Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 issues Empty Sims 3 issues

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2013, 04:52

Hi,

:newfag: I've lurked for a long time, but now I need some help.

I have probably half the Sims 3 expansions on disk and the others I have downloaded from Games4theworld - thank you.

So, I installed all the games and started to play Island Paradise last night and about ten minutes in it crashed with a white pop up box that said it had an error and was forced to close.

I tried to run the update for the game, as I reopened the launcher with the intention of trying to play it again, but the update failed. So, I downloaded the manual patch and decided to download the ultimate crack you have thinking that it might help get rid of the error.

This morning I successfully installed the updated and copied over all the bits and pieces for the crack correctly. Now, it won't even open the launcher. It comes up with the "Sims3Launcher has stopped working" without even thinking about opening the actual launcher.

Any suggestions other than uninstalling and reinstalling. The other unusual thing I noticed is that only half the little icons representing your installed expansion are not faded. Up until Showtime they're all installed and the rest are faded indicating they are not installed, but in my programs list they're all there.
Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 issues Empty Re: Sims 3 issues

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Sep 2013, 04:58

michelle_kent1 wrote:Hi,

:newfag: I've lurked for a long time, but now I need some help.

I have probably half the Sims 3 expansions on disk and the others I have downloaded from Games4theworld - thank you.

So, I installed all the games and started to play Island Paradise last night and about ten minutes in it crashed with a white pop up box that said it had an error and was forced to close.

I tried to run the update for the game, as I reopened the launcher with the intention of trying to play it again, but the update failed. So, I downloaded the manual patch and decided to download the ultimate crack you have thinking that it might help get rid of the error.

This morning I successfully installed the updated and copied over all the bits and pieces for the crack correctly. Now, it won't even open the launcher. It comes up with the "Sims3Launcher has stopped working" without even thinking about opening the actual launcher.

Any suggestions other than uninstalling and reinstalling. The other unusual thing I noticed is that only half the little icons representing your installed expansion are not faded. Up until Showtime they're all installed and the rest are faded indicating they are not installed, but in my programs list they're all there.
Help
Hello,

How did you apply the "Ultimate fix" ? At first, run the "manual patch", then take the two files from the #crack-folder in the Ultimate fix (only these two files, nothing else). Copy them to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Game. You need to replace the existing files. And that should do.

If your launcher doesn't start, you can try to double-click on the TS3W.exe in the base game location (the one I just posted).

Good luck ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2013, 05:05

Thank you for your response! Smile

I followed the directions in the Ultimate fix by applying all the files from each folder... was that wrong? Am I able to undo what I did or do I need to uninstall and do it again?

I just tried to open it from the TS3W.exe and it won't do anything :\

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Sep 2013, 05:15

michelle_kent1 wrote:Thank you for your response! Smile

I followed the directions in the Ultimate fix by applying all the files from each folder... was that wrong? Am I able to undo what I did or do I need to uninstall and do it again?

I just tried to open it from the TS3W.exe and it won't do anything :\

Thank you!
As for the crack-files, you should be OK.

Can you remove the folder "The Sims 3" (in My documents/Electronic Arts) first of all. If you have Windows Vista or later, can you right-click on the TS3W.exe and select "run as Administrator" ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top