Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Anonymizer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free Anonymizer Empty Free Anonymizer

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 05:59

My ISP is one of the six participating in the U.S. new (but the opposite of improved) "six srikes" system. This system is so broken it will get you in trouble even for perfectly legal torrents, such as ubuntu.

I know about VPNs, proxies, and other methods of anonymizing torrent use. However, they are all paid services. I do not feel comfortable paying to torrent stuff, so I'm looking for free alternatives.

The only one out there seems to be Anomos. It is supposedly designed to be autonomous. It doesn't work with normal torrent files, but since most websites have magent links that is not much of a problem.

I am wondering if anyone here is able to give me any information as to whether or not it actually works. The website does say it's experimental, but it's still probably better than nothing.

Back to top Go down

Free Anonymizer Empty Re: Free Anonymizer

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 06:05

I've tried this before- its very user friendly- but if it will work for your problem I'm not sure

Tor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 06:07

Technically speaking (and I mean technical as in computer stuff not the figure of speech) it would work for my problem. However tor has specifically stated they do not allow torrents on their network.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 05 Mar 2013, 20:56

Hello there,

Chicken0895 wrote:(...) but since most websites have magent links that is not much of a problem.
I don't think it works that way though, since they'll still see that you're downloading the actual torrent. Magnet links just make things a little bit easier on both ends (hoster and downloader), but instead of you downloading the .torrent file, your Bittorrent client will do so.

Isubasa wrote:I've tried this before- its very user friendly- but if it will work for your problem I'm not sure

Tor
Indeed, I'm afraid Tor! doesn't support P2P networks. A lot of VPN solutions don't, so be sure to read the small letters carefully.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male