Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect (Insert Disk 2)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mass Effect (Insert Disk 2) Empty Mass Effect (Insert Disk 2)

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2011, 17:23

I know a lot of people have been bugging you guys about this issue in the past so please forgive me for having the same one. After reading through numerous comments on TPB's website and through the various threads here on your own forums and trying all of the suggestions I am still getting a "Please insert disk (disc 2)" message roughly halfway through the installation. I followed the steps in the launcher, unraring everything to a folder on my desktop and running the installation program. I even downloaded your copy of WinRar from your website and it still causes the same message. I have tried extracting every file and folder in the Data folder individually with the same result. Looking closeley at the installer it appears that I get the disk insert prompt after it finishes extracting everything from the Textures archive, specifically after the JUG_08_CIN_T.upk file. Opening the Textures archive there arn't anymore files in there after that one.

The only thing I can think of at this point are two error messages I get when extracting the original archive to my desktop folder. The errors are "CRC failed in data\mapsNOR.rar. The file is corrupt" and "CRC failed in data\maps01.rar. The file is corrupt." I'm wondering if those errors have something to do with the insert disk message I'm getting. In any case, I'm completely at a loss at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I apologize for bringing an old problem to your attention. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect (Insert Disk 2) Empty Re: Mass Effect (Insert Disk 2)

Post by Admin Sun 10 Jul 2011, 18:23

Hello,

No problem at all. After all we're here to help you with your problem(s).
Anyhow, it seems that the corrupt files are causing the problem. Corrupt files are usually caused by errors during the download process. The only thing you can do at this point is redownloading the torrent, I'm afraid.
After you're done redownloading, just follow these steps:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male