Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portal Empty Portal

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 23:44

So if your reading this, you probably read my previous review of the Sims 3: Showtime
If not, go check it out!
Today's review will be of portal!

The Overview
You play as a female protagonist named Chell, who is basically a test subject for the Aperature Science Laboratories. You are tested through different obstacle courses and puzzles with only a portal gun to use. But one question still remains... "Who are these people, and what are they going to do to you?"

The Characters
Unfortunately, throughout the whole game of portal, there were really only two characters. Chell, and the antagonist, Glados. I found it kind of hard to follow along their stories. How exactly did Chell end up in the laboratories? Why exactly did Glados want to kill Chell near the end? I guess it was the many questions that kept the characters somewhat still interesting.

The Maps
The maps were perfect for the setting and made you feel as if it was too clean and calm to be true...

[size=18]The Puzzles [/size]
The puzzles you needed to solve were interesting, and without the portal gun, you had nothing on them Razz

The Ending
The ending was actually really good, I can't tell you guys though due to spoiler alerts! Razz All I will tell you is that it will leave you wanting to play portal 2!

Wrapping it up

As usual, it's now time for the final grade!:

The Characters - 20/25
The Maps - 25/25
The Puzzles - 25/25
The Ending - 25/25

That gives it a final grade of 95% out of 100

My Opinion
Obviously, do not get portal if you do not like puzzles! I enjoyed playing portal and I'm sure you guys will too!

Back to top Go down

Portal Empty Re: Portal

Post by J.T. Thu 30 May 2013, 13:13

BitterSweet wrote:So if your reading this, you probably read my previous review of the Sims 3: Showtime
If not, go check it out!

The Overview
You play as a female protagonist named Chell, who is basically a test subject for the Aperature Science Laboratories. You are tested through different obstacle courses and puzzles with only a portal gun to use. But one question still remains... "Who are these people, and what are they going to do to you?"

The Characters
Unfortunately, throughout the whole game of portal, there were really only two characters. Chell, and the antagonist, Glados. I found it kind of hard to follow along their stories. How exactly did Chell end up in the laboratories? Why exactly did Glados want to kill Chell near the end? I guess it was the many questions that kept the characters somewhat still interesting.

The Maps
The maps were perfect for the setting and made you feel as if it was too clean and calm to be true...

[size=18]The Puzzles[/size]
The puzzles you needed to solve were interesting, and without the portal gun, you had nothing on them Razz

The Ending
The ending was actually really good, I can't tell you guys though due to spoiler alerts! Razz All I will tell you is that it will leave you wanting to play portal 2!

Wrapping it up

The Characters - 20/25
The Maps - 25/25
The Puzzles - 25/25
The Ending - 25/25

My Opinion
Obviously, do not get portal if you do not like puzzles! I enjoyed playing portal and I'm sure you guys will too!
You know what? Portal 2 is much more awesome than Portal. But Portal itself is amazing. I cannot play the coop (kinda like multiplayer) in Portal 2 though(you know... my Portal 2 is cracked). But still Portal 2 extended the story of Portal.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 15:36

Both Portal and Portal 2 are awesome, especially the latter although it's a bit too cinematic at times. The story was particularly great, precisely because it was simple and it was equally serious and silly. Made it stand out from all these shitty games that make a drama out of everything and introduce so many characters that simply remembering their names is the biggest challenge of the game...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 18:17

cat2006house wrote:
BitterSweet wrote:So if your reading this, you probably read my previous review of the Sims 3: Showtime
If not, go check it out!

The Overview

The Characters

The Maps

[size=18]The Puzzles[/size]

The Ending

Wrapping it up

The Characters - 20/25
The Maps - 25/25
The Puzzles - 25/25
The Ending - 25/25

My Opinion
You know what? Portal 2 is much more awesome than Portal. But Portal itself is amazing. I cannot play the coop (kinda like multiplayer) in Portal 2 though(you know... my Portal 2 is cracked). But still Portal 2 extended the story of Portal.

Yeah, but I just wanted to do a review on the original, but i'll see if I can review portal 2 by any chance Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 30 May 2013, 22:19

cat2006house wrote:
Hi there,

Trying not to get off-topic too much, but the multiplayer function in Portal 2 is great! Great memories! Definitely worth buying.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 31 May 2013, 07:26

Admin wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hi there,

Trying not to get off-topic too much, but the multiplayer function in Portal 2 is great! Great memories! Definitely worth buying.
Just wondering: Is Caroline Chell's mother?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 13:46

cat2006house wrote:
Admin wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hi there,

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Oct 2013, 04:57

TUN3R wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Admin wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hi there,

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top