Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 5 Empty *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 14:15

First topic message reminder :

~If you wish to stay up-to-date about the latest Games4theworld The Sims news, please join THIS mailinglist!~
DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS AND READ EVERY STEP VERY CAREFULLY. DO EXACTLY AS WRITTEN BELOW, EVERY SINGLE STEP, BEFORE POSTING THAT IT DOESN'T WORK!

Hello everyone,

Seen the fact that a lot people are having problems with The Sims 3, while it works just fine, I decided to create this "guide" to show you how to install The Sims 3 correctly. If you do it this way, you'll automatically get the latest working version of the game. The steps aren't hard to understand, just READ CAREFULLY and DO NOT skip any steps!

So, these are the steps (AGAIN: do not do anything else, just do EXACTLY as written below).

(Extra note: if you are unable to 'reach' the download sites for the Ultimate fix and/or the manual patch, temporarily disable any browser adblockers; please refer to the disclaimer here for more information about the topic).

*********START***********Read each step carefully!***********START*********
Updated on: 6-12-2013

1. Download and install the The Sims 3 base game. (You may skip the "# Crack" folder. You DO NOT need to use the "# Crack"!)

2. After installing the base game, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: https://www.games4theworld.club/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v1-67-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

3. Install any expansion or stuff packs that you want. You can install as many as you want. (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)

4. Finally we have to crack the game; RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

5. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

6. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

*********END***********Read each step carefully!***********END*********

Extra note: all those folders in the Fix ARE NOT cracks, those are the original files needed to update the game, without getting the "Invalid File" error. The only crack files needed are the .dll and the .exe file in the "# Crack" folder.

Extra note 2: You'll need at least one of the following:

The Sims 3: Generations 
The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3: Pets
The Sims 3: Master Suite
The Sims 3: Showtime
The Sims 3: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff
The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3: Supernatural
The Sims 3: Seasons
The Sims 3: 70's, 80's & 90's Stuff
The Sims 3: University Life
The Sims 3: Island Paradise
The Sims 3: Movie Stuff
The Sims 3: Into the Future

Last edited by Admin on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 19:41; edited 38 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 5 Empty Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 22:40

I registered just to say thank you for this!
I have been a Sims player for years and have installed Sims 3 a good number of times (and in different computers; I have gotten a few people addicted to the game) but this time that I had to re-install it on my own computer it wasn't working correctly and not letting me play. So I found this thread and it was a life-saver! And I even got my base game updated to the latest version! So thank you so much. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 5 Empty Thank You

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:37

Hello, I would like to thank the admin for doing this fixes. Finally I was able to play The Sims 3 because of this site. I'm glad that I would finally enjoy playing The Sims 3 again. Thank you and God Bless Smile.

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 5 Empty Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 23:25

Thank you, Thank you, Thaaaaaaaaaank Youuuuuu...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 01:44

Thank you so much for this easy to follow guide. I'm officially making your site my go-to for safe and well working torrents! I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 01:41

I registered here just to tell you thank you for all your hard work!!! I have had so many problems getting Sims to work that I have actually deleted and re-installed in too many times to count. This work the first time out of the gate. Once again.. THANK YOU.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 10:57

I registered today just to say Thank You so much for this help. Been looking for a fix for my sims 3 on my Mac. I bought an expansion just to make this work, cross fingers while I wait for it to work and it work, it finally work. Thank you so much for your time and effort to help everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:41

Thanks a lot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 17:07

I know it's nearly a one month bump, but I too registered just to say thank you for all your hard work!

I had some trouble getting the thing working, but after taking a short break and coming back to it, I realized my mistake (not applying the stuff in the # Crack folder), and now it's all working. You guys are on the hero-tier. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 20:16

Thank you very much! :3 I've been searching for ages for a way to install Supernatural and Seasons! I'm installing Supernatural right now and I'm praying it works (through I have faith it will, since EVERYBODY here says it works!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 04:26

I have so much faith from this website, I RE-DOWNLOAD every single expansion from here!

I hope after all this finish I'll be able to play Smile Thank you so much for your hard work, Admin Smile)) I'll let you know how my game turns out later when I finish the downloads Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Apr 2013, 04:15

Hello, and thank you so much! I downloaded and installed all sims content and expansions correctly some months ago, and it gave me no problems at all!

