Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Fix (No Expansions)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Fix (No Expansions) Empty Sims 3 Fix (No Expansions)

Post by Guest Sun 29 May 2011, 13:38

Ok so I already installed Sims 3 on my mac but whenever to use disk image for Late Nights, it just never finishes (2 hours) and it says the Resource is temporarily unavailable so I just decided to try and do the fix without the expansions. (I used winrar to extract it) Do I disk image the whole folder? or the folder where all the files are?

and do I NEED the expansions and if so, which ones?

I tried doing the ultimate fix but it doesn't work

First I got the 2 files from the Base game and then when I tried to update the launcher says its not a retail copy of sims 3 and need to purchase it so it won't let me update then I just tried to put the cracks in from the #cracks but it still didnt work

So it's either it doesn't initialize or it just stays blank..

please help?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Fix (No Expansions) Empty Re: Sims 3 Fix (No Expansions)

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2011, 15:31

You must use this version of Stuffit expander http://megaupload.com/?d=BS7H6NFX to extract any of the files.

Download this, then extract the files using this. Let me know how you get on, it should work then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2011, 01:48

Oh ok, I'll have to redownload it since I deleted the rar when I extracted with winrar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2011, 05:41

Ok so I ended up using that extracter and was able to install Late Nights and World Adventures and install it and update it,

I followed the instructions from http://www.games4theworld.org/index_files/Torrent%20files/The%20Sims%203%20MAC%20Guide.pdf

and got the Fixes and cracks.

BUT the base game STILL doesn't load or even update...it just crashes and that's it.

But on the The_Sims_3_fix_MAC.rar folder, the instructions SAYS I need to install OUTDOOR Livings also, do I stil have to install it? and since I updated my Late Nights and World Adv, will I have to reinstall everything to do the crack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2011, 22:15

Please try this crack for late night and let me know.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1015211641/SOS_S3_LateNight_6.2.40_NoDVD.zip

I don't understand the part where you're trying to load the base game if you have expansions installed.. Unless you meant the game as a whole?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2011, 03:08

Oh and are we REQUIRED to install Outdoor livings for this crack to work?

I tried the file from above and put it on the Late Nights game bin but it still doesn't start the game and when I double click it, it tries to open it then it closes automatically.

The instructions says

1. First check which expansions you've installed. ONLY follow the instructions for the expansions you
have installed, IGNORE THE OTHER STEPS! (Step 8 to 14 apply to »veryone!)
2. Install our Late Night ·nd Outdoor Living Stuff release from www.games4theworld.org . (Otherwise the launcher still won't start)

and here's the part of the updating part...

10. Now, open the The Sims 3 launcher and navigate to the "Update" -tab. Choose "Refresh". If a new update shows, install it.
12. When done updating, completely close the game and the launcher. (Also from the system tray!)

I updated Late nights AND world adventures, but am I suppose to update the base game also? it doesn't update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2011, 03:11

So you're saying the launcher isn't opening? This is what it sounds like you're saying when you say you double clicked it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2011, 04:33

Yes, I did everything in the guide and the updates and also installed the cracks correctly. All of the Sims and the expansions keep crashing when I open them.

It just shows Sims 3 Logo then 2 seconds later it closes.

Do you think I should just reinstall everything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2011, 04:37

Please tell me what version of Mac OS X you're running.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2011, 04:49

I'm running Version 10.6.7

Macbook Pro Mid 2009

I think Snow Leopard

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP541

I'm in the process of reinstalling sims but it would be appreciated if theres any other help you can give me.

And also, I have a pre cracked version of Sims 3 from a different torrent and works perfectly, I know if I update it, it will stop working so do you think I should just use that? or use the Sims 3 from games4theworld?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2011, 04:53

Hmm well your version of os x is fine.
All I can suggest if it's just bouncing in the dock and then vanishing is what you're already in the process of doing, re-installing the sims.

Let me know if you carry on getting errors after re-installing, I'm off to bed now anyway so I'll reply tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2011, 05:28

Ok so I think I found my problem, when I downloaded your Stuffit and installed it, it asked me to update it and I did...my version is now 14.01

That's what I used to extract the rars and then I deleted them because it took too much space

So do I HAVE to use a certain version of Stuffit for Outdoor Livings and Late Nights and World Adv? So am I gonna have to redownload the rars?.....

ugh, I'll keep trying with the dmg's I created and see how it goes tonight. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 02 Jun 2011, 11:48

Hello,

Yes, you really need this version of Stuffit Expander: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1142-read-before-posting-anything-related-to-the-sims-3

Don't update it!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 02:09

Ok I reinstalled stuffit to THAT version and when I extracted it, and finished...it closes but it doesn't give any errors. Is that normal? I just wanna make sure because I don't wanna delete the rars and then find out I gotta redownload them again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 02:13

Yes that's normal. If you're using the version I've given in the download link all should be fine Very Happy

It's mad I know but for some reason, only that version of Stuffit expander works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 04:23

*Edit

Reinstalling now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:48

Ok I reinstalled EVERYTHING and downloaded things from scratch. Downloaded THE version of stuffit and didn't update it, made everything into a dmg. and installed everything. and followed the instructions step by step and put the cracks and it still doesn't open.

I even tried the Late Nights crack you have put up there.

What's weird is it only asks to update Late Nights and Outdoor Livings, never prompted me to update the base game or I can't even see the refresh to update the base game before putting in the cracks.

