiAdel wrote:so I have to download all these extensions, this will take me some time, Internet speed is slow, please wait for me reply
Thank you all
Of course, there's no need to rush. You can just update me whenever here on this topic. 
Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top