Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 3 Empty *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 14:15

First topic message reminder :

~If you wish to stay up-to-date about the latest Games4theworld The Sims news, please join THIS mailinglist!~
DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS AND READ EVERY STEP VERY CAREFULLY. DO EXACTLY AS WRITTEN BELOW, EVERY SINGLE STEP, BEFORE POSTING THAT IT DOESN'T WORK!

Hello everyone,

Seen the fact that a lot people are having problems with The Sims 3, while it works just fine, I decided to create this "guide" to show you how to install The Sims 3 correctly. If you do it this way, you'll automatically get the latest working version of the game. The steps aren't hard to understand, just READ CAREFULLY and DO NOT skip any steps!

So, these are the steps (AGAIN: do not do anything else, just do EXACTLY as written below).

(Extra note: if you are unable to 'reach' the download sites for the Ultimate fix and/or the manual patch, temporarily disable any browser adblockers; please refer to the disclaimer here for more information about the topic).

*********START***********Read each step carefully!***********START*********
Updated on: 6-12-2013

1. Download and install the The Sims 3 base game. (You may skip the "# Crack" folder. You DO NOT need to use the "# Crack"!)

2. After installing the base game, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: https://www.games4theworld.club/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v1-67-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

3. Install any expansion or stuff packs that you want. You can install as many as you want. (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)

4. Finally we have to crack the game; RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

5. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

6. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

*********END***********Read each step carefully!***********END*********

Extra note: all those folders in the Fix ARE NOT cracks, those are the original files needed to update the game, without getting the "Invalid File" error. The only crack files needed are the .dll and the .exe file in the "# Crack" folder.

Extra note 2: You'll need at least one of the following:

The Sims 3: Generations 
The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3: Pets
The Sims 3: Master Suite
The Sims 3: Showtime
The Sims 3: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff
The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3: Supernatural
The Sims 3: Seasons
The Sims 3: 70's, 80's & 90's Stuff
The Sims 3: University Life
The Sims 3: Island Paradise
The Sims 3: Movie Stuff
The Sims 3: Into the Future

Last edited by Admin on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 19:41; edited 38 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 3 Empty Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 12:19

Thanks guys - This worked great.

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 3 Empty Thanks!

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 02:45

I'm using mac, and just follow the instructions and it works! Thank you so much! Smile

//EDIT

fsananez wrote:Hi it worked perfectly on my Windows bootcamp,
thanks... just out of curiosity, is there a way to install the sims 3
with all the expantions on a mac? i tried porting it by cider after
installing it in windows but it wont run =S I have wanted to play it
from my mac please help

Yes, it works on mac. just follow the instructions.

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 3 Empty Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 15:44

HEY!!! *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 3 1577371209
So I came to say THANK U SOO MUCH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Aug 2012, 13:29

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!
Thank you very much,you just saved my life.
I swear i wasent sure if it works but it does.
before that i didnt even know how to get only late night work.
but now i have all expension pack and stuff packs instead of pets and world adventures.
i registered just to say thank you ur awsome. 2012/08/11

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 3 Empty You Rock!

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 05:48

Dude you and your team are the best in the whole world!Well done!Keep it tech Wink

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 3 Empty Please Help

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 03:16

Hello thank u so much for this its helped a lot,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug 2012, 07:46

Thank you very much for this awesome guide! You guys are the best!! Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 19:00

Thank you for this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 19:35

Ohhh!!1 Thank you very very much , it is work very good:XX:X:X:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 07:20

Hammertime This worked tottally fine! Hammertime
Youre the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 01:46

Thankies c:

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 3 Empty let me start off by saying thank you! a few days ago i was searching for a linnk and also trying to figure out how does torrent work ... finnally i installed my first torrent download all thanks to you!! installing it was a breeze!!!! thank you again!!!

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 03:09

a few days ago i was searching for a linnk and also trying to figure out how does torrent work ... finnally i installed my first torrent download all thanks to you!! installing it was a breeze!!!! thank you again!!! now im going to search for sims3 superatural .... Smile

Last edited by angel1706 on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 03:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incomplete)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 07:39

angel1706 wrote:a few days ago i was searching for a linnk and also trying to figure out how does torrent work ... finnally i installed my first torrent download all thanks to you!! installing it was a breeze!!!! thank you again!!! now im going to search for sims3 superatural .... Smile

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6686-the-sims-3-supernatural-out-now-download-link Wink
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 13:35

Thanks Now i can play my sims supernatural without worrying to read my cd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 04:34

