Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot uninstall simpacks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot uninstall simpacks Empty Cannot uninstall simpacks

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 21:20

I'm not sure whether this is a mac specific problem, but I'm thinking it might be, so here goes:

I can play my game just fine, for the most part -- rare debug errors, but if I save regularly the crashing doesn't cause me too much grief.

When I scroll down through my installed content list (all of the simpacks) about halfway down the list I get a debug error. So I'm thinking one of my simpacks must be corrupted, and it might be something to do with Lunar Lakes because the tree of prosperity isn't working correctly in my game. When I try to download the mac store patch from you, it says that the game content is updated but never actually patches the files.

Do I need to just reinstall everything? x.x is there an easier way to fix this? Can I uninstall simpacks without entering the sims dock?

Back to top Go down

Cannot uninstall simpacks Empty Re: Cannot uninstall simpacks

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 23:09

You can go to Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3. Rename it. Open the launcher. Go to The Sims 3 again and you'll see there's a new file call The Sims 3 and the one you renamed. Delete the one you renamed. You'll have a fresh game with only expansions installed. If you want to continue to play your saved game. Backup the file name 'Saves' in the same address (Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3) and then replace it in the new 'The Sims 3' file.

Let me know if you need anything.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top