Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 18:40

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone,
i was running a pre-cracked version of the Sims 3 for mac, and it was running superb, but it wasn't allowing any expansions installed into it, and thats when i found games4theworld and decided to try it this way...

I downloaded ALL files from here, from the base game all the way to generations, and i wanna succeed in installing all of them on my mac so i can eventually help and guide others into getting the same results... but so far, i'd appreciate some info from my fellow mac users who have successfully gotten everything working: what is the best installation order for Mac?

I installed the base game so far, but i haven't started it yet, as i'm guessing that maybe i have to install all the expansions first before i use the cracks.. and according to the pdf file provided by Dale, next in order should be Late Night... but since i saw the Fix files for Mac were updated just yesterday, i'm wondering if anything has changed regarding what expansion to install first...

So, so far i'm thinking of going this way:

1. Base Game
2. Late night
3. World Adventures
4. Ambitions
5. Fast Lane
6. High end Loft
7. Outdoor Living
8. Generations

and then do the launcher update and after that all the cracking... so, can someone tell me if that's a good order? or it really doesn't matter? any input will be much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 12:27

thanks for all that info... i'll give it a try today and report back...

and thanks in advance Dale, if my new installation doesn't work, i'll definitely appreciate further assistance

=====
EDIT
=====

k, i'm sad to report that i followed lebe's instructions to a tee, and it didnt work:

-uninstalled everything
-reinstalled base game
-reinstalled generations
-reinstalled everything else
-applied crack to base game from Generations folder
-opened Sims 3 and updated it to the latest version
-applied crack to base game from #crack folder
-opened sims 3, clicked on the Play button to start the game
-got the message of "unofficial modification", asked me if i wanted to abort, i said "no", then it booted me out saying it couldn't initialize the game

my little snitch program gave me a clue as to what's going on though... even if i deny internet connection to EA when i start the game, as soon as i click on "play", Cider tries to connect to internet all the same... if i allow the connection, apparently the server tells it to shut me down... if i don't allow it to connect, the program shuts me down because i didnt let it connect to internet..

so again, i think there's a problem at the time of updating... maybe the crack is already outdated with the Sims 3 latest update... so well, i'm stuck again...

Sad

Back to top Go down

Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 16:21

Okay then, I've got it working perfectly just.

All I did was install sims 3, install any other expansion in any other order doesn't matter to be honest, then install the sims 3 generations. Open the Sims 3 generations installer and then update the game. Now apply the crack to the base game and re-open the sims 3 generations launcher and it should work.

As easy as that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 17:36

ok, so, generations should be the last install? do you think that's what i was doing wrong? installing Generations before the other expansions? cause i did notice that after installing Generations, every other expansion was telling me "your version of the sims is newer and it may cause problems" or something like that...

thanks for testing it... i'll go for my fourth uninstall re-install (haha, such is life)...

just for kicks, i'll install in release order (sims 3 world adventures, etc), let's hope my next report is that it's working for me too...

any idea if after the game is updated and cracked, i should block the Sims 3 from connecting to internet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 18:19

That is really weird. It worked for me. Sad Maybe because I actually own the base game? Well I hope Dale's instructions work for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 06:16

alright, i have everything installed again, but i haven't updated anything nor cracked anything yet... i couldn't install the games4theworld versions in release order, because if you try installing WA right after base game, it tells you the version is "not updateable" .. so this is the order in which everything installed perfectly:

1. base game
2. late night
3. world adventures
4. high end loft
5. ambitions
6. fast lane
7. outdoor living
8. generations

so, that's where i am.. i don't wanna keep uninstalling/ re-installing everything, so i wanna wait for more info before i proceed...

as per the updated crack guide on pdf in thesimscrack.rar, it says "steps 8 to 14 are for everyone"... if that's the case, i should crack late Night, Outdoor stuff and Generations BEFORE i update... so, after cracking those 3 expansions, only then i should update, and then crack the base game again...

so, should i do that?? I'm confused... here's the directions just in case, thanks in advance for any advice

