Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible solution for those who are having problem with invisible icon! [The Sims 3]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible solution for those who are having problem with invisible icon! [The Sims 3] Empty Possible solution for those who are having problem with invisible icon! [The Sims 3]

Post by Phoebe Wed 07 Aug 2013, 03:48

Hello all,

I am sure you all already know that some of us have been dealing with serious problems after Island Paradise came out and couldn't figure it out how to solve it yet. Some of us can play IP without having any problems (except "Exception Raised" or lots of lag, usual stuff that EA gave to Mac users as a gift Rolling Eyes  ) but some, including me, were having problems with even installing it. The main problem is game looks like not installed after installing process is over and Island Paradise icon seems invisible on the launcher as if it isn't installed at all.

I was searching and thinking really hard to solve this problem. The thing bothered me was why some can play after Island Paradise while other can't? If the game itself or cracks were corrupted, no one could play it. So I realized I should think like more Macish. I remembered once I couldn't make my game work because I didn't update my game again and again after every EP installation even though the game was up-to-date. If you have a Mac, you need to try every possible way even though they sound rubbish, stupid and illogical. So I tried over and over again and find a (possible) solution:

First of all, this solution is mostly for those who are having "Island Paradise doesn't install/icon is invisible on the launcher" problem. I am not sure if it helps to solve "Exception Raised" problem or any other crashes.

- Make sure you have a clean uninstall. It's important that you delete every game and preferences file from your Mac. Go to this website and read carefully and apply all the instructions before starting to reinstall your game.

- After making sure of you uninstalled everything succesfully, just install the base game. I am using cracked version of The Pirate Bay, so no need installing that, you only need extract it. 

- Open the launcher to see if everything works great now, ignore pop-up prompts to update your game. Now the thing is I started with Seasons because I thought Island Paradise could be the one who causes all the problem. But I am sure you can start with Island Paradise. Because I believe the key is updating game from THE LAUNCHER itself, not manually. I was always using manual update since the automatic one kept creating problems many times before. Just go to "Game Updates" on the launcher and refresh the page and click to update your game to patch 1.55.

I think the reason why some can play Island Paradise while other can't do it is about that. Some patched their game from game launcher, but some like me updated manually. Of course this doesn't mean manual update is corrupted or something. It's just our Macs want it with that way, and we can't find a logical way for explaning it. Rolling Eyes 

- After that I just applied the cracks as Ultimate Fix explains how and when I opened the launcher both Seasons and Island Paradise icons were visible on the launcher. And I could enter the game without any problem and tested for a while. It works like a charm now.

I hope it works for everyone. 

Last edited by Phoebe on Mon 27 Jul 2015, 22:23; edited 1 time in total
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Possible solution for those who are having problem with invisible icon! [The Sims 3] Empty Re: Possible solution for those who are having problem with invisible icon! [The Sims 3]

Post by J.T. Sun 11 Aug 2013, 10:10

Hello,

You know, Crinrict is just a volunteer like us. Shush... Cool 
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Possible solution for those who are having problem with invisible icon! [The Sims 3] Empty Re: Possible solution for those who are having problem with invisible icon! [The Sims 3]

Post by Phoebe Sun 11 Aug 2013, 15:56

Hello cat,

Crincit is already working like us so I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the answers all Mac users they got from official EA helpers and come to Crincit for a solution. Don't you think it's such an irony? Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 18:04

I now managed to make university work using this, but supernatural still remains undetected.*sigh*
I hope they spend more time on the sims 4 for Mac...

EDIT: I tried this again, using my store bought copy of the base game and it works. Thanks Smile

Last edited by Eadin on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 00:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tried it again)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Thu 12 Sep 2013, 18:10

Hi Pheobe!

Thanks for this post! I'm sure it will help many of the mac users =)
I just thought I might let you know that I also update my game via the launcher itself.
The manual patches always destroys my whole game.. (I have a feeling it has something to do with the region codes)

Anyway, I have updated my game and applied the Ultimate Fix, and Island Paradise works like a charm now Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2015, 20:30

I have a question since you said you started with Seasons, did you mean you started with installing Seasons (and then World Adventures or something?) Do we need to install everything in the 'right' order or is anything fine as long as we update through the launcher?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 21 Jul 2015, 16:39

Hello callsim,

That time yeah, I started with Seasons directly, but usually I always go from the first to last. Because I think it matters mostly, sometiömes expansion packs are different than each other, like with Generations and World Adventures, only old style copy and paste was enough but after Ambitions, we needed to have only one file to crack every expansion.

So it's better to install them in right order if we want to the whole expansion packs.

Mod edit: moved to "Mac Fixes".

- The_gh0stm4n
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top