Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 repeating freeze (solved)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 repeating freeze (solved) Empty Sims 3 repeating freeze (solved)

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 18:40

Hello :newfag: 
I have purchased The Sims 3 base game and Ambitions ep. I have downloaded from gftw the Island paradise and Into The Future eps. I have followed all the steps thoroughly in the 'how to install sims 3 correctly' guide and then resorted to 'the sims 3 crashes or freezes destop fix' guide. I followed all the steps in this guide too. For some reason ITF doesn't load up which I am fine with. Island paradise starts up after I receive a warning message asking if I wish to continue despite the possibility of game crashing due to potential bugs. It always works fine upto a certain point in the game. Specifically after I select a new game it repeatedly freezes when the green loading bar has reached a certain spot. This freeze occurs everytime I try again. I keep thinking maybe some file or the other is missing. I have to inevitably shut everything down.

Can anyone help me out please? I feel like uninstalling everything because now I can't even play. Help 
Thank you in advance! x

Last edited by warpaint on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 19:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 repeating freeze (solved) Empty Re: Sims 3 repeating freeze (solved)

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 31 Oct 2013, 19:02

Hello,

Please redownload the Ultimate Fix from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Once you redownload it, follow steps 2 through 5 for me and let me know if that solves your problem!
Unfortunately, Moderators here found out that an old version of the Ultimate Fix was being uploaded;  we're very sorry for the inconvenience in regards to this, however we have fixed it and the updated version is back up!

Let us know your progress! Wink
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 19:55

Sephymuffins wrote:Hello,

Please redownload the Ultimate Fix from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Once you redownload it, follow steps 2 through 5 for me and let me know if that solves your problem!
Unfortunately, Moderators here found out that an old version of the Ultimate Fix was being uploaded;  we're very sorry for the inconvenience in regards to this, however we have fixed it and the updated version is back up!

Let us know your progress! Wink
Hi l'il muffin! Thank you for your reply! So I follow the link and download the Ultimate Fix listed in step 3 and then follow steps 2-5 (which would involve downloading the UF for a second time)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 31 Oct 2013, 20:29

Yes! Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 21:03

Sephymuffins wrote:Yes! Smile
Okay. I'm waiting for the manual patch to download (step 2). Before this I downloaded and applied the Ultimate Fix according to the tutorial video. So I copied the exe files of TS3 into the original base game bin (which is in my D: drive instead of my C: drive because I installed it from the CD this way) and I copied the Ambitions exe files and 'all expansion packs released after generations' exe files into their installed game bins (there are no fix folders for into the future or island paradise.) Could you verify if this is correct please before I move on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 31 Oct 2013, 22:47

warpaint wrote:
Okay. I'm waiting for the manual patch to download (step 2). Before this I downloaded and applied the Ultimate Fix according to the tutorial video. So I copied the exe files of TS3 into the original base game bin (which is in my D: drive instead of my C: drive because I installed it from the CD this way) and I copied the Ambitions exe files and 'all expansion packs released after generations' exe files into their installed game bins (there are no fix folders for into the future or island paradise.) Could you verify if this is correct please before I move on?
Please only follow the steps provided here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

You do not need to extract anything OTHER than the contents inside the #Crack folder.  You do not need to follow the video, as it isn't very up to date.  Smile

The one thing you do want to do though is ensure you're using the manual patch before the ultimate fix.  It's okay that you did the Fix first, however when your download is done, follow the steps in order (via the link above).

Hope that answers your questions. Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 17:19

Sephymuffins wrote:
warpaint wrote:
Please only follow the steps provided here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

You do not need to extract anything OTHER than the contents inside the #Crack folder.  You do not need to follow the video, as it isn't very up to date.  Smile

The one thing you do want to do though is ensure you're using the manual patch before the ultimate fix.  It's okay that you did the Fix first, however when your download is done, follow the steps in order (via the link above).

Hope that answers your questions. Smile
 It worked! You're a star - thank you for your support

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 17:51

Anything else we can help you with? Smile
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top