Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with expansions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help with expansions Empty Need help with expansions

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 04:38

Hello everyone! :newfag:  but i'm not new to the sims 3 and computers.  I am running the newest Mac 27' and needed some help with my sims 3 expansions and i hope you all could help me.

Ok so first i'll let you know what's going on.  I have downloaded The Sims 3 Complete OS X edition via torrents and it had everything up to showtime.  Today it finally finished loading so i started it up and the launcher comes up and says there's no CD.  I found out about this website and got the Ultimate Fix, Updated my game and put the No CD fix on it and it ran perfectly.  I then decided to go ahead and get the rest of the expansions through your website "games4theworld.org" and downloaded each of the expansions seperately from katy perry to diesel stuff etc. all the way to island paradise.  I downloaded the "how to install expansions" pdf for mac and followed everything like so.  1. I extracted the "Katy Perry's Sweet Treats .rar Folder" onto my desktop via "Stuffit Expander" 2. Made a .dmg by making a new disk image with 2.5 GB free, CD/DVD, and put it into "the sims 3" folder in my applications and copied everything in the sweet treats folder into the disk image.  3. Ran the Install, put in serial code from the instructions, installed it to "the sims 3" folder, and hit ok.  4. re-patched/updated it (because it said no CD again) and added the files in the "# Crack" folder of Katy Perry's .rar folder to the "Katy Perry's Sweet Treats" folder in Applications/the sims 3/Contents/Resources/Transgaming/c_drive/program files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats/Game/Bin.  5. Opened the launcher and boom.....the Katy Perry pink sims icon at the bottom of the launcher is still darkened and when i ran the game to be sure that it worked without making the icon brighter, there was no cupcake swim suit tops or anything katy perry related.

Thx for any help.

PS:  my sims 3 game no matter which one i've downloaded and ran; rather it b pc version or mac. When i try to customize clothing or something it says "Materializing Materials" and won't go anywhere from that.  I've uninstalled the sims before and deleted ALL custom content but to no avail.  Any help with that would also be very appreciated! lol

Back to top Go down

Need help with expansions Empty Re: Need help with expansions

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 14:11

Hello,
First of all it looks like the setup failed and Katy Perry's Sweet Treats aren't in registry etc. You will need to uninstall and reinstall it.

For Materializing Materials, you can use Ultimate Fix maybe it helps. If still problem occurs, go to My Documents>Electronic Arts and rename Sims 3 Folder something else like "Sims 3.old". Then open Sims 3 launcher it will create new folder which possibly fix your problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 18:52

lol ok i'm laughing at this because i'm a retard and i'm sure u guys will think so too lol.  i missed to put this in the details.  I had to make "the sims 3" folder myself  in the my applications folder and when i installed the katy perry one i installed it to that folder.  After i installed it all there was was katy perry's sweet treats game application and a couple readme files but no uninstaller.  I went to the sims 3 uninstaller and katy perry wasn't there but it's in an "add ons" folder.

//edit!

it worked perfectly lol i did too much the first time i installed it i moved it to the applications instead of applications/the sims 3 lol i'm retarded anywho i haven't tried the materializing materials thing yet i'll have to get back to you on that one lol thanks a lot!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top