Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Won't Open After Installing Expansion Packs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3  Won't Open After Installing Expansion Packs Empty Sims 3 Won't Open After Installing Expansion Packs

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 01:42

The Sims 3 plumbob Hello,
I have installed the Sims 3, and it worked fine, until I decided to add expansion packs to it. I installed Late Night, and World Adventures. They both worked fine. Then, however, I installed Generations, and i didn't realize it at the time, that I went out of order. I need to install the expansion packs in order. The problem about this is that in the middle of this, one day I decided to update my game. It was right about after I installed generations. Now when I try to uninstall everything, it tells me to uninstall the current version of the game before uninstalling the game. "The setup has detected that version 1.50.056 of The Sims 3 is already installed

This setup installs an earlier version of The Sims 3 (1.0.631).

You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version"

Basically what I was trying to do was running the setup in order to uninstall the Sims.

Please help me with uninstalling the game, is there another way?
(Oh and I should have probably mentioned this earlier.... I'am using Linux)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3  Won't Open After Installing Expansion Packs Empty Re: Sims 3 Won't Open After Installing Expansion Packs

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 02:40

USE AT OWN RISK

if linux has a registry like windows and you are confident
a surefire way to get rid of the game is to remove the registry entries and delete the directory
sims 3 has from experience been very hard to remove from a computer

ONLY DELETE the entries that remove the sims 3
any more or less will cause system wide failure

Back to top Go down

Sims 3  Won't Open After Installing Expansion Packs Empty Re: Sims 3 Won't Open After Installing Expansion Packs

Post by invalidusername Fri 05 Apr 2013, 07:55

You definitely DON'T need to install the games in order like you did for earlier sims games. TS3 supports add ins in any order. I actually went all over the place in my installation (Everything I own, then whatever downloaded first), and it works perfectly fine (or as fine as the sims ever will).

I'd recommend downloading an uninstaller, like Your Uninstaller! Pro from the g4tw piratebay account. If you do go that route, use the option to completely remove all the files from that particular item so that everything pertaining to the sims is erased. (Backup any saves and important sim data first)
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top