Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect startup issue w/ Mac and Boot Camp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mass Effect startup issue w/ Mac and Boot Camp Empty Mass Effect startup issue w/ Mac and Boot Camp

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2011, 21:14

I downloaded the torrent from TPB and the installation and everything goes just fine. I'm using a 13'' MacBook Pro, 2.26 Duo-Core, 4 GB Ram, 256 Video card. I installed a Windows 7 Ultimate torrent on a Boot Camp partition and it works great, but I can't get the Mass Effect.exe to get started. I've gone through what seems like all of the troubleshooting steps provided in the other threads to no avail.

Mass Effect startup issue w/ Mac and Boot Camp Mass_e11
[img]Mass Effect startup issue w/ Mac and Boot Camp Mass_e10[/img]

Help?

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect startup issue w/ Mac and Boot Camp Empty Re: Mass Effect startup issue w/ Mac and Boot Camp

Post by Admin Fri 06 May 2011, 22:31

Hello,

First of all, the Mass Effect series are on huge sale on www.store.steampowered.com at the moment. I really recommend you take a look at that, because it's ending tonight.

Have you tried Googling the error? And did you extract the downloaded .rar file using WinRar? (No other software, just WinRar!)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect startup issue w/ Mac and Boot Camp Empty Re: Mass Effect startup issue w/ Mac and Boot Camp

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 00:59

I initially downloaded the torrent on my Mac side, so I extracted using UnRarX. Its an absolute pain to transfer the .rar file over to my Windows side, so I will probably just re-download the torrent from the Windows side and try extracting with WinRAR. It seems like with one of those screenshots that there are files missing? Is that because it wasn't extracted with WinRAR?

Seems this is a common issue though with graphics cards and drivers. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 07 May 2011, 01:03

clgwaltney wrote:I initially downloaded the torrent on my Mac side, so I extracted using UnRarX. Its an absolute pain to transfer the .rar file over to my Windows side, so I will probably just re-download the torrent from the Windows side and try extracting with WinRAR. It seems like with one of those screenshots that there are files missing? Is that because it wasn't extracted with WinRAR?

Seems this is a common issue though with graphics cards and drivers. Thanks for the suggestions.
Hello,

It is possible that you are missing files, since other software than WinRar usually mess up the installation / files. I recommend you do the following:

1. Update your graphic card's drivers and restart your PC afterwards.
2. When the downloading (.rar) is done on your PC, please extract the file as following:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top