Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I buy a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and a Blue Ray player?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I buy a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and a Blue Ray player? Empty Should I buy a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and a Blue Ray player?

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2011, 03:49

Should I buy a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and a Blue Ray player?
My mom and I have been discussing blue ray players and gaming systems lately. We already have a Wii, but now we are discussing getting a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and we really want a blue ray player. I know PS3 has a blue ray player, but I know I really like the Xbox. I have been trying to research it a little but the lingo is past my understanding. I really like to play Guitar Hero and Rock Band games and stuff like that. I've browsed the games for both, and both systems have about the same amount of games I would like. All my friends have Xbox and if I could figure it out I would love to play with them on Xbox live, but wouldn't care much if I couldn't. We love watching movies, and I know we would get a lot of use out of a blue ray player and we really want one. I just don't know if I would like a PS3, but I also heard Xbox can have alot of problems, so I'm stuck. I'm looking for someone that knows about both systems and could tell me what would fit me better. So my question is, should I just get an Xbox 360 and a blue ray player or just get a PS3? Oh and any suggestions on what exactly I should get, I've seen there are a few different kinds of each and don't really know what I need. I don't want to spend money on stuff I don't need or wont use. And does PS3 play PS2 games, because I have some left from before I gave away my PS2.

------------------------
PS3 controller
Xbox 360 Controller
R4 3DS

Back to top Go down

Should I buy a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and a Blue Ray player? Empty Re: Should I buy a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and a Blue Ray player?

Post by Admin Wed 11 May 2011, 16:28

Hello,

I don't have a PS3 or a Xbox, but I have played on a Xbox 360 once. Personally, I like the Xbox 360 more. Two reasons: it's from Microsoft =), so you can share the stuff on your (Windows) PC over the network and for example stream them to your TV. (So you could watch movies from your PC on your TV)
Besides that, I like the controller, it fits great in your hands. Also, the console itself isn't very expensive, compared to the PS3.

I don't understand why people are so crazy about getting a PS3. It's expensive (The games ánd the console) and I'm not really keen on the controller. It's small and looks too "old" for me. The Blue-Ray player is a good addition, but it has also some problems with some systems. Talking about problems; you shouldn't not consider a Xbox 360, just because people say it has a lot of problems. Only in rare cases you get problems with them, don't worry about that.

Since all your friends have a Xbox 360, you may consider getting one of those. Also, if I'm right, you have to pay a monthly or yearly subscription for PS3 just to play games online. (I'm not sure if it was the PS3 or Xbox, but still it's crazy that you have to pay for that too!)

Anyhow, someone who actually owns the control could probably give some better advice. I am a console hater, but if I have to choose, I'll choose Xbox 360 without doubt.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Should I buy a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and a Blue Ray player? Empty Re: Should I buy a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and a Blue Ray player?

Post by Michael Myers Thu 12 May 2011, 17:11

Uhm, I think you should buy a PS3. Why'd you pay for playing live while you can do it for free? The only con in your situation is that your friends have an Xbox, so I assume you'd like to play with your friends. But there's this one hell of an epic game called God of War, but that's only for the PS2/3. And if you like Halo more, you could always buy an Xbox 360 because there's no Halo for the PS3. So yeah. The only fact that I like about the Xbox 360 is that it was released on my birthday, 2nd of December.. (at least, that was the date it was released here)
Michael Myers
Michael Myers
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : Every Horror Survival Game

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 03:13

This topics old but in my opinion go for xbox, or get both like me. I like the feel of the xbox better. Both systems offer games that the other does not. So in reality it depends on the games you want to play. Final fantasy use to be a sony only game but now they extend to the xbox to some extent. If you prefer games like halo then go with the xbox.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top