Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleting university degrees

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deleting university degrees Empty Deleting university degrees

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:28

I'm playing two families at once, and I have the University pack installed. The annoying thing is that TWICE my Sims have gone to university while I wasn't playing them. While it shouldn't affect me, I am bothered that I'm not affecting their life choices because I have their stories played out in my head. Is there any cheat to remove the university degrees? I'd greatl appreciate the help. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Deleting university degrees Empty Re: Deleting university degrees

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:33

I believe that there's a mod out there which allows you to select which EP's you want to play. You could also change the autonomy on your sims.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 17 Jan 2014, 08:21

windibd wrote:I'm playing two families at once, and I have the University pack installed. The annoying thing is that TWICE my Sims have gone to university while I wasn't playing them. While it shouldn't affect me, I am bothered that I'm not affecting their life choices because I have their stories played out in my head. Is there any cheat to remove the university degrees? I'd greatl appreciate the help. Thank you.

Hello there,

While you are not playing with the save, there shouldn't be any autonomy issues with the sims (since time is stopped after you stop playing with the save, aka saving and exiting the game I believe?). What exactly do you mean by "The annoying thing is that TWICE my Sims have gone to university while I wasn't playing them"?

I believe Master Controller and Master Controller Cheats (You must have both installed) can help you delete the degrees they earned. If you don't know how to install Master Controller, please refer to this guide: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf .

After installing Master Controller and Master Controller Cheats, click on the sims you want to delete university degrees with, and choose Sim >> Intermediate >> Career >> Academic Degree and set the number of credits to 0. The degrees should be deleted automatically.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:39

Thank you sooo much for this! I stopped playing because I was so annoyed that my Sims think that they know better than to listen to me, their Goddess. Wink I'll install this as soon as I can and let you know how it goes.
I created two families and switch between them to progress the story that I have for them in my head. While I was playing with one household one member of the other household suddenly attended university without my consent. The first time it happened I didn't worry about it too much but when it happened the second time I got frustrated and annoyed. Thanks again for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:24

J.T. wrote:
Hello there,

While you are not playing with the save, there shouldn't be any autonomy issues with the sims (since time is stopped after you stop playing with the save, aka saving and exiting the game I believe?). What exactly do you mean by "The annoying thing is that TWICE my Sims have gone to university while I wasn't playing them"?

I believe Master Controller and Master Controller Cheats (You must have both installed) can help you delete the degrees they earned. If you don't know how to install Master Controller, please refer to this guide: 

After installing Master Controller and Master Controller Cheats, click on the sims you want to delete university degrees with, and choose Sim >> Intermediate >> Career >> Academic Degree and set the number of credits to 0. The degrees should be deleted automatically.

J.T., am I right in thinking that that mod will only remove the degrees that the Sim has? What if he/she decides to go and get those credits back??  Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:50

Hello,

If you really don't want the non-active sims to do things autonomously, Master Controller (with Master Controller Cheats installed) can also help you with that.

Click on the sims you don't want to give autonomy to, and choose Sims >> Advanced >> Change Autonomy. Change the autonomy of specific sims using this cheat and the sims will only engage in interactions directed by you.

But actually the simplest way would be deleting their degrees everytime you've seen them. Would that be more convenient?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 13:08

I guess the OP just doesn't want them to have degrees, so yeah, that probably would be more convenient. I just wanted the OP to see all available options etc Smile

Besides, removing the Sims autonomy would probably result in a death.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 17 Jan 2014, 13:44

occultation wrote:I guess the OP just doesn't want them to have degrees, so yeah, that probably would be more convenient. I just wanted the OP to see all available options etc Smile

Besides, removing the Sims autonomy would probably result in a death.

Hello there,

I don't think so. Disabling the autonomy will only result in sims involving in actions that will satisfy their own motives (like Bladder, and Hunger). The only possible ways to make them die without autonomy and direct control would be selling the fridge or lock the house preventing them to enter during winter (or summer, I am not sure).

Last edited by J.T. on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 13:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong name for motive)
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 13:47

You learn something new everyday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2014, 08:50

J.T. wrote:
windibd wrote:I'm playing two families at once, and I have the University pack installed. The annoying thing is that TWICE my Sims have gone to university while I wasn't playing them. While it shouldn't affect me, I am bothered that I'm not affecting their life choices because I have their stories played out in my head. Is there any cheat to remove the university degrees? I'd greatl appreciate the help. Thank you.

Hello there,

I believe Master Controller and Master Controller Cheats (You must have both installed) can help you delete the degrees they earned. If you don't know how to install Master Controller, please refer to this guide: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf .

I installed both mods and turned on testingcheatsenabled but do not see the Intermediate action. Note that in trying to fix my Sims becoming invisible I renamed my EA folder in Documents at someone else's suggestion and it resetted the whole game (which is a shame). I'll get back to you if my Sims decide to get a degree again. Thanks for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 18 Jan 2014, 09:39

windibd wrote:
J.T. wrote:

Hello there,

I installed both mods and turned on testingcheatsenabled but do not see the Intermediate action. Note that in trying to fix my Sims becoming invisible I renamed my EA folder in Documents at someone else's suggestion and it resetted the whole game (which is a shame). I'll get back to you if my Sims decide to get a degree again. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

If you have done a manual reset, then all the mods/Custom Content will be removed. That might be why you cannot see the interactions of Master Controller.

The other reason you might not see them is that you have done something wrong. You should have clicked on the sims you want to delete the academic degree, and then click Nraas  >> Master Controller
(which I have forgotten to write in my previous post) >> Sim >> Intermediate >> Career >> Academic Degree.

Actually to fix invisible sims, you can let the invisible sims change the outfits and remove the invisible outfits using a wardrobe.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down