Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lost save games after installing stff pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

lost save games after installing stff pack Empty lost save games after installing stff pack

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 21:43

so first of all i havent played sims for a few months i updates my game using the manuel patch as i always get invalid file, instlled movie stuff pack, and then ultimate fix as usual, then installed moonlight hollow on loading i thougt something looked wrong but didnt clikc till i nticed i had no ppl in moonlight hollow, then i realised there wasnt a list of saved games upon playing its acting like a new game all settings bk to facotry and its askign me if i want a tutiorial, also my custom content has dissapered?

Back to top Go down

lost save games after installing stff pack Empty Re: lost save games after installing stff pack

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 17 Oct 2013, 16:36

Hello,

Have a look at the The Sims 3 folder in Documents, is there anything strange about it?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

lost save games after installing stff pack Empty Re: lost save games after installing stff pack

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 20:53

tbh i cant tell b ut my saves folder i deffo empty, its like even though i didnt do anything in my dcs i did it all thru cdrive, ive ended up with a fresh game Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 17 Oct 2013, 21:13

As odd as this is, it also happened to me. I had a backup of my games & mods, so I didn't lose them, but it's like I reset the folder. I did the same things as you down to not having played for a while, only minus the new world. I thought I must have done something wrong, but since it happened to someone else too, I'm wondering where we did something to make our games reset themselves.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 17 Oct 2013, 21:20

heva2k wrote:tbh i cant tell b ut my saves folder i deffo empty, its like even though i didnt do anything in my dcs i did it all thru cdrive, ive ended up with a fresh game Sad
invalidusername wrote:As odd as this is, it also happened to me. I had a backup of my games & mods, so I didn't lose them, but it's like I reset the folder. I did the same things as you down to not having played for a while, only minus the new world. I thought I must have done something wrong, but since it happened to someone else too, I'm wondering where we did something to make our games reset themselves.
Hello all,

It's just a theory, but what I always do before patching and installing expansions is to rename/remove the folder "The Sims 3", because the things inside that folder (savefiles, mods, CC, etc.) can be "modified" during patching  - sometimes with bizarre results. Shocked

To the topic creator, if there's really nothing there inside your "The Sims 3"-folder, and you don't have a backup, then I'm afraid there's nothing you can do. Wat.  You might want to try the same as I always do, next time before patching or installing an expansion pack.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 21:26

yeh ive accpeted i cnat get the saves bk but thats no biggu really and wil have to redwnload all my custom content a  dont have any og them either, but what bout the fact midnight hollow has no sims in it other then my fmaily, i havent checked other worlds yet, i vaugly remember someone mention thi after an expansion pack not sure if it was uni?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 17 Oct 2013, 21:30

heva2k wrote:yeh ive accpeted i cnat get the saves bk but thats no biggu really and wil have to redwnload all my custom content a  dont have any og them either, but what bout the fact midnight hollow has no sims in it other then my fmaily, i havent checked other worlds yet, i vaugly remember someone mention thi after an expansion pack not sure if it was uni?
I have to admit I'm not sure about that problem; but can you try following the instructions in the following topic ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

If you do all of that, it should remove your "Midnight Hollow" world from the game. And after that, of course, you should re-install the world with the launcher. Then start the game, make again a new savegame (just to test) and see if anything changed.

Good luck ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 01:59

Actually, my family is missing but there is one folder, it says Newton.sims3.backup
The family was originally Newton. There are other files. There seems to be the Newton.sims3 original folder. How can I fix that and get my family back?

Moderator edit: could you make a new topic for your problem ? We prefer people making new topics, instead of posting under someone else's thread. Thank you.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top