Could it be that EA's new update preventing the cracks from "the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems" NOT work? and I noticed it says OUTDATED, so does that mean we have to wait?

I followed these instructions step by step

The Sims 3 update / play fix - Mac Installation Guide

Updated on: 8-02-2011 (For latest version only download from: www.games4theworld.org/Fixes/The_Sims_3_fix_MAC.rar !)

**THIS MAC FIX IS STILL IN B…TA, SO IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK FOR US, PLEASE SEND IT TOO: Games4theworld@hotmail.com AND START THE SUBJECT WITH "TS3 MAC fix feedback". Thank you.**

----------------------------------------

1. First check which expansions you've installed. ONLY follow the instructions for the expansions you
have installed, IGNORE THE OTHER STEPS! (Step 8 to 14 apply to »veryone!)
2. Install our Late Night ·nd Outdoor Living Stuff release from www.games4theworld.org . (Otherwise the launcher still won't start)

3. For The Sims 3 - base game: open the "Base Game" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications, then the The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

4. For The Sims 3 - World Adventures: open the "World Adventures" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications, then the The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: World Adventures icon. Now, click "Show original", then right-click on The Sims 3: World Adventures and click "Show Package Contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 World Adventures/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

5. For The Sims 3 - High End Loft Stuff: open the "High End Loft Stuff" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications, then the The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff icon. Now, click "Show original", then right-click on the The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff and click "Show Package Contents" and navigate to Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

6. For The Sims 3 - Ambitions: open the "Ambitions" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications, then the The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: Ambitions icon. Now, click "Show original", then right-click on the The Sims 3: Ambitions and now click "Show Package Contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Ambitions/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

7. For The Sims 3 - Fast Lane Stuff: open the "Fast Lane Stuff" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications, then the The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff icon. Now. click "Show original", then right-click on the The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff and now click "Show Package Contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

8. For The Sims 3 - Late Night: open the "Late Night" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications, then the The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: Late Night icon. Now, click "Show original", then right-click on the The Sims 3: Late Night and now click "Show Package Contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

9. For The Sims 3 - Outdoor Living Stuff: open the "Outdoor Living Stuff" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications, then the The Sims 3 folder and then right-click th The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff icon. Now, click "Show original", then right-click on the The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff and now click "Show Package Contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

10. Now, open the The Sims 3 launcher and navigate to the "Update" -tab. Choose "Refresh". If a new update shows, install it.
12. When done updating, completely close the game and the launcher. (Also from the system tray!)

13. Open the "# Crack" folder in this .rar file and apply all* cracks for the game(s) you have installed on your system. (Just do as described in step 1 to 7, but now with the folders in the "# Crack" folder)
14. When you've applied all cracks, start the game and... ENJOY playing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:38

So, the game opens now then? Well at least we've fixed that issue :LOL!:

Now.. all we need to do is find a working crack for the game then it should be all good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 13:11

Actually when I try to run it, it just bounces on the dock and then you see the Sims 3 logo and then crashes again :[ so yeah, it doesn't even reach the Launcher

Maybe the problem is the same as the problem with Sims Medeival?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 13:15

To be honest, I think you may be having the same issue as before with the version of stuffit. If you've still got the newer version on your system and you just double click the .rar file to extract it will automatically open with the newest version of stuffit. To get around this you have to right click and go to open with and select the version I posted (not the latest one). This may be the reason, may.

If it isn't, I'll check out the problem with the sims medieval, I wasn't around when that was released nor did I download it myself, so I personally haven't experienced the issues hands on with that game. But.. I'll still try my best to assist you if it isn't the problem I mentioned above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 06:58

Or could it be that the Fix is outdated for mac? I just tried to install it on a PC and learned that you NEED Generations in order for it to work

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 12:58

bryan23 wrote:Or could it be that the Fix is outdated for mac? I just tried to install it on a PC and learned that you NEED Generations in order for it to work

Hello,

Yes, the Fix for Mac is certainly out-dated. I need the help of a Mac'r to help me update it...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 13:03

bryan23 wrote:Or could it be that the Fix is outdated for mac? I just tried to install it on a PC and learned that you NEED Generations in order for it to work

This has nothing to do with the launcher opening.. The crack doesn't affect the launcher so this is not the problem..

Also, the guide works for everyone else (the launcher opening) except you. The only problem at the moment that I can see for other users is the crack as I've seen elsewhere people are looking for the latest crack for late night on mac.

Admin wrote:
Yes, the Fix for Mac is certainly out-dated. I need the help of a Mac'r to help me update it...

I'll get it installed again soon just a bit busy coding my site atm. I uninstalled the sims ages ago and when I uninstalled it everything was working fine. To be honest, all I'm going to find is that I need a new crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 13:30

Dale wrote:

This has nothing to do with the launcher opening.. The crack doesn't affect the launcher so this is not the problem..

Also, the guide works for everyone else (the launcher opening) except you. The only problem at the moment that I can see for other users is the crack as I've seen elsewhere people are looking for the latest crack for late night on mac.

Admin wrote:

I'll get it installed again soon just a bit busy coding my site atm. I uninstalled the sims ages ago and when I uninstalled it everything was working fine. To be honest, all I'm going to find is that I need a new crack.
Hello,

Ok, then I'll just place the new cracks from Windows in the Mac Fix. It'll be done in an hour.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top