Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 UC laggy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 UC laggy. Empty The Sims 2 UC laggy.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Oct 2017, 22:38

Hello,I have an amd a6 5400k overclocked to 4.0 ghz,and an amd Radeon hd 7540d that has 512 mb dedicated memory. And 5 gb ram,windows 10, the game loads fine but despite turning all the graphic settings down to the lowest possible I still get lag,especially when rotating the camera or whenever sims come to my house,I have removed securom and use the dvd crack,compatibility mode don’t fix it,lowering the resolution won’t help any,I’ve tried graphics rule maker and it didn’t seem to do much better,I am at my wits end here,please help me. EDIT: normal speed works great,but on ultra speed and rotating the camera is where all the lag comes in.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 UC laggy. Empty Re: The Sims 2 UC laggy.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Oct 2017, 12:57

Gatewaypc wrote:Hello,I have an amd a6 5400k overclocked to 4.0 ghz,and an amd Radeon hd 7540d that has 512 mb dedicated memory. And 5 gb ram,windows 10, the game loads fine but despite turning all the graphic settings down to the lowest possible I still get lag,especially when rotating the camera or whenever sims come to my house,I have removed securom and use the dvd crack,compatibility mode don’t fix it,lowering the resolution won’t help any,I’ve tried graphics rule maker and it didn’t seem to do much better,I am at my wits end here,please help me. EDIT: normal speed works great,but on ultra speed and rotating the camera is where all the lag comes in.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

By "UC", are you talking about the Ultimate Collection of The Sims 2, on Origin? Or the torrent from Games4theworld? Are you playing other games on that computer as well, and if so, what is the performance there?

Does this computer have two (2) graphics cards maybe? If so, maybe you could check out this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23881-game-doesn-t-start-no-specific-error-fix

It's written for TS3, but if it applies to your hardware system, it may still be worth a shot. Good luck!

P.S. I assume you removed SecuROM, and THEN added the No-CD file for Mansion and garden stuff, in that order?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Oct 2017, 17:38

its the one from origin,and yes I removed securom before I applied the crack.
and no,i don't have dual graphics.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Oct 2017, 20:02

On the risk that I will sound like a broken record, did you at any point "update" your TS2 UC on Origin, after you applied the crack?

The Sims 2 UC laggy. Screen10

Because if you "update" the game that way, it will also re-install SecuROM.

I don't know anymore what the situation is like today, but if I remember correctly back then you were able to start Origin and then run the game WITHOUT actually downloading the update. Maybe nowadays you must apply the update before playing any game.

Have you also tried removing SecuROM + applying the crack + running the game without Origin? That should also be doable. You can run the game from the cracked Sims2EP9.exe.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Oct 2017, 20:47

thankyou for you're replies,but I don't have origin open when I play,and I didn't ever update the sims 2 game.

//EDIT

EDIT:i download windows 7(home premium)(64-bit) from this website and spent all day installing updates/drivers,and i downloaded the UC from this website aswell,lag is gone and games are totally playable!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Oct 2017, 18:17

Gatewaypc wrote:EDIT: I download windows 7(home premium)(64-bit) from this website and spent all day installing updates/drivers,and i downloaded the UC from this website aswell,lag is gone and games are totally playable!

Sorry for the belated reply,

That is very interesting; I do know that Windows 7 is "more" compatible with SecuROM than is Windows 10. Then again some observers point out that Windows 7 is getting 'old', and therefore should not be used anymore. I would not have expected this, but glad to hear you found a workaround!

Feel free to keep us posted in the thread here, I suppose. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 18:55

thanks,my computer came with windows 8.1 originally,but it updated to windows 10 then windows 10 anniversary then windows 10 creators,my guess is somehow wrong drivers got installed onto the machine,through all those upgrade processes.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Oct 2017, 00:15

Gatewaypc wrote:thanks,my computer came with windows 8.1 originally,but it updated to windows 10 then windows 10 anniversary then windows 10 creators,my guess is somehow wrong drivers got installed onto the machine,through all those upgrade processes.

I actually haven't tested the game yet on my new installation of Windows 10; back then though I can't say I noticed any real performance problems. Removed SecuROM, applied a fresh No-CD file, and off I went.

Granted, I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 (with a pirated .ISO), and not an upgrade which seems to cause various problems with users. Maybe I will do more research and see if the newer Win 10 updates could have "done" something else that interferes with the game.

Warning: TEA
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Oct 2017, 02:28

that'd be great if you did that,because i plan on getting a gaming pc this christmas.
its going to have an amd fx 6300,amd radeon r7 240(2 gb),and 8 gb ram.(with windows 10),please let me know if you find any issues in windows 10,thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Nov 2017, 21:45

Gatewaypc wrote:that'd be great if you did that,because i plan on getting a gaming pc this christmas.
its going to have an amd fx 6300,amd radeon r7 240(2 gb),and 8 gb ram.(with windows 10),please let me know if you find any issues in windows 10,thanks!

Sorry for the belated reply, WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Please try downloading the tool here and install it:
https://goo.gl/gzFFYe

This is the "graphics rule maker", supporting games such as SimCity 4 and The Sims 2. For a guide on using this tool, see for example this post here. It may be possible that your graphics card is not included in the default database of The Sims 2. Good luck!

Piece of cake.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top