Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 19 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 19 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 21:05

Hello, I'm currently in the process of downloading store items for the Sims 3.
However, I've discovered that the page for September 2011 doesn't have
any download links and makes references to October 2010 instead.
There's also some other pages I found with missing links:

May 2013
December 2013 (it's also misnamed 'August 2013')
June 2014
July 2014
August 2014 (it looks like there should be more than one link, misnamed 'July 2014')

I've searched around the site and can't find the items (I also noticed
that there wasn't a RAR for them when I looked at the index).
Could you please upload this content again?

Many thanks!

EDIT: Thank you for fixing the links!

Last edited by Jade Windheart on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 12:58; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 19 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Sep 2014, 17:49

Jade Windheart wrote:Hello, I'm currently in the process of downloading store items for the Sims 3.
However, I've discovered that the page for September 2011 doesn't have
any download links and makes references to October 2010 instead:

[Unfortunately I can't post the link]

I've searched around the site and can't find the items at all (I also noticed
that there wasn't a RAR for them when I looked at the index).
Could you please upload this content again?

Many thanks!

EDIT: Here's a few other pages I found that are missing links:

May 2013
December 2013 (it's also misnamed 'August 2013')
June 2014
July 2014
August 2014 (it looks like there should be more than one link, misnamed 'July 2014')

Hello again,

Thank you for reporting these ! Keep in mind though, that the Admin is currently not regularly available; therefore it will take some (more) time until the site is completely finished. Also, the current priorities lie elsewhere (namely in getting a safe and working pirated copy of The Sims 4 released). 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 04 Jan 2015, 15:07

Thanks a lot!! Now I guess I have all items from the store, finally! I wil try it for the next few days and I will look forward uploading a "complete" torrent soon, combining the package files from Rachel's Toolkit, your files and the ones from Games4TheWorld page...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jan 2015, 22:49

SvenT wrote:Thanks a lot!! Now I guess I have all items from the store, finally! I wil try it for the next few days and I will look forward uploading a "complete" torrent soon, combining the package files from Rachel's Toolkit, your files and the ones from Games4TheWorld page...
I am also looking for all items in the store in Sim3pack format to download, but i just thought links to 2013 (sorry for my bad english , I'm using google translator)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 25 Jan 2015, 02:56

I will look forward releasing an unofficial torrent soon with the "Sim Architect Store & Favorite CC Pack" just the way I play it (I will just upload my package files for you to enjoy).

I have all (or almost all) store content and very few CC, only what is necessary for my world, Blue River (just some rabbit hole rugs and a ramp that is installed as stairs, for multilevel garages and disabled people's ramps)...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 03:31

Hello! I just registered to the forum, but I've been downloading stuff from you guys since around the TS3 Pets DLC.

From what I saw on the Store Updates page, I should put my feedback here, right?

Every pack that I've downloaded worked just fine! One or other didnt work at first, but removing and reinstalling them solved the problem.

Looking at the pages, some links are either broken, missing or the page is blank. I know you guys are still setting up, but I'll put the ones I've found here so I can be yelled at for posting about something you guys already know.

-June 2009 (Empty page, shows as October 2010)
-March, April, May, June (All empty, shows as October 2010)
-May 2011 (Several links missing, but I guess that is the point since the compilation has all the items)
-September 2011 (Empty page, shows as October 2010)
-December 2012 (Complete Month link is missing)
-May, August 2013 (Empty pages)
-June, July 2014 (Empty pages)
-August 2014 (Shows as July, other than that, the Gondola link works)

And thats it! Thanks for the good work guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Feb 2015, 17:33

MobyTheDuck wrote:Hello! I just registered to the forum, but I've been downloading stuff from you guys since around the TS3 Pets DLC.

From what I saw on the Store Updates page, I should put my feedback here, right?

Every pack that I've downloaded worked just fine! One or other didnt work at first, but removing and reinstalling them solved the problem.