8. For The Sims 3 - Late Night: open the "Late Night" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: Late Night icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
9. For The Sims 3 - Outdoor Living Stuff: open the "Outdoor Living Stuff" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
10. For The Sims 3 - Generations: open the "Generations" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: Generations icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. (!!!SO DO NOT COPY THE FILES TO THE EXPANSION'S INSTALLATION FOLDER, BUT THE BASE GAME'S INSTALLATION FOLDER INSTEAD!!!)
11. Now, open the The Sims 3 launcher and navigate to the "Update" -tab. Choose "Refresh". If a new update shows, install it.
12. When done updating, completely close the game and the launcher. 13. Open the "# Crack" folder in this .rar file and then the "Generations" folder in there. 14. You'll see two files. Do the following with these files: apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: Generations icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. (!!!SO DO NOT
COPY THE FILES TO THE EXPANSION'S INSTALLATION FOLDER, BUT THE BASE GAME'S INSTALLATION FOLDER INSTEAD!!!)
15. When you've applied that crack, start the game and... ENJOY playing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 06:37

From what I understand, since you have the Generations crack you shouldn't need to crack the other games. This is what I've heard from other users and this is also what I've personally noticed since the only files I modified were my base game files. But I don't think it would (or it shouldn't) hurt anything if you cracked the other games since the only reason you should get any error messages are if you mess up with the base game...The update only affects the base game.

Anyway, the last thing you said...cracking Generations before you update and then crack the base game again is essentially what I said before earlier on and what is what worked for me. So hopefully it'll work for you! I'm so sorry that you've been having so many troubles. Sad

Sandmarine wrote:

so, that's where i am.. i don't wanna keep uninstalling/ re-installing everything, so i wanna wait for more info before i proceed...

as per the updated crack guide on pdf in thesimscrack.rar, it says "steps 8 to 14 are for everyone"... if that's the case, i should crack late Night, Outdoor stuff and Generations BEFORE i update... so, after cracking those 3 expansions, only then i should update, and then crack the base game again...

so, should i do that?? I'm confused... here's the directions just in case, thanks in advance for any advice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 14:02

Do not crack them all.. Only crack the sims generations which is basically applying the crack to the sims 3 base game once you updated the sims 3 generations. I'll tell you what you should also do just incase to prevent having to re-install, create copies of the files you're replacing such as rename TS3W.exe to TS3W-1.exe that's just an example then paste the cracked files in. Don't re-name the cracked files just the original ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 16:26

alright, i don't know what, for the life of me, could i be doing wrong that the game still doesn't start for me...

i installed base game, late night, all other expansions, then generations... updated the game (which by the way, upgraded to 8.0.152), then cracked the base game folder with cracks found in #crack folder... start the game, reaches launcher fine... click on "Play", then goes to a black screen, then tells me i have unofficial modifications, asks if i want to quit. it gives me only two options "No" and "Quit"... i click on "no", then it kicks me out telling me it can't initialize the game...

i tried a couple of things... since i did install The Sims Medieval, and that ran fine on my mac after disabling the launcher, i tried the same for TS3, but to no avail.. i backed up the original tsw3.exe and the dll files, so i mixed cracking only the exe, only the dll, etc... NOTHING... so i deleted the cracks.... and basically.. right now i have a clean Sims 3 + 7 expansions installation, uncracked and updated to the latest version... but unplayable...

i'm clueless as to why this installation works for dale and lebe, but not for me... i have tried both you guys' installation methods, and none of them has worked for me...

do any of you guys use Little Snitch? I'm wondering if that's what's causing the problem.. it shouldn't though, because if i either authorize Cider to connect to internet or not, i still get booted out saying it can't initliaze the game... and for that matter, i updated The Sims Medieval to the latest version, then cracked it, and it ran perfect, so i don't think it's Little Snitch...

my only final idea, is to start each file one by one and make it work... lor maybe install base game plus late night, as it's in the original guide... if that works and i can play it, i can start applying each update one by one and see of they work, one by one, so i can identify where the problem is... though right now, the only thing i can think of, is the crack doesn't work for me, for some reason...

i'll still appreciate any futher ideas...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 16:47

I'll tell you what mate. I'm going to make a disk image of my original sims 3 base game disc for mac users and if it's okay with admin he can torrent it for mac users.
I'll do this later, I've got to out now but don't worry, we'll get it working eventually Razz

Sorry if this makes you wait even longer to play as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 17:08

hjaha, thanks dale, i really appreciate it... i was running the pre-cracked version that's on piratebay, called "The_Sims_3_(Mac__cracked)", and i always ran that with no problems, it was just unable to accept the expansions, or i never figured out how to do it.. but since i wanted to play the expansions, i went for the games4theworld versions...

thanks again for all our efforts... i just wish i could figure out why the installation method works for you guys, but not for me... i just know that the error comes when the game tries to connect to internet.. because either if i let it connect or not, that's when the error shows up...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 17:09

