Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 Empty *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 14:15

First topic message reminder :

~If you wish to stay up-to-date about the latest Games4theworld The Sims news, please join THIS mailinglist!~
DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS AND READ EVERY STEP VERY CAREFULLY. DO EXACTLY AS WRITTEN BELOW, EVERY SINGLE STEP, BEFORE POSTING THAT IT DOESN'T WORK!

Hello everyone,

Seen the fact that a lot people are having problems with The Sims 3, while it works just fine, I decided to create this "guide" to show you how to install The Sims 3 correctly. If you do it this way, you'll automatically get the latest working version of the game. The steps aren't hard to understand, just READ CAREFULLY and DO NOT skip any steps!

So, these are the steps (AGAIN: do not do anything else, just do EXACTLY as written below).

(Extra note: if you are unable to 'reach' the download sites for the Ultimate fix and/or the manual patch, temporarily disable any browser adblockers; please refer to the disclaimer here for more information about the topic).

*********START***********Read each step carefully!***********START*********
Updated on: 6-12-2013

1. Download and install the The Sims 3 base game. (You may skip the "# Crack" folder. You DO NOT need to use the "# Crack"!)

2. After installing the base game, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: https://www.games4theworld.club/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v1-67-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

3. Install any expansion or stuff packs that you want. You can install as many as you want. (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)

4. Finally we have to crack the game; RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

5. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

6. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

*********END***********Read each step carefully!***********END*********

Extra note: all those folders in the Fix ARE NOT cracks, those are the original files needed to update the game, without getting the "Invalid File" error. The only crack files needed are the .dll and the .exe file in the "# Crack" folder.

Extra note 2: You'll need at least one of the following:

The Sims 3: Generations 
The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3: Pets
The Sims 3: Master Suite
The Sims 3: Showtime
The Sims 3: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff
The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3: Supernatural
The Sims 3: Seasons
The Sims 3: 70's, 80's & 90's Stuff
The Sims 3: University Life
The Sims 3: Island Paradise
The Sims 3: Movie Stuff
The Sims 3: Into the Future

Last edited by Admin on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 19:41; edited 38 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 Empty Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Thu 12 Apr 2012, 19:22

Thank you for the tutorial.

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 Empty Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 21:10

thank you very much for this useful tutorial!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Apr 2012, 04:01

I thank you so much for being here. I used to be extremely wary of everything I download, especially big files (and I still am wary), but you're one of the few download sources that I trust. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 09:27

YAY!!! I got it working!

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 Empty Kitten7989

Post by Guest Fri 27 Apr 2012, 04:21

Its working im so happy to find this page love it =o))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 Empty Incredible!!!!

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 00:32

Bonjour !
==>hello

Sorry for my bad english

je vous ecris de France
==>i write fom FR

J'ai pris connaissance de ton site par hasard
==>I have read your site by accident...WAOUHHHHH!!!

I installed sims 3 like you said it .....its work very very nice

Merci..merçi...merçi
==>thank you !....thank you !....thank you !

Fr65 !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 08:37

Thank You soooooo much it worked, I am soooo happy! The Sims 3 plumbob bounce cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 May 2012, 06:18

thank you so much for this project. it has made my girfriend verry happy =D

although it took me about 6 hours to complete, in the end, just reading the original post in this thread step by step, PLUS using the downloads from this specific website let me to finally be able to install all expansions lol

i know its hard for alot of you but trust me, after doing the steps in order, you will NOT get an error message. one mistake i noticed i was doing is copy/pasting the base sim crack TS3 file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin when in the installation guide for this folder it clearly states (instruction #9) to copy/paste to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. other than that, i followed the instructions here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-10-01-2012 JUST in case nothing else worked. (because it might be a pc setting that you have wrong as opposed of a bad downloaded file or step.

thanks devs for your hard work and patience with people. keep it up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jun 2012, 16:02

thank you soooooooooo much for your help.
i dont know how we could have done it without your help.
EVERYONE!!!!!!
HAIL FOR THE ADMIN!~!!!!!!!!!!!!

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 1577371209

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 Empty LOVE U!

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jun 2012, 16:10

THANK YOU THANK YOU

Registrered to say this.