Looking at the pages, some links are either broken, missing or the page is blank. I know you guys are still setting up, but I'll put the ones I've found here so I can be yelled at for posting about something you guys already know.

-June 2009 (Empty page, shows as October 2010)
-May 2011 (Several links missing, but I guess that is the point since the compilation has all the items)

And thats it! Thanks for the good work guys!

Hello and welcome,

Thank you for the feedback ! The issues will be taken care of as soon as possible.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 04 Feb 2015, 22:26

MobyTheDuck wrote:-June 2009 (Empty page, shows as October 2010)
Hi there,

Thank you for letting us know!
I checked those pages and...

May 2011: those downloads are missing, because I simply don't have the .Sims3Pack files (yet?). Can you confirm that all the missing items are part of that compilation?
December 2012: FIXED, thanks!
August 2013: no empty page for me HERE...
August 2014: typo FIXED. Smile

As for all the other pages, please refer to the big/huge note on the homepage (which you seemingly already read). All those "missing" links and empty pages have not been added to the website yet.
If any of the above changes didn't show up for you, just refresh the page or clear all your cookies and try again.

Keep 'em coming, thank you very much! Carlos is tha man
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 03:10

King Admin wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you for letting us know!
I checked those pages and...

May 2011: those downloads are missing, because I simply don't have the .Sims3Pack files (yet?). Can you confirm that all the missing items are part of that compilation?
December 2012: FIXED, thanks!
August 2013: no empty page for me HERE...
August 2014: typo FIXED. Smile

As for all the other pages, please refer to the big/huge note on the homepage (which you seemingly already read). All those "missing" links and empty pages have not been added to the website yet.
If any of the above changes didn't show up for you, just refresh the page or clear all your cookies and try again.

Keep 'em coming, thank you very much! Carlos is tha man

The May 2011 compilation description says it has Tiki Outdoor Party, Mid-Century Fantasy and Everyday Casual, and since these are the only packs on that page, I would assume so.

August 2013 was probably an error on my side, it seems like the page shows as empty (like June 2009) until it completely loads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Aug 2015, 14:32

Hi, I've only just discoverd your website and I love it already. 
I have just one problem. There don't seem to be any links to click for me when look at the sims 3 dowload pages. It's mostly the later update pages. It does give the "click to download" text, but no link attached. I'm using chrome as my browser

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 01 Aug 2015, 23:37

Arydya wrote:Hi, I've only just discoverd your website and I love it already. 
I have just one problem. There don't seem to be any links to click for me when look at the sims 3 dowload pages. It's mostly the later update pages. It does give the "click to download" text, but no link attached. I'm using chrome as my browser
Hi there,

Please see the website's homepage. Smile
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 19 Empty Missing links etc

Post by Guest Fri 11 Sep 2015, 00:34

nothing to see here

Last edited by JackOnYourBack on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 23:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 19 Empty Monthly Store Download updates incomplete.

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 06:53

I have been downloading your monthly store updates from the your  download section that lists the individual months but I have found that there are quite a few months that either have no links or the links are no longer functioning. I have found that by downloading in these smaller amounts it is easier to control my download limits. So would it be possible to relink these updates or will it be necessary for me to go back and download from the torrent which atm could bring me over my download limits.
Cheers
Linda

Admin edit: Post merged.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 20 Dec 2015, 12:36

linfer wrote:I have been downloading your monthly store updates from the your  download section that lists the individual months but I have found that there are quite a few months that either have no links or the links are no longer functioning. I have found that by downloading in these smaller amounts it is easier to control my download limits. So would it be possible to relink these updates or will it be necessary for me to go back and download from the torrent which atm could bring me over my download limits.
Cheers
Linda
Hi there,

Please see the website's homepage.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 16:04

So it appears that the downloads site is down again...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 16:11

b.elyse wrote:So it appears that the downloads site is down again...

