Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Helping Getting the SP1 for Win 7 Ultimate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Helping Getting the SP1 for Win 7 Ultimate Empty Need Helping Getting the SP1 for Win 7 Ultimate

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 02:07

I am using your copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and it works like a charm! Thank you!  <3

But a program I want to use requires Service Pack 1, "SP1."  I know I can get this by updating Windows 7, but am hesitant to do this.

Would it be OK to simply get the SP1 from Microsoft or should I try to get the update from somewhere else? And if so, where?

Back to top Go down

Need Helping Getting the SP1 for Win 7 Ultimate Empty Re: Need Helping Getting the SP1 for Win 7 Ultimate

Post by J.T. Sat 19 Apr 2014, 03:02

Hello,

You can download and install Service Pack 1 (SP1) here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842.

Please bear in mind that you do not need to download and install all of the components, only those who suit your pc's system type. To check whether yours is 32 or 64 bit, go to Control Panel >> System and Security >> System. Under the field "System Type". There you will find out the system type that you have.

If you have a 32-bit PC, please download the following:
7601.17514.101119-1850_Update_Sp_Wave1-GRMSP1.1_DVD.iso: containing a DVD image (.iso) of SP1 standalone update for all machines

windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe: in case the DVD image doesn't work, download this one. This one contains 32-bit SP1 update.

If you have a 64-bit PC, please download the following:

7601.17514.101119-1850_Update_Sp_Wave1-GRMSP1.1_DVD.iso

windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe: containing 64-bit SP1 update in case the above DVD image doesn't work.

On a sidenote, can you tell us why you do not want to install SP1 from Windows Update? Windows Update is safe and helps you in debugging and debunking any security holes.

Anyways, please let us know the result, and as usual, good luck!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Need Helping Getting the SP1 for Win 7 Ultimate Empty Re: Need Helping Getting the SP1 for Win 7 Ultimate

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 03:51

oh  haha! i didn't want to update because i was afraid i might have problems since i'm using a pirated copy of windows  ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 19 Apr 2014, 04:15

A_Kitty_Ate_My_Lunch wrote:oh  haha! i didn't want to update because i was afraid i might have problems since i'm using a pirated copy of windows  ^_^

Hello,

In case you need to manually update in the future, I would like to let you know some of the updates that can be downloaded from Microsoft needs validation codes, and if the operating system you have (OS) is not genuine, it is not even possible to download them.

However, if you want to overwrite genuine check of Windows 7 whenever Windows Update is running, you should download RemoveWAT. (I would not give you a link. Search for RemoveWAT on Google, and you can download from the first link of Kickass).

After downloading it, open it and choose "Remove WAT", and after a while you will be required to reboot your pc.

RemoveWAT ensures that you can pass any "genuine activation check" whenever you need to update via Windows Update. In case of any issues, such as an update reverting the "activation" that RemoveWAT has provided, run RemoveWAT again and choose "Restore WAT", and then choose "Remove WAT" and restart your pc. This will create another "activation" and let you update again.

Should you run into any problems, feel free to ask.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Apr 2014, 09:52

J.T. wrote:
In case of any issues, such as an update reverting the "activation" that RemoveWAT has provided, run RemoveWAT again and choose "Restore WAT", and then choose "Remove WAT" and restart your pc. This will create another "activation" and let you update again. Should you run into any problems, feel free to ask.

After you choose "Restore WAT", you might need to re-boot the computer already (first re-boot). Unless the newer WAT versions work differently (than the one I used).

Afterwards, choose "Remove WAT" again, and re-boot again too (second re-boot).

//EDIT

@A_Kitty_Ate_My_Lunch:

By default, your "Windows updates" should be turned ON, so whenever new updates are available, check your taskbar for a notification pop-up. And that SP1 should be included in these automatic Windows updates too. 

Otherwise, turn on the Windows updates in your System Control Panel. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 11:10

I usually turn off Windows Updates because I don't want anything happening without me knowing about it!!

==>  Thank you everyone for all your kind help  <3

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Apr 2014, 20:09

A_Kitty_Ate_My_Lunch wrote:I usually turn off Windows Updates because I don't want anything happening without me knowing about it!!

==>  Thank you everyone for all your kind help  <3

You are welcome ! Smile  Normally, Windows updates shouldn't do any harm - even if they "deactivate" your WAT, it shouldn't affect your current work on the computer - but you will realize it the next time you start the computer. In that case, just re-apply the WAT thingy. Very Happy  

Also, by default, I don't think the updates install by themselves, which means without you consciously choosing the updates nothing will happen. But I may be mistaken...

As for me, it happened only once to me that the WAT was removed by a Windows update, and that was, I think, 2 years ago already.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I will leave the topic open for now. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top