Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble with CAS and Household/Town Loading. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble with CAS and Household/Town Loading. [SOLVED] Empty Trouble with CAS and Household/Town Loading. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 04:40

Hi!

I recently installed Sims 3 and a bunch of the expansions and stuff packs and used the Ultimate Fix to patch them.  I set the DEP for each one that I installed. The game starts fine but when I go to create a new sim/household the buttons for hairstyle, basics, etc don't bring up any options. When I randomize a sim and just go to move them in I hit a loading screen and it never goes any further. Also, I tried to just move in an existing household and that works but the second I take it off pause the entire game crashes. I've been trying for the better part of the day to figure this out with no success.

I'm running a Windows 8 64 bit OS with a 3.5 ghz processor, a GeForce 760 and 16 GB RAM so hardware isn't the problem.

The programs I had installed were:

The Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, 70's 80's and 90's Stuff, Movie Stuff, Diesel Stuff, Master Suite Stuff and high End Loft Stuff.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Trouble with CAS and Household/Town Loading. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Trouble with CAS and Household/Town Loading. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Oct 2013, 11:31

Bremu CaYon wrote:Hi!

I recently installed Sims 3 and a bunch of the expansions and stuff packs and used the Ultimate Fix to patch them.  I set the DEP for each one that I installed. The game starts fine but when I go to create a new sim/household the buttons for hairstyle, basics, etc don't bring up any options. When I randomize a sim and just go to move them in I hit a loading screen and it never goes any further. Also, I tried to just move in an existing household and that works but the second I take it off pause the entire game crashes. I've been trying for the better part of the day to figure this out with no success.

I'm running a Windows 8 64 bit OS with a 3.5 ghz processor, a GeForce 760 and 16 GB RAM so hardware isn't the problem.

The programs I had installed were:

The Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, 70's 80's and 90's Stuff, Movie Stuff, Diesel Stuff, Master Suite Stuff and high End Loft Stuff.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Hello,

Are you using mods ? If yes, have you made sure that they are compatible with your base game patch level ? (i.e. are your mods all up-to-date ?)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Trouble with CAS and Household/Town Loading. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Trouble with CAS and Household/Town Loading. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 16:21

The only other thing I had installed was a bunch of store content but when I saw that I was having trouble I removed all of it thinking that one of the files might have been corrupted. So I currently have no mods or store content installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 31 Oct 2013, 16:25

Can you please repeat steps 2-4 of this guide again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

Redownload the Ultimate Fix and delete the one you downloaded because the one you downloaded consists of outdated Fix (which was mistakenly uploaded to our server). Reapply the new Fix and let us know the result.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 17:58

Just to make sure nothing got screwed up I completely uninstalled all the packs and removed the registry entries and then re-installed using a new copy of the ultimate fix and the patch. It now works fine with out any store content installed.

Thanks for your help. My girlfriend appreciates being able to play it again!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 31 Oct 2013, 19:13

Problem solved, topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top