Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to uninstall a world & all it's contents!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to uninstall a world & all it's contents!? Empty How to uninstall a world & all it's contents!?

Post by Guest Sat 07 Dec 2013, 10:39

I've tried b4 by going into the launcher & just pressing uninstall world, but it's not completely uninstalled b/c of the individual objects that came with it in the installed panel... (like trees, wallpapers etc.)

How does one figure out which objects came with a specific world!?

... Or do I just have to uninstall everything then reinstall what I want to keep!? Wat. 

I want to uninstall Hidden Springs btw

Back to top Go down

How to uninstall a world & all it's contents!? Empty Re: How to uninstall a world & all it's contents!?

Post by J.T. Sat 07 Dec 2013, 13:56

Actually due to crappy design of The Sims launcher, you might have to make a more tedious effort to search and delete the world and the custom content that comes with the world.

Personally, I think you have to keep a list (yes in .txt or .doc(x). Just to keep a record what you have everytime you install a world, so as to track down the stuff and delete the things you want to delete.

However, if it's really messy, I strongly recommend you to delete all and start over.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

How to uninstall a world & all it's contents!? Empty Re: How to uninstall a world & all it's contents!?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Dec 2013, 01:58

kimirs15 wrote:I've tried b4 by going into the launcher & just pressing uninstall world, but it's not completely uninstalled b/c of the individual objects that came with it in the installed panel... (like trees, wallpapers etc.)

How does one figure out which objects came with a specific world!?

... Or do I just have to uninstall everything then reinstall what I want to keep!? Wat. 

I want to uninstall Hidden Springs btw
Hello,

That's the first time I've heard that you also have to delete/un-install other things "that came along with the installed world" (separately from the actual world); but if you say so, I guess it's true then. Smile  (I guess I'm not an expert when it comes to all sorts of custom content, lol).

To safely remove the world, you could also go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/InstalledWorlds, and then delete the file Hidden Springs.world.

As for the items that came with it, I'm equally unsure. As they don't take too much filespace, I would actually leave the items as they are - but maybe someone else has a better idea.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 08 Dec 2013, 09:41

Hello,

As far as I know, there is no other way to uninstall them then uninstalling from the installed content tab from launcher by clicking them one by one.

And it's such a agony as mostly you don't know which item came with which world. Sad
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top