Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:44

The January 2013 store update for the sims 3 has a bad link for the lullabies set.

Thanks for the new download site, love it so far Smile

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:46

G4TW rocks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:47

Great site so far. I also found a bad link "DragonValleyGold.rar.006"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:49

Host the images on your site? Some users are having trouble connecting to servimages.com or whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:51

barnsten wrote:The January 2013 store update for the sims 3 has a bad link for the lullabies set.

Thanks for the new download site, love it so far Smile
deblake60 wrote:Great site so far. I also found a bad link "DragonValleyGold.rar.006"
Hello all,

NOTE that some files are still being uploaded to the server and therefore their download links are not working yet.
Try again in 20 minutes and let us know the result, good luck!

JohSketch wrote:Host the images on your site? Some users are having trouble connecting to servimages.com or whatever.
Added, thank you! Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:52

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) Clap-gif
Now i can finally get that Harajuku Set i've wanted for so long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:53

May I ask if you can change the side buttons of the website? When you hover over them they have a arrow pointing down which makes no sense since the dropdowns are to the right.

Also the overall feel of the site is kind of weird... the dropdowns are orange, the rest of the site is brown etc.

Sorry as a website developer I have this OCD for everything to be perfect Razz

Last edited by JohSketch on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:54

You guys really did a great job! I like the flow of it and the site is really easy to maneuver around in! cheers Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:55

The fontsize is HUGE and that Sims 3 image is enormous. Not to be mean or anything but it feels like a website for people with sight problems Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:56

JohSketch wrote:May I ask if you can change the side buttons of the website? When you hover over them they have a arrow pointing down which makes no sense since the dropdowns are to the right.

What browser are you using? I use firefox and I have no problem seeing what pop-down list item I see. Mine shows it highlighted with my arrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:56

Hello, I'm having trouble with photos uploaded to servimg.com. That site not even opening for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:57

Bliss1991 wrote:The fontsize is HUGE and that Sims 3 image is enormous. Not to be mean or anything but it feels like a website for people with sight problems Razz

You can alter your own size by holding the CTRL and scrolling your mouse wheel, which will change the viewing size.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:59

deblake60 wrote:
JohSketch wrote:May I ask if you can change the side buttons of the website? When you hover over them they have a arrow pointing down which makes no sense since the dropdowns are to the right.

What browser are you using? I use firefox and I have no problem seeing what pop-down list item I see. Mine shows it highlighted with my arrow.

Its not that is not working, its just the arrow is kind of awkward seeing as the dropdowns are to the right of the buttons.

Back to top Go down

deblake60 wrote:
Bliss1991 wrote:The fontsize is HUGE and that Sims 3 image is enormous. Not to be mean or anything but it feels like a website for people with sight problems Razz

You can alter your own size by holding the CTRL and scrolling your mouse wheel, which will change the viewing size.

I know, but a website should be ok without the user having to change things in their own browser.

Back to top Go down

deblake60 wrote:

And makes everything else really tiny?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:00

Also the overall feel of the site is kind of weird... the dropdowns are orange, the rest of the site is brown etc.

Hello,

I can understand your OCD reaction to that. I'll see what I can do about it; added it to the list.
As for the colour, I wanted it to stand out a little bit.

Can you provide a screenshot of a "huge" font size part? I've hear that one more often though.

cagil99 wrote:Hello, I'm having trouble with photos uploaded to servimg.com. That site not even opening for me.
It's on the list already, thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:01

Oooh this is amazing, thank you! Now to wait for stuff to be uploaded so I won't be at 404 haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:01

Admin wrote:

Hello,

I can understand your OCD reaction to that. I'll see what I can do about it; added it to the list.
As for the colour, I wanted it to stand out a little bit.

Can you provide a screenshot of a "huge" font size part? I've hear that one more often though.

cagil99 wrote:Hello, I'm having trouble with photos uploaded to servimg.com. That site not even opening for me.
It's on the list already, thank you!
Ok thanks Smile I can see that the dark and orange theme is across all of the websites (Forums and the new site Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:02

I changed the zoom level to 80% to make it fit on my 18" display (1366x768).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:03

This is what it looks like on my screen:

https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/p3nlc.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:04

Bliss1991 wrote:This is what it looks like on my screen:

https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/p3nlc.jpg

That's too big?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:05

JohSketch wrote:
deblake60 wrote:

Its not that is not working, its just the arrow is kind of awkward seeing as the dropdowns are to the right of the buttons.

You should view the arrows as a "highlight", not as a direction in which to expect the drop down menu.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:06

Can you disable elastic scrolling for mac users? Here is the bit of code:

Code:
<script>
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:08

JohSketch wrote:Can you disable elastic scrolling for mac users? Here is the bit of code:

Code:
<script>
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

What is elastic scrolling anyway? Razz
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top