Hello and welcome to the forum @b.elyse,

The site is accessible on my end. Try refreshing your page by pressing F5 on your keyboard. If it's still the same, try clearing the cache and cookies of your browser. Typically, you can press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE (at least in Firefox & Chrome) and then select + confirm the deleting options. Restart your browser and try again, then. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 16:26

Carlos wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum @b.elyse,

The site is accessible on my end. Try refreshing your page by pressing F5 on your keyboard. If it's still the same, try clearing the cache and cookies of your browser. Typically, you can press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE (at least in Firefox & Chrome) and then select + confirm the deleting options. Restart your browser and try again, then. Smile

Thanks! I've frequented the site for a few years, but never joined until now.

I've cleared out everything, restarted browser, refreshed my system, and even reset the internet. I keep getting the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT  error. I'll give it a few hours and try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 16:31

b.elyse wrote:

Thanks! I've frequented the site for a few years, but never joined until now.

I've cleared out everything, restarted browser, refreshed my system, and even reset the internet. I keep getting the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT  error. I'll give it a few hours and try again.

Interesting glitch. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I'm not sure if ISPs in certain countries are now attempting to block the site, but you can test that by using a proxy or VPN. Maybe you could try a different browser too, but other than that I'm unsure for now, I'm sorry. Maybe @Captain Admin knows more about this. Feel free to wait for his take on the issue here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 13 Apr 2016, 19:21

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply.
I can confirm that the website was down for quite a few hours. Everything should be working fine now though. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Apr 2016, 06:34

Hi Hi,

Just letting you know that the links for Sims 3 Store Updates December 2010 downloads (it was split in 2 parts) are dead - no hyperlink or download connected. I think I recall them being active... but I can't quite remember. 

Also, in April 2011, if you try to individually download the FaireFolkNurserySet you get: 

Not Found
The requested URL /ts3/store-2011/files/april/FairyFolkNurserySet.Sims3PackairyFolkNurserySet.Sims3Pack was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yet, you can download the whole month. Whether the set will work (I'll just delete the sets I don't want and put in only that set), I don't yet know, but will check and then edit this post (again Smile ) 
Thanks! Smile

Last edited by GigaByte on Mon 25 Apr 2016, 06:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Info Found)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Apr 2016, 15:55

Hi GigaByte,

Here is the correct link for the FairyFolkNurserySet: www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/store-2011/files/april/FairyFolkNurserySet.Sims3Pack
I'll fix the link on the download page very soon.

As for the December 2010 Updates, I'm not sure why there is no link for those. That might mean that the files were not complete (yet), and hence the download links have not been added (yet). I'll have to look into that later on.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2016, 21:09

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Interesting glitch. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I'm not sure if ISPs in certain countries are now attempting to block the site, but you can test that by using a proxy or VPN. Maybe you could try a different browser too, but other than that I'm unsure for now, I'm sorry. Maybe @"Captain Admin" knows more about this. Feel free to wait for his take on the issue here.

Haha, 4 months later and my computer finally decides to get the websites to work  Facepalm at least it's working now! Thanks for all the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Aug 2016, 22:23

b.elyse wrote:Haha, 4 months later and my computer finally decides to get the websites to work  Facepalm at least it's working now! Thanks for all the help!
Hi again,

Glad to hear it's working now!
Maybe your IP was (accidentally) blocked by the server's firewall. Next time this happens, feel free to send me a PM (including your IP address) on the Forum and I'll check it out for you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Mar 2017, 07:07

I am going to close this thread now, since we will be working on a (graphically) revamped alternative to provide downloads for individual .sims3pack files. 

If you still find items missing that have not been mentioned in this thread thus far feel free to check out the complete TS3 store release, or if you don't want that pack in its entirety, feel free to open a new thread in our TS3 Downloads Support-section and open a new thread. We will then attempt to provide temporary links for missing .sims3pack items.

At this point we'd also like to thank everybody who has contributed in some way or another to the creation of this download server - your feedback is very appreciated, and will be used for the 're-vamp' we had in mind. Most of the credit though goes to @Adwomin for this site. Smile

The topic is closed now. Have fun, and stay tuned for more updates on this!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Back to top