Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0 Empty The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:40

I recently installed the newest patch for the Sims Medieval and I already had the Ultimate Fix in it so I downloaded the patch and it crashes. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, I didnt use the fix the second time, and it still crashed. Im guessing there will have to be a new update for 2.0? I was just wondering if I was being stupid, or this is something already being fixed..

Admin edit: Ah, let's make this a sticky to keep it easy to find. Smile

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0 Empty Re: The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Post by Admin Thu 04 Aug 2011, 16:16

Hello,

Seems like a new update. I'm checking it out now and will update the Fix if necessary. Thank you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0 Empty Re: The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 20:39

It did this with my sisters as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 04 Aug 2011, 22:08

Hello,

The Fix now works with v2.0.113, although I'm not sure about the crashing. We'll have to see from other users.
If more users have this problem, I will update it again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 22:32

I also am not able to play the game after this update. I applied the updated fix and it still crashes after the loading fills at the startup of the game. I also noticed that instead of saying what the current version is on the launcher it instead says localbuild.release instead of the 2.0 version. Ive tried to launch from the program itself rather than the launcher and the result is the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 22:34

I don't mean to intrude,
but mine also says Localbuild!
My game is also failing Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 04:58

I installed the new fix, and now it no longer crashes but I can not choose or make a sim. When I try to go into Create A Sim it stays on the loading screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 05:45

xODuddyOx wrote:I installed the new fix, and now it no longer crashes but I can not choose or make a sim. When I try to go into Create A Sim it stays on the loading screen.

Omg dude!! Same here!!
Did you try to select a generic monarch and it like, didn't work? Like the loading icon appeared for like 2 seconds and vanished?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 05:52

Yup thats exactly what happened. And my friend's and my sister's did the same exact thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 05:59

So it's not just me.. Okay. Lol.
Though I wasted my life uninstalling twice and re-downloading the torrent, it's nice to know we have similar problems and that it'll hopefully be resolved soon! I don't want to spam your thread with chatter so hopefully our good ol' Admin'll come up with a remedy for our gameplague.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 06:17

Mine does not make it past the first loading screen after the cinematic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 08:33

cougar123 wrote:Mine does not make it past the first loading screen after the cinematic.

Thats what mine did at first. But with the updated fix it goes to the loading screen for Create-A-Sim. Doesnt
crash but thats all it does, I have to press escape and go into task manager to close the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 05 Aug 2011, 13:05

Hello people,

Don't panic, I'm working on it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 09:07

Thank you Admin. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 06 Aug 2011, 12:00

xODuddyOx wrote:Thank you Admin. Smile
Hello,

What about now: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Please test it and let me know the result here.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 20:32

I re-downloaded this last night & it crashes after the loading screen. After restarting my pc, it simply wouldn't load past the loading screen for about a half hour and I had to end the game through the task manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:14

Yep, crashed after the first loading screen -_______________-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:19

After adding the fix I now crash to desktop at the loading screen.
Which is an improvement for me because the game was just completely locking my computer and I had to reboot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:25

Yeah, mine too Lila.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:27

Hello,

Ok, people, please be patient while I look into fixing this issue.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:36

Thank you Admin, really. For not giving up. Brings sweet tears of joy to my eyes. :"D

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:38

IrateImmitation wrote:Thank you Admin, really. For not giving up. Brings sweet tears of joy to my eyes. :"D
The spirit is to never give up. Just be patient. afro
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:50

Well said, brotha.
Cool
Well said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:52

IrateImmitation wrote:Thank you Admin, really. For not giving up. Brings sweet tears of joy to my eyes. :"D

I agree! Thank you!

I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 22:27

Yea really be patient guys. Its a lot of work to do this kind of stuff and were lucky to have someone that will! Thank you Admin. I tried the latest too and nothings changed yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top