Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service Initialation Error (Solved)Good advice here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service Initialation Error (Solved)Good advice here! Empty Service Initialation Error (Solved)Good advice here!

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 19:48

I used the suggested stuffit expander (2009) and expanded the programs. I created disk images of each one, except for the base game which I made the iso requested. I applied the fixes. I applied the crack. All to the proper folders. But when I boot the game first I get this:
Service Initialation Error (Solved)Good advice here! Screenshot2011-06-12at22214PM

Then I get this when trying to continue:

Service Initialation Error (Solved)Good advice here! Screenshot2011-06-12at22236PM

Last edited by Gelasia on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 19:29; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : This post is useful for people)

Back to top Go down

Service Initialation Error (Solved)Good advice here! Empty Re: Service Initialation Error (Solved)Good advice here!

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 20:08

This belongs in the mac section. This is PC Support only.

Back to top Go down

Service Initialation Error (Solved)Good advice here! Empty Re: Service Initialation Error (Solved)Good advice here!

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 18:23

Hello,
I have the same exact problem (Mac as well). I followed the instructions here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read With Sims 3 first, generations second, then every other game in order.
Applied the fixes correctly according to the instruction PDF and now I have the same pop-up.

Do I have to reinstall everything again? I have LittleSnitch, disabled while attempting to launch the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 19:27

Oh, I'll tell you what happened. After that, I installed the new base game that Dale uploaded for us on this one.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1142-update-read-before-posting-anything-related-to-the-sims-3

Then you reinstall everything.

After that I still got the pop up saying it was a unofficial game modification, but when I said "no" it popped up working perfectly fine! So its all good.

To download the sims 3 base game from dale's website I had to have a download manager installed or it tried to stop at around 1gb instead of the full amount. I used the firefox add on "DownThemAll!" and it worked and it was pretty speedy too compared without them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 19:35

Do I have to stop it at 1GB or can I download the whole dmg?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 21:01

Download the whole thing. Its just mine stopped automatically, it was a safety net built into the browser to keep too big of files from crashing it. A download manager fixes that. Sorry for not being clear. You need to download the whole thing but without a download manager it might automatically try to stop. It did that on two separate browsers for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 03:59

I got it! Thanks a lot it works Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:48

Yay good deal! I'm glad I could help I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top