Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant Patch sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cant Patch sims 3 Empty Cant Patch sims 3

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 20:15

Hi All

I need some help I havent been on my game in some time I updated a lot of my mods before the game update and now the game wont update I've tried downloading the newest Aug patch but it crashes before it finishes saying it got interuppted Im so frustrated as my game was working ok last night albiet a little slow but working I've tried to download june july and August patch from the new site but there is no links Help

//EDIT

Update

sorry it comes up with a message Error found then says installation was interrupted seriously fed up now

//EDIT

Gee Im really sorry

it says error invalid file found then installation was interruted

Moderator edit: please, if you wish to add anything to your post, then use the "edit" button. Not only is double-/multi-posting considered like spamming, but it also makes the topic more difficult to read. Thank you Wink 

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Cant Patch sims 3 Empty Re: Cant Patch sims 3

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Aug 2013, 20:41

Hello,

How did you try to update the game ? Have you also tried the "manual patch" ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

If you already tried that, you might try downloading the patch with a different internet browser.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 21:24

Aww thank you I got the manual patch to work now to see if my game loads

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 09:35

Please tell us how it went!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 20:12

Hi All

Well Im patched up to date Yeah       but when I try to move to Isla Paradiso it stops half way through and keeps going round like its loading it was trying to load for nearly 2 hours last evening so from one problem to the next I will be removing all my mods tonight to see if one of them are causing it a problem Censored lol!

Well that was a waste of my time for the past 2 nights I removed every mod from my game and now it wont even load it crashes before the load screen Can some one Help please Help Help Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:40

Please go to Documents\Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" to "The Sims 3.old".
See if the game works better...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 15:47

Hi
 THe sims work but the new EP10 Island Paradise doesnt load fully it gets to halfway then just sits there I can play in my university game but it wont save it crashes and a lot of the in game products dont work now like the buffet table and some other little things I guess updating didnt work out to well for me this time oh I have every EP all 19 installed, I have just renamed my folder like you suggest and will update you on its progress many thanks for your help The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 15:48

No problem. Please do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:01

Hi

The game loads perfectly but I have none of my downlads or lots none of my families Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:09

Yes, this is normal. This folder contained your saved games.
Now, remove the ".old" in the folder's name, and try to Try to delete the cache.

Then restart your game. See if it helps. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:12

Hi Shamrock

Im not being Dim honestly which cache will I delete as I usually delete Cas Part,Compositor,script,sim compositorand thumbnails cache's if I add anything new to my game

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:16

Ameera42 wrote:Hi Shamrock

Im not being Dim honestly which cache will I delete as I usually delete Cas Part,Compositor,script,sim compositorand thumbnails cache's if I add anything new to my game
Hello again,

If you use your "old" The Sims 3 folder, then I would also, besides the cache files that Shamrock mentioned, look into the folder "Currentgame.sims3". If there are any contents in it, please delete everything. If not, then it's fine too. Wink  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:20

Hi Carlos
I've deleted the Currentgames.sims3  content but still dont know whichcache Shamrock was meaning ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:22

Thing is, I think this means your saved game is corrupted.
So you might have to delete the folder altogether. You will lose all saved items and most CC...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:23

Ameera42 wrote:Hi Carlos
I've deleted the Currentgames.sims3  content but still dont know whichcache Shamrock was meaning ??
OK, here it is what you should delete: Wink 

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:29

Hi To Both of you

thanks for all your help I have deleted all caches world and thumbnails included, I will test the game and let you know how it goes I dont want to keep harrassing you on the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:35

Don't worry!
Please do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 18:33

Hi Guys
 many thanks for all your help my game works perfectly now but I wish i had realised how much I was going to lose by updating I would have had second thoughts I've had my sims since I started to play and not had any problem I had all skill levels and 5 star celebs they were halfway through degrees now I have one single sim living in a shoe box size house with barely any skill on any topic its totally put me off the game Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 18:50

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can use cheatcodes to even it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 08 Aug 2013, 20:36

Ameera42 wrote:Hi Guys
 many thanks for all your help my game works perfectly now but I wish i had realised how much I was going to lose by updating I would have had second thoughts I've had my sims since I started to play and not had any problem I had all skill levels and 5 star celebs they were halfway through degrees now I have one single sim living in a shoe box size house with barely any skill on any topic its totally put me off the game Sad
Maybe I overlooked that, but you said you renamed the folder "The Sims 3" ? And now you say that your old savegames are gone ?

Have you already tried to go to your OLD "The Sims 3 folder", and copy the sub-folder "Saves" ?

You then need to paste the folder "Saves" into your NEW "The Sims 3" folder - and you need to "overwrite" everything. If done correctly, your old savegame should show up in the main menu then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top