Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but i HAVE to say it to the Admin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but i HAVE to say it to the Admin  Empty Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but i HAVE to say it to the Admin

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 19:28

I don't know if you'll bother reading this but I really hope you will.

I have bought over $300 on The Sims and EP's off of origin for about 2 years. They worked fine and dandy until I gave my origin out to people, and somehow my games got messed up with the "authorization" of Origin and some .dll file crashing ANY EP I installed, so I thought I was stuck with JUST the basegame to play until The Sims 4 came out. (And I had no idea at the time it would be so soon)

Anyway, I asked EA help, modthesims, EA guru's and EA techs.. they all tried to tell me that it was MY computer. MY brand new computer that can run The Sims 3 graphics flawlessly on high levels (could never do that before with any computer) couldn't run EP's which are SMALLER than the base game! Everyone said it was my computer and they couldn't help, or refused to help, no one replied to me on the forums when I asked for help; basically no one who knew what the hell they were doing would help me. And I googled this and posted it everywhere for 2 weeks to no avail.

Then I remembered this website, and thought "why not, nothing to lose" I installed university because it was the only game i REALLY wanted.. followed the instructions and sure enough, it worked without erroring me. As do all the other EPs I have downloaded from this wonderful website.

It's funny to think that I actually BOUGHT these games, legally, to play with through Origin. And I use a torrent and walah, it works amazingly, but the origin games are shit and could NEVER work and it's blamed on "my computer". Shows how much EA and their techs REALLY care.

The point of this is to say thank you, formally, because without you I would still be playing the base game with no EPs which means no fun! I admire the work it takes to put all of this into a torrent for people not willing to put up with EA's or Origin's crap. Seriously, you have a lifelong fan because this is amazing, thank you thank you thank you. Smile

Helper edit: Topic moved. This topic fits better into the "Thank you" section Wink

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but i HAVE to say it to the Admin  Empty Re: Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but i HAVE to say it to the Admin

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 08 May 2013, 20:21

Hello,

I'm glad we could help you!
If you ever have a problem or a question, don't hesitate to ask, we're happy to help.
And happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 Wink
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but i HAVE to say it to the Admin  Empty Re: Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but i HAVE to say it to the Admin

Post by Admin Thu 09 May 2013, 12:40

Hello ShayyBayy,

Remember that you're always welcome on the Games4theworld Forum! Don't bother contacting EA, I sometimes think they don't even know what they're talking about.

Glad to hear everything has worked just fine for you so far. If you do run into any problems though: you know where to find us! Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but i HAVE to say it to the Admin  611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 20:35

I had to comment here. I FEEL your pain. I did the same thing as you, up to Pets. I have very little money, and my game was BROKEN. I sent request after request for help. Waited week after week, for reponses basically saying in around about ways I was either an idiot, or my computer was sub-standard. NVM I built it myself, and it runs The Witcher 2, and anything else I try like a wet dream. EA is a sad excuse for a game company. Their customer service is flat lined at best. I got angry, and told them I would have sued them if I could have afforded a lawyer! You buy a game, it is supposed to work. Especially overpriced extra store content! >.> They simply posted an auto reply to have my legal department call theirs for any future communications. All I did was give them a way to stop replying... lol HelpShockedFacepalm  I am new here, but already I am seeing. This site is LOADED with information. Their game shares always work. I can swear to that personally. piratcheersSmile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top