Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 2 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 2 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:06

Can you disable elastic scrolling for mac users? Here is the bit of code:

Code:
<script>
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 2 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:08

JohSketch wrote:Can you disable elastic scrolling for mac users? Here is the bit of code:

Code:
<script>
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

What is elastic scrolling anyway? Razz

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:09

Admin wrote:
Bliss1991 wrote:This is what it looks like on my screen:

https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/p3nlc.jpg

That's too big?

Ehm yeah, when I look through the website's stylesheet I see fontsizes of around 20 to even 32?? That's enormous!
Oh and one small thing, I would adjust the line-height (the distance between two lines), because now the bottom of the upper line sometimes touches the letters on the next line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:09

Admin wrote:
JohSketch wrote:Can you disable elastic scrolling for mac users? Here is the bit of code:

Code:
<script>
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

Its a annoying mac feature that is if scroll more than enough, it acts like a elastic band, and whips back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:09

Bliss1991 wrote:
Admin wrote:

That's too big?

Ehm yeah, when I look through the website's stylesheet I see fontsizes of around 20 to even 32?? That's enormous!
Oh and one small thing, I would adjust the line-height (the distance between two lines), because now the bottom of the upper line sometimes touches the letters on the next line.

Yes, noticed that on the homepage. Don't worry, the font size will be taken care of in future updates.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:10

Bliss1991 wrote:
Admin wrote:

That's too big?

A example would be the tables... http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/store-2013/march2013.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:10

JohSketch wrote:
Admin wrote:

Code:
<script>
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

Its a annoying mac feature that is if scroll more than enough, it acts like a elastic band, and whips back.
Will add it, if possible. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:12

The 'Welcome to the Games4theworld downloads server!' text is cut off the main page.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:12

Hello,

Yes, I know. Like I said, we're aware of that and will take care of it in future updates.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:14

Unless you are doing hair guides for women... 'Below you’ll find all up-to-date Games4theworld style guides' should be 'Below you’ll find all up-to-date Games4theworld guides'

//EDIT

It took a long time before we actually finished this website, but it would’ve never existed in the first place without the help of the following persons. Should be people.

Admin edit: Lol, can you just make one big list of typos and post that, instead of making a new post for every typo?

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:16

Oh and this btw:

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 2 K12juu

As you see, the buttons on the bottom of the page have sort of disappeared.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:16

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html some text is cut off. 

Also can you give us a list of what is going to be changed so we won't be redundant?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:18

Bliss1991 wrote:Oh and this btw:

Link to page, please?

JohSketch wrote:http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html some text is cut off. 

Also can you give us a list of what is going to be changed so we won't be redundant?
See opening post. Smile

//EDIT

What text is cut of on the "Store Fixes" page? Screenshot, perhaps?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:20

Admin wrote:

Link to page, please?

JohSketch wrote:http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html some text is cut off. 

See opening post. Smile

//EDIT

NOTE: The Store Fixes are often updated, so be sure to re-download them from this page from time to time!

Also why is the forum and credits page under contact us?

Last edited by JohSketch on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:20

JohSketch wrote:
Admin wrote:

Link to page, please?

See opening post. Smile

//EDIT

NOTE: The Store Fixes are often updated, so be sure to re-download them from this page from time to time!

Cut off in what way? Can you show a screenshot of that, please? (Working fine on my side)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:22

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 2 3umCS

By the way on the contact us page:
- Forum……...: & Email……...: doesn't need that many periods. 
- this line: 'Live Support: http://www.games4theworld.org (Read THIS, please)' is redundant as the live support info is located below it.
- 'Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/games4theworld' can be changed to Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld' 
- Our Live Support has 3 departments:

Technical Staff: for if you’re having problems with our downloads. (Or anything else)
TeamViewer: see below.

only has 2 departments listed?

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 2 Image310 <-- this logo is way above its area.

Last edited by JohSketch on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:28; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:23

JohSketch wrote:Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 2 3umCS

That looks normal on my end as well.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:23

JohSketch wrote:Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 2 3umCS

Will fix that in a few minutes.

To everyone: IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:28

Shocked
Well, regardless, I think G4TW did an outstanding job. Granted there are some problems and other issues that some folks can't seem to over-look :Pbut at least give these people some credit for putting up the site.

Throughout the last few months people were hounding Admin and the others about the new site and now that it's here??

Could we at least say something positive as well as the negative? Instead of going right to critiquing mode? They do provide us with free and safe stuff and they really don't have to?

So come on, guys and gals, can we show our gratitude as well, please? It is the polite thing to do.Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:29

deblake60 wrote:Shocked
Well, regardless, I think G4TW did an outstanding job. Granted there are some problems and other issues that some folks can't seem to over-look :Pbut at least give these people some credit for putting up the site.

Throughout the last few months people were hounding Admin and the others about the new site and now that it's here??

Could we at least say something positive as well as the negative? Instead of going right to critiquing mode? They do provide us with free and safe stuff and they really don't have to?

So come on, guys and gals, can we show our gratitude as well, please? It is the polite thing to do.Very Happy
Well its a feedback post for things wrong for the site...?

By the way its a great site and I hope I posted enough feedback, I can't find any more problems.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:38

We are trying to help here by giving feedback. I'm not saying this website is terrible or anything but I know from experience that getting feedback on your website from 'outsiders' is extremely helpful, especially when there are bugs in the code which you haven't discovered yet. So please consider my posts as trying to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:50

New design would be fine Razz

my resolution is 1366 x 768 and website is too wide Smile

screenshot: http://www.luthien.fuksiewicz.eu/galeria/d/4630-1/Przechwytywanie.JPG

Last edited by luthien on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 23:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add screenshot)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 22:54

luthien wrote:New design would be fine Razz

my resolution is 1366 x 768 and website is too wide Smile

Admin wrote:Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)

Thank you for your resolution! If you could also post a screenshot of how it looks on that resolution, that would be great!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 23:05

sorry, screenshot added Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 23:32

Holy crap I could KISS you!
Well I couldn't, actually, but I WOULD!
Thank you so much for being so retardedly awesome 24/7 and 8 days a week Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 00:31

I really like how there are pictures and descriptions of the package files. There's many times where I'll forget what items are in them since the package names tend to be different from the Sims 3 store name. Very Happy 

Thanks Admin!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top