It works great! I couldn't believe it till I saw it myself xD

The
only thing about the last step that was different than the step by step
was I have windows Xp and most Xp users don't have the x86 part in
program files so basically I put those last 2 files in C:\Program
Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Which works perfectly xD Just letting other people know that if you don't have that x86 thing
then don't worry it works fine this way too Very Happy

Thanks again guys! Happy Simming *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 3 3479271199

Last edited by Admin on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 17:24; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Final Question)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 00:30

Nevermind! Worked like a charm! :newfag:

Last edited by Xxsoccerunited11 on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 04:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was mistakened)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 04:14

Just wanted to say thank you *hug* this is amazing. At first I thought It wouldnt work because the disc was missing but whoa you are magic. Thank yo so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 18:20

thxs i owe u one...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2012, 22:27

this is greta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 18:58

I DID IT!!! xaaxaxaxa I updated to 1.42 to soon but U fix it and it's just PERFECT! I love U guys omg I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 19:10

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2012, 10:48

Ok! I managed to make the game work. All I had to do finally was delete some of my content that wasn't compatible with the new version and install your manual update plus the fix and everything was fine. Thank you very much for your prompt answer. The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 21:33

Hello everyone. First of all massive respect to the team working behind this for making the whole installation process for the rather large number of expansion packs for sims 3 very easy and failproof. I've stuck to this install method ever since it worked perfectly for the first expansion packs I installed, Generations & Ambitions.

However I may have some information to add here, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but here goes.

This install method that I am using is basically for people who are not installing the expansion packs for Sims 3 at one shot
and they do not want to reinstall the whole base game and other expansions they already had in order to install a new expansion pack.

I've installed different expansions at later dates, without reinstalling the existing cracked game or any of the installed expansions.

The first time I installed
using the method listed in the first post, I had installed
Base game + Expansions : Ambitions, Generations.

So after this installation (by using the files and the crack in the fix) next I downloaded at a much later date, Expansion : Pets and installed it.

and today I finished downloading Expansion : Late Night, installed it, running successfully with custom sim Mods and at highest graphic details for hours now.
(yes I am doing it in the wrong order chronologically xD)

So here's what I did to to install the expansions after I had already installed the Sims 3 base game + some expansions I installed previously and were cracked.
I did not reinstall the base game or any of the expansion packs at all.

1) Relocate the 'Mods' folders from the game directory to any other folder not a part of Sims 3
& copy your game-save files to some folder not in the EA directory in documents (basically a backup)
( very very necessary or it will screw the installation if you don't remove the mod folder and contents)

I am not too sure how custom content or store downloaded stuff affects the installation since I dont have any of those. I have a huge custom map installed but it did not affect the installation.

2) Apply the Manual Patch (Link),
It will notify you that its already up to date, but continue anyhow, if it says that is actually updating, go ahead for sure.
Kindly see whether the update patch is supported in the latest version of the fix listed before applying it.

3) Install the EXPANSION PACKS you just downloaded / wanted to install.
For a better chance of a successful install, install from an unmodified installer of the expansion packs.
IMPORTANT: Do not crack or do anything at all after the installation of the expansion packs.

4) Apply the files from the Ultimate Fix provided here only for the EXPANSION packs you just installed.

5) Apply the crack from the Ultimate Fix to the base game folder, NOT the expansion pack you just installed.

6) Put back your save files (in the saves folder) and mod folder in the original location in C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\Documents\Electronic Arts\
Most likely you might find your save files untouched / unmodified. The mod folder still needs to be put back.

You're all set to go. Start up Sims 3 !

Regards,
- Gearbox.

Last edited by Gearbox on Tue 06 Nov 2012, 21:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 00:38

Hello!
i'm new and french so excuse my english Smile
so i just registered because i wanted to say THANK YOU sooo much
a big, an enormous THANKS
it's been 4 days i tried to play and thanks to your advices i finally play tonight!!!
in france we say: "tu déchires!" i think in english you say: "you rock!"
a last time thank you very much, you're my hero Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 16:39

Thank you sooo much for this!!!! i ve been trying for weeks to install the sims 3 and i would always get an error.. but after following the instructions i ve finally been able to install it!! thank you thank you!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 06:04

Thanks so VERY much to everyone involved!

Such an awesome site. Thanks again! What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:45

WOW this was so easy to download, all I did was hit autorun and it downloaded and that was it, nothing else and was able to play game without any cracks. you guys are great thanks for the download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top