Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS3 black screen nothing working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS3 black screen nothing working. [SOLVED] Empty TS3 black screen nothing working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 11:24

Hey, at the beggining sorry for my english. I'm from Czech Rep so I've got problems, but who cares.
I've got problems with my sims 3, before I instaled the update for 1,55 everything worked great with no problems, but after instalation of 1.55 and Island paradise I've got only black screen. I tried to re-install everything, I've try actually everything what I found on the internet, but nothing is working. If I rename the file in my documents and make another as I read on the internet the game start, but only once, when I quit and after some time I try to play again the game won't start. But today I tried to make the file as before the game won't start even though. I'm so desperate. I love to play my sims 3. I've got intel graphic up to date. Direct x up to date and I don't know where's the problem.
Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.

Back to top Go down

TS3 black screen nothing working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: TS3 black screen nothing working. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Oct 2013, 12:52

cathwitt wrote:Hey, at the beggining sorry for my english. I'm from Czech Rep so I've got problems, but who cares.
I've got problems with my sims 3, before I instaled the update for 1,55 everything worked great with no problems, but after instalation of 1.55 and Island paradise I've got only black screen. I tried to re-install everything, I've try actually everything what I found on the internet, but nothing is working. If I rename the file in my documents and make another as I read on the internet the game start, but only once, when I quit and after some time I try to play again the game won't start. But today I tried to make the file as before the game won't start even though. I'm so desperate. I love to play my sims 3. I've got intel graphic up to date. Direct x up to date and I don't know where's the problem.
Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.

Hello,

OK, let's try a few things:

1) Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saved sims. In this folder, is there a file named downloadedsims.index ? If yes, delete it. This helped for some people.

2) Then in
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCCache, are there files with a .tmp ending ? If, yes, delete all those files.

3) In
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ there should be a file called options.ini. Open the file and look for fullscreen = 1. You should try to change the line to fullscreen = 0. Of course, you need to "save" the file then (exit the file and if you are prompted if you want to save the changes, click yes). This means your game will (maybe ?) start in "windowed mode", and not in fullscreen anymore.

4) Reduce the resolution of your computer screen.

5) Now try to re-start the game. Good luck ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

TS3 black screen nothing working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: TS3 black screen nothing working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 00:40

Huh. I did everything you wrote and I don't even need the windowed mode. After deleting all the files game works great!
Thank you veeeery much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:15

Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 12:26

Problem solved. Thank you very much

//LOCKED
Shamrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top