I'm running an original copy of the base game. But what I plan to do is create a disk image file of my disc (.dmg file) for mac users..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 17:21

ah ok, that will be much appreciated... then i'll just uninstall everything once again and wait for that... thanks once again for your time and help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 22:42

Sorry that it didn't work for you Sand. Hopefully Dale will be able to get things sorted out okay. Smile If it takes too long, I could also give you a copy of my disk image file since I have an original digital copy of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 06:40

thanks lebe... i'm still wondering if that's the reason the installation didnt work in my mac, because i didn't have the original game....

i'll try installing the games4theworld sims 3 base game version on windows xp using parallel windows.. i just wanna locate where the problem is... because i tried installing only the base game and nothing else on my mac, and also it didn't work... so'm guessing the problem may be somewhere there...

thanks again to you and Dale.. can't wait to be finally playing all the expansions, hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:38

Sandmarine wrote:thanks lebe... i'm still wondering if that's the reason the installation didnt work in my mac, because i didn't have the original game....

i'll try installing the games4theworld sims 3 base game version on windows xp using parallel windows.. i just wanna locate where the problem is... because i tried installing only the base game and nothing else on my mac, and also it didn't work... so'm guessing the problem may be somewhere there...

thanks again to you and Dale.. can't wait to be finally playing all the expansions, hahaha
Here you go;

http://46.19.137.74/~dirtbike/base/base.dmg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 20:43

thanks so much, dale!! downloading it now, will report how this goes...

oh, and the G4TW version of Sims 3 worked perfect on my windows xp OS using Parallel Windows, so maybe this whole thing was just needing a version that was dedicated only to mac, we'll see soon...

====
EDIT
====

Basic questions, though... should i crack this version you uploaded? should i play it before i do anything, or will playing it before loading the expansions ruin everything? should i not update it when i open it?

thanks in advance for the answers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 21:59

Sorry see your edit until now.
Erm, you can update it and play before hand if you like. Just remember to back up the original files you're going to be replacing. If you want to do this before installing the expansions just use the crack from the generations expansion as this works also for just the base game alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 01:37

alright then, sounds good.. yeah, i wanna test it first, to see if my mac has the issue or not...

i'll instakll the base game, then update it, then install the crack from the generations folder (not the #crack folder, right?), and see if i can play the game... if i see it plays, then i¡ll install the generations expansion... i'll see if the base game works first, then i'll see wha
thanks again so much, the download is almost done by now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 01:38

It's the crack located in #crack folder of the generations .dmg file

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 01:42

ahh, ok, so let me see if i got this clear..

to play Sims 3 alone, without any other expansions, is this what i should do?

-install base game
-open Sims 3, update when prompted
-crack base game with crack from #crack/generations folder in your generations dmg

is that correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 01:46

Yeah, that's correct

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 08:14

Is it alright if you create dmg's for the other expansions please?

And one more question, what if we have an official copy of the game? how will that work out...will it make everything easier to install on mac?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 14:29

a torrent of that dmg would be great. i'm trying to download it anyway, but looks like it's gonna take forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 15:29

I could but it would most likely just be as slow due there would hardly be any seeders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 19:09

alright, i truly don't know what the heck i am doing wrong, but nothing is working for me...

-i downloaded your dmg
-installed Sims 3... i used a serial number that's been around the web.. could that be the problem? do i really have to go to parallel windows and generate a fresh SN?
-opened sims 3, gave me the launcher, i updated the game
-copied crack from #crack folder that is inside the games4theworld generations dmg file
-opened sims 3
-it kicked me out telling me there was an unknown error, it didnt even get to the launcher

what in that order of things was wrong that i still cannot play the game?? any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 19:40

So when you applied the crack the launcher didn't work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 19:46

exactly... after i installed the sims 3 from your dmg folder, and i went to open the sims 3 .app, the launcher opened ok, but it didnt offer me to download any update.. so, i clicked on the "game updates" tab, and it told me there was an update for the game.. so, i updated it.. as soon as it finished updating, it loaded the sims 3 app automatically, Litle snitch asked me if i should allow the sims 3 to connect to internet, i said "no", and the launcher didn't load, saying there was an unknown error...

after this, i opened the generations dmg file i made from the generations torrent from games4theworld... i copies the crack from the #crack folder in that dmg, went to open the sims 3 again, and the launcher wouldn't load, saying unknown error...

seeing this, i went to the file i got from the "latest cracks should fix everything", and copied over the files from th #crack folder, the one you're supposed to apply last... and nopes, the launcher won't load...

what could be the wrong step here? is it the serial number?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top