Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass effect 1- Please insert the next disk (disk1). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mass effect 1- Please insert the next disk (disk1). [SOLVED] Empty Mass effect 1- Please insert the next disk (disk1). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 04:40

So, I have started installing mass effect 1, I beat mass effect 2 & wanted to start over & work my way through both storys & be ready for number three, but the problem is that when I start to install it says a little way in to insert disk 1, retry retry blah blah blah, wont work, I extracted to the desktop, & ran as admin, ect, so I did some snooping around & the install manifest has allot of .rar files that are not in the data folder (starting after isact.rar it doesn't contain any of the files below,) I assume that the download has failed but I don't know, so essentially when I extracted the rar to my desktop im missing some files, could use some help.

Back to top Go down

Mass effect 1- Please insert the next disk (disk1). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mass effect 1- Please insert the next disk (disk1). [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:46

Hello,

Please open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Mass effect 1- Please insert the next disk (disk1). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mass effect 1- Please insert the next disk (disk1). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 17:05

If you read my post you would know that coping & pasting that answer wasn't gonna work, but that's fine, I figured it out on my own, turns out for some reason winrar didn't extract all of it, I went in & manually pulled it out, thanks for the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 06 Jun 2011, 17:17

Bonkahe wrote:If you read my post you would know that coping & pasting that answer wasn't gonna work, but that's fine, I figured it out on my own, turns out for some reason winrar didn't extract all of it, I went in & manually pulled it out, thanks for the game.
Hello,

Well, you said you missed some files and that's usually caused by a wrong extraction.
Anyhow, I'm glad the game works for you now. Have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top