But now I am getting an error telling me I do not have the seasons disk? Do I have to re-install, following these directions, or is there something I can do to fix this?

--EDIT--

Whoops, forgot to re-download the fix after patching, sorry! ^^;

Last edited by Loudst on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 04:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Situation likely resolved)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 00:08

first excuse me for my bad english lol! i registerd jast to tell you in arab Language kfooooooooo lol means you the man i love you gays thanks alot Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 01:04

I managed to follow this guide word for word...Haven't tested it yet, but hopefully it will work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 17:47

I messed up all my games, i had to uninstall them and start over. I did it this way followed every step and now really happy.
thank you!
I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 18:03

Oragami wrote:I managed to follow this guide word for word...Haven't tested it yet, but hopefully it will work!

It will work if you get your expansion in the right place.
And also remember to delete the file in regedit after uninstall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 00:17

Legend! I have just registered to say thank you so much I have been trying for 2 days to get sims 3 working none of the cracks worked but this worked perfect first time thank you!!

Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 14:42

Thank you so much ! I used to have a terrible crashing problem and I couldn't find a solution anywhere but now everything seems to be working just fine !
Thanks again ! I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:57

i wasted my whole summer finding a REAL sims 3...
i've downloaded about 5,sims2 & sims3 and i see this games4theworld thing. and i read all about sims 3 to how to install sims 3 correctly...

so thank you very much Very MUCH Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 18:25

One more kick at my sanity, the trial of getting Sims3 to work. I've followed the directions to the letter in all the installing and updates as they get into place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 17:54

Hi all.

First off, I would like to say a big thank you to the Games4theworld team for all that they are doing..
ok, here is my problem... I have been running the (no throwing up lol) black box versions of the sims until I saw all yours and downloaded them. I removed the others from my system including inside the registry. I installed the base game ( from your downloads ) and it works a treat. only problem I am having now is that, when I go to add an expansion ( for example, World Adventures ) and I follow the instructions located in the rar file, all I keep getting is a pop up when I start the launcher saying there was a problem during start-up...

I know its not much, and this is the first time of using your versions, and it sounds probably stupid and simple, but I can not figure out the problem for the life of me.. any help would be appriciated..

Az

P.S. I also have the ultimate update fix, but the problem started after I installed the 6 patches in folder number 3 in World Adventures and I am also running the sims on a 64bit computer

***EDIT***
~slaps head after watching a games4theworld video~
Ok, think I found out the problem.. was some MORE files that black box left in the registry.. got rid of them and I am now re-installing the base game as well as the expansion.. fingers crossed... sorry to have bothered anyone with this simple problem

***Double Edit***
Thanks the magic videos from you guys, the problem has now been fixed.. now I can play all my favorite games woohoo. lol.. thank you all again and I hope to continue to use games4theworld items in the future. You guys rock!!!! *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 5 294340757

Admin edit: Good to hear your problem was fixed. Don't hesitate to post if you have a problem you can't fix, but please do so by opening a new topic in the appropriate section, thank you!

- Lady ElDi.

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 21:38; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : problem fixed)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 05:22

Thank you!! I use the manual patch Very Happy And I haven't crack any expansion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 00:43

OMG!!!! It totally worked!!! I'm so excited! Thank you guys so so so so so very much!!!!

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 5 Empty Thank you sooo much!!

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 06:05

First of all, I just wanted to say THANK-YOU SO MUCH for this!

Secondly, I've been looking everywhere to find out why I cannot update to 1.55, then I decided to come back to games4theworld, and Thankfully came to this page again, (even though I already have everything installed and patched perfectly! Razz Wink

Again, Thank you so much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun 2013, 16:47

Hi there,

First of all, cheeeeeers for the guide! I followed the instructions above and game worked perfectly, though I realised I'd forgotten to download Ambitions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 00:27

thank you for your guide!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 21:11

This is so easy to understand, and it's all here. There a few gaming companies "couph EA! Razz" that could learn from you. I went through hell getting mine to work. This is sooo much easier. When I redo mine today for the new expansion. "Mine is still a little glitched". I will use this guide, and the provided links this time. BOOKMARKED! Thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 08:51

First of all, thank you guys for providing all of this, it's really amazing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top