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 1577371209

LOVE the game.

Installed Game Booster 3 (free Pro) and Jet Clean (free pro). And now my SIMS 3 and all games (except Outdoor Extra - couldn´t find the files in the regedit) run without problems, and my fan slows down, and do not overheat while running Medieval + P&N.

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 3479271199 JUST TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR GREAT WORK!

Now on to download ANNO for my hubby Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jun 2012, 20:01

tnx... it worked...

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 Empty MY saviors!

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jun 2012, 04:56

I must admit that i was scared of trying to install sims 3 and most of its expansions packs because i feared that it wouldnt work and that it may be a waste of time spending hours installing each one ...............
BUT IT DID WORK!!!!! SO I WANT TO SAYTHANKYOU SOOOO MUCH! I am very very very happy Very Happy Please keep up the great work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 23:53

It seems to be working. thaks a lot. *.*

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 Empty great work

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2012, 08:16

thank you!! works perfectly. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 15:13

This works ! Thanks you so much ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 00:18

Thank you for the great tutorial Admin! However, I'm kind of confused when it comes to installing World Adventures. You said that you don't need to apply any cracks, so I didn't after I installed the base game. The installation guide with WA started talking about cracks and all, so I ignored it and tried to install WA without doing any of that, which gave me an 'Invalid File' error when I pressed 'Update.' I repeated this step several times, trying to run as admin and everything, and finally patched The Sims 3, but then I couldn't find the SKU value in the Registry Editor. And yes, I did see your tutorial on how to fix that, thanks. Anyway, in order to install WA, do I need to patch The Sims 3, and then un-patch it? And if I don't need to, how do I do it without patching? It's fine if I do need to, I just want to know before I go installing everything and screw it all up. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Never mind, sorry, I was rushing. Noob Thanks so much for the great tutorial.

Last edited by Warrioress on Sat 30 Jun 2012, 01:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm an idiot.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jul 2012, 06:22

OMG thank you thank you. everything is running perfactly

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 Empty Ultimate fix

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 02:19

I registered only to say one thing... OMGBBQ!!!
I installed-reinstalled the whole game+addons 2 or 3 times until I came across this community...
I was a bit skeptical at the beggining and pissed off cause of a sim game that wont install...
Or it wont start, or I had serious lag issues, or missing textures all over the game or in the map view...
I reinstalled the game and the expansions using this fix and everything worked like it should
THX THX THX!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 00:55

Hi it worked perfectly on my Windows bootcamp, thanks... just out of curiosity, is there a way to install the sims 3 with all the expantions on a mac? i tried porting it by cider after installing it in windows but it wont run =S I have wanted to play it from my mac please help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:33

Thanks! It works PERFECTLY! I had all the expansions other than Katy Perry downloaded and installed from here, and they work!
I had small problems with the installation guides in each expansion though, they were a bit confusing in my opinion. However, I skipped all the "# Crack" parts, and mainly just installed the games one after one.
When I got to play, everything was like it should've been. The expansions worked, and I have not spotted any bugs yet.
The only problem I had was "Missing Texture" on paintings and sketches, but I easily solved it by Googling and deleting a few cache files.

So THANKS! All the expansions and stuff packs are working perfectly! I have not yet tried out the store expansions, but I'm looking forward to them!

The Sims Plumbob 1
Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 04:33

thank you so much.. it really helps.. i followed the instructions and tadahh it works great.. i have late night and master suite.. ty ty.. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jul 2012, 16:04

Ultimate fix never failed~
Woohoo!

Thank you so much! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 09:47

Oh thank you thank you THANK YOU!! Hammertime cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 03:52

Thank you Games4theworld for all that you guys do..... u r the best!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 22:26

You all are doing a great job. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 12:19

Thanks guys - This worked great.

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 2 Empty Thanks!

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 02:45

I'm using mac, and just follow the instructions and it works! Thank you so much! Smile

//EDIT

fsananez wrote:Hi it worked perfectly on my Windows bootcamp,
thanks... just out of curiosity, is there a way to install the sims 3
with all the expantions on a mac? i tried porting it by cider after
installing it in windows but it wont run =S I have wanted to play it
from my mac please help

Yes, it works on mac. just follow